• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

newsguy

What the heck?

NBA 2K14 keeps uploading my user data, nbatoday, and saveslot3 to my PS+ online storage! Its not even overwriting the damn files and its filled up my whole online storage! 900MB worth of uploaded data!

This is only happening for NBA2K14 and not any other game. WTF is going on?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes! !!!

Jonm1010

Banned
You can spend VC during 'training camp' before the next season starts. Prices are generally outrageous (about 1k per camp) so it's not worth it.
Well that's horseshit.

So I can't really target and shore up certain deficiencies of players anymore? Now they are putting that's stuff behind a paywall basically. Fuck next gen so far!

Derrick01

Banned
What the heck?

NBA 2K14 keeps uploading my user data, nbatoday, and saveslot3 to my PS+ online storage! Its not even overwriting the damn files and its filled up my whole online storage! 900MB worth of uploaded data!

This is only happening for NBA2K14 and not any other game. WTF is going on?

Is anyone else having this problem?

I was wondering why save data was being uploaded even though I hadn't played it in 3 days. That's some bullshit.

Ahhhhh! My PS4 keeps showing artifacts and then immediately shutting down in a cutscene late in the first season where the player meets Ellis again. I cannot make it past this cutscene and I don't think it's good to keep trying since my PS4 keeps shutting down completely.

No other game does this? Anyone else have this problem :(

EDIT: Well, shit. It just happened in Need for Speed now...

2nd EDIT: Hmm, all issues went away when I switched the power cord for my PS3 one...

jrolson

Anyone else have this problem?
My game on PS4 freezes after the intro video and gets stuck on loading when connected to the internet.

I have to disconnect to get to the Main Menu without freezing...

I think it can't connect to the 2k servers and it just freezes. Are the servers down?

ron_bato

Why is Nick Van Exel not on the '97-'98 Lakers roster? AND WHERE THE FUCK IS RICK FOX?

Ugh. I need my boy Nick the Quick!

this has been a problem before, most likely because some of the NBA legends didn't come to terms with 2k. It's the reason why they basically took the 2001 kings team down from previous years, C-Webb didn't want to play ball with 2k.

Other guys that did this are Kareem, Eric Snow, Barkley (who didn't want his likeness used other than for the dream team for last year's game-- hence why you can't find him in the 76ers teams).

DJ88

so i downloaded this game this evening, the download took a good two hours or so. my connection speed is fine when i test it via the ps4 network settings page (2.1mb). since booting the game up for the first time, the install has been inching along at about 1% every fifteen minutes (it started at 11%; it's now at 26%). i'm able to play "quick matches" but i'm tired of looking at LBJ's mug. i tried closing the "application," waiting for a while, and restarting, to no avail. even turned the system off and rebooted; no better.

some other people on this thread mentioned similar problems; is there a solution? or do i just have to wait? if the latter, the word I believe is ridiculous.

Yeah man you gotta wait. The full game is 43GB and you're only getting 2.1 Mbps which equals about .1 MB a second. It's taking you like 2 hours and a half to download 1 GB. You're in for a long wait.

My connection is around 7 Mbps and it took an entire day to fully download.

this has been a problem before, most likely because some of the NBA legends didn't come to terms with 2k. It's the reason why they basically took the 2001 kings team down from previous years, C-Webb didn't want to play ball with 2k.

Other guys that did this are Kareem, Eric Snow, Barkley (who didn't want his likeness used other than for the dream team for last year's game-- hence why you can't find him in the 76ers teams).

So lame! I'm genuinely curious why some retired players don't want their likeness in the 2K series. Why would Eric Snow or Carl Herrera care?

HariKari

Has anyone found where you view award races in my career?

Nope.

And a warning to anyone putting time into MyCareer mode: You can never change the coaching sliders beyond how often your coach runs plays, uses zone, or how deep into the bench he goes. That's it. If someone can correct me, I'd love to hear it. Why? Because once you become a starter and have a good rating, the coach ALWAYS runs the offense through you. So if you get an assignment for assists, teammates won't ever shoot the ball, even if they are open. It's like pulling teeth. There is no way to call for a teammate to take a shot beyond the clunky voice commands that respond too late and too inaccurately to be of use. The opponent AI will of course double team you, and their teammates will gladly take any and all open shots, which are plenty given how inept your own team is at contesting.

I was having fun until the end of the 1st season. In the 2nd season you can sim games but it forces you to play against star players like Rose, Westbrook, Paul etc... who have some sort of bullshit catch up AI attached to them that never, ever misses shots.

The AI defense is utterly worthless. My guy has maxed out D stats and routinely leads the team in steals and blocks... as a PG. I can play my position in a zone, trap, or man perfectly and my team still gets turnstiled, even on home court with a 4% boost from the crowd. My team gave up ninety points in a half. 90! To one of the bottom 5 teams! I demanded a trade after that. The game traded me from the Suns to the... Suns, complete with welcoming party and drop in team chemistry/fan support/twitter heckling.

Buggy. As. Shit.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
So has anyone been able to play a private match online with a friend on ps4? Everytime I try says servers down, but I'm able to play on matchmaking.

Love this game, but the ui and online functionality is horrendous.

Dre3001

So has anyone been able to play a private match online with a friend on ps4? Everytime I try says servers down, but I'm able to play on matchmaking.

Last few days I have been able to play several private games with friends on ps4. Have not tried playing a match today though.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Posting this again to see if anyone else had this happen.

Has anyone had a GM reject 2 trade proposals in a row and had him tell you to not bother calling, as he won't even answer? And if so, any idea how long they'll ignore you? I had this happen to me, lol.

edit: Was just able to get him to answer after probably 8 or so games. This time, I only had one chance to not piss him off, though. Currently upgrading my trade negotiation skill before I attempt again.

Anyone else have this problem?
My game on PS4 freezes after the intro video and gets stuck on loading when connected to the internet.

I have to disconnect to get to the Main Menu without freezing...

I think it can't connect to the 2k servers and it just freezes. Are the servers down?

I'm on PS4. Yep, game is totally f'd right now. I start it up and it just sits at the main loading screen with LeBron. On another note, it is totally unacceptable that they didn't load the next-gen versions of this game with a roster update. Game has been out on PS4 for two weeks and still no roster moves.

This game is crashing WAY more than BF4 for me. And holy shit that's saying something if you're not aware of the mess that is the BF4 launch.

vpance

Got my first breakout game with A+ rating. Feels good. Now to be consistent at it, lol.

So can we delete the old NBA Today saves? The folder is growing steadily day by day.

CRA5H

Got my first breakout game with A+ rating. Feels good. Now to be consistent at it, lol.

So can we delete the old NBA Today saves? The folder is growing steadily day by day.
I've deleted all my uploads except for the latest ones on my online storage. They don't seem to overwrite each other and it just keeps stacking.

I also have no idea how to access all my individually saves files locally. It just brings me to Copy all Data to Online storage and vice versa.

Desaan

MyPlayer story mode is so cheesy, it's brilliant.

Forgot to spend my VC on the plane (had just under 7k) on the way to the showcase and still got drafted 10th. Gonna replay it see if I can get higher, only playing on All-Star though.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
This happened to me after a game today, haha.

ys9BnPl.gif

Joeki11a

Banned
The Player of the game highlights are not showing,it suddenly stops

I deleted the game and reinstalled fresh and still didnt show up.

whats up

Joeki11a

Banned
I'm on PS4. Yep, game is totally f'd right now. I start it up and it just sits at the main loading screen with LeBron. On another note, it is totally unacceptable that they didn't load the next-gen versions of this game with a roster update. Game has been out on PS4 for two weeks and still no roster moves.

Why, when the OS folks have up to date rosters to DL

Some of this may have been PSN problems. PSN has been screwed up all day. I couldn't sign in on a PS4 for hours. I still can't get a PSN+ code to work, etc.

mekes

This game is nuts. Hoping I wont come across too shallow but the visuals definitely immerse you in to the game. Of course that is worth nothing if there is a bad game behind the graphics. I'm really enjoying the game it is definitely my pick of the PS4 launch titles.

Now I just need to learn how to basket ball. We don't do that too much where I'm from!

So this game isn't showing up in my library even though I've played it numerous times (disc version). Its kind of annoying, and the only game to do this.

Edit: Nevermind, none of the disc games show up there (because Knack isn't there either). I was confused initially because ACIV showed up but that's only because there was add-on data for it.

mxgt

Banned
I'm enjoying the myplayer career stuff, but the blatant scripting setting you up to fail is really annoying. up by 15 at the half, subbed out almost the entire 3rd quarter then suddenly down 10 and asking me to make a comeback. shit is lame.

BadAss2961

The Player of the game highlights are not showing,it suddenly stops

I deleted the game and reinstalled fresh and still didnt show up.

whats up
From what I understand, it has something to do with how this game handles memory. I think the PS4's own 'last 15 minutes' recording system will require the 2K guys to change the way they manage highlights. Because as it stands, people who play longer quarters like myself seem to never get highlights because they're no longer in memory.

It has to be something 2K overlooked or didn't have time to optimize, because PS4 and XB1 have more than enough memory to handle this.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
That was your reddit post?

Yep, lol.

lool. Bet it has something to do with him being on a another team. And what's with the gear?
For some reason I decided to give him the long sleeves and pants. It's funny when I'm wearing red jerseys and the sleeves are yellow.

lmfao, like a "nope" but done super fast.

Lebron + Dwight + Hardin + Lin D: D:

No Dwight or Harden. Trying to trade for Dwight, but I doubt I can. Even with upgrading my trade influence.

Someone made this on reddit, lol:

mZfopkd.gif

jrock

Thought this was neat.
Looks like if your career takes off you get the chance to buy some REAL LIFE Nike Lebron sneakers for $220
If anyone got this and doesn't want to buy the shoes please PM me -thanks!

LIMITED-EDITION 2K14 LEBRON XI
HOW TO PURCHASE THIS SHOE

Only the most dedicated and passionate Nike and NBA 2K14 fans will be eligible for an opportunity to purchase this special LeBron 11.

How to Become Eligible
Register in-game with a 2K Sports online account.
Create a custom MyPLAYER in-game.
Complete at least 60 season games and earn an elite player ranking.
Accept Nike Endorsement Path and be one of the first fans to create a Signature Shoe in the Innovation Kitchen.
Earn the opportunity to purchase by becoming a Nike superstar in-game.

How to Order with an Access Code
Once eligible, you will see an in-game congratulatory message from LeBron James inviting you to purchase this limited-edition LeBron 11.
You'll be emailed a unique 16-digit access code. Visit www.nike.com/2K14, use your access code to unlock the order page, and pre-order your shoes. Limit one per access code.
Nike will ship the shoes when they arrive in March 2014.

Pre-orders are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. A unique access code does not guarantee Nike will have the shoes in stock.

Nike reserves the right to deactivate access codes or ban users at any time if fraudulent activity is detected.

So guys!

NBA2k14 had been my first sport game for a decade? Is there any good guide to get to know the basics? I literally have no clue what I am doing the whole time! Help is much appreciated. Thanks!

jrock

So that is a real shoe and not an in-game virtual shoe, right lol?

Yes Real life sneakers for $220 plus tax

Im serious if some one has the code and doesn't want the shoes - I do!

Working on my career now. Finally getting some playing time, which didnt seem that hard considering I got drafted by the Jazz haha.

Vestal

Anyone encounter a crash when a Nike highlight comes up??

had it happen to me last nigh, LBJ dunked and went to Nike highlight, did notice the height displayed 0,0 and then bam to OS screen.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So guys!

NBA2k14 had been my first sport game for a decade? Is there any good guide to get to know the basics? I literally have no clue what I am doing the whole time! Help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Play through the tutorial. It's kinda hard to find but if you go to "NBA Today" then press O or B it will be in the list at the top.

I had such high hopes for the this game, and it is one big disappointment. I look at my games on my PS4 that get patches to issues non stop, but this game has a ton of problems not even counting the not having rosters up to date, with them touting dynamic living rosters. Visual Concepts are becoming complacent and lazy.

Warping trough players is drastic and too frequent.

Defensive players leaving great 3 pt shooters wide open. Rebounding is still bad.

NBA2k is a pretty bitch with an STD.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Don't know if it was posted but if you enter locker code "Than2Kgivings!" (no quotes). You get 2000 VC.

Oh man, I didn't get the ball in the final second of a game and we lost and the cut scenes all made it seem like I selfishly took the last shot and missed, lol.

vpance

I've deleted all my uploads except for the latest ones on my online storage. They don't seem to overwrite each other and it just keeps stacking.

Cool. I just tried deleting the out of date saves and all seems well.

Does anyone know how you get the yellow shot quality indicator to show up in MyCareer? I can see it in free play practice mode though.

Top Bottom