• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

Mik317

So others are experiencing this too I guess. Seriously makes me hate reviews more and more when I see them. The game is broken on release yet gets 8.5s? Battlefield 4, broken, gets 8.5? Why even review a game if you're not going to be honest?

Because they reviewed the pre patch version which was broken as fuck.

2k are scam artists

WOWWW WTF

So I just played a game against a thunder, we were down by 15 and it popped up a message from the coach saying to prove myself by bringing the team back and winning the game. I do this and get the challenge then after the game it skips to a cutscene in the coaches office. The coach lets me know HOW FUCKING DISAPPOINTED HE WAS AND HOW WE SHOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME BUT I DIDN'T PULL MY WEIGHT. My minutes were decreased because of that, the funny thing is my team is on a 7 game winning streak. Fix your buggy shitty game 2K, I'm getting sick of this shit.

Yes. I was playing online and it was just a joke. Besides the input lag, which makes sports games virtually unplayable for me online, the bone-headedness of my teammates was absurd.

In reference to the input lag; I'm glad it's not just me! I played online for the first time a few nights ago and was shocked at the input lag. It was unplayable, I quit after the first quarter because it was just no fun. :(

Nuklear

Banned
WOWWW WTF

So I just played a game against a thunder, we were down by 15 and it popped up a message from the coach saying to prove myself by bringing the team back and winning the game. I do this and get the challenge then after the game it skips to a cutscene in the coaches office. The coach lets me know HOW FUCKING DISAPPOINTED HE WAS AND HOW WE SHOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME BUT I DIDN'T PULL MY WEIGHT. My minutes were decreased because of that, the funny thing is my team is on a 7 game winning streak. Fix your buggy shitty game 2K, I'm getting sick of this shit.

Their "my career" script doesn't take into account in game performance at all. It just pretends you suck when the script calls for it.

Guess I'm sending this back in to GF, getting constant Ce 34878-0 errors every time I play 10 seconds into the Mycareer rookie showcase, basically can't progress because of this.

DryvBy

More freakin' issues. Now the commentary is looping a thing where he says something like "He's going for a layup!" with it waiting 10 seconds and saying that again. On top of that, I have the coach calling time outs non-stop until I'm out of them in the 3rd quarter... and I'm winning! I hate this game.

It's broken and not one reviewer said anything about how jacked up it is. Instead, it sold based on the graphics alone.

And what's up with me being at the free-throw line, shooting an A+ shot and missing? Then I throw up a couple of Ds and Cs, sinks them. People, skip this game. So broken. Really wish I could return the game.

HariKari

WOWWW WTF

The best has to be when you get yelled at by the GM for poor play right after you set the new single game scoring record. Happened to me. Or outscoring a star you are up against (Westbrook, that asshole) by like 40 points and having the media say at the press conference that you didn't measure up to them.

I've played 24 online games, a few Blacktop games, quarter of a season in mycareer, and 6 The Park games and have yet to encounter any type of glitch or error in this game.

Joeki11a

Banned
so all of you play with default?

I speed up the game and players to 60

feels less sluggish and makes the game fast breaks more fun

also I play on HOF as it makes the AI more active

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've played 24 online games, a few Blacktop games, quarter of a season in mycareer, and 6 The Park games and have yet to encounter any type of glitch or error in this game.

First time I ever got booted completely out of the game BF4 style was when I tried to go play a blacktop game last night.

HoTHiTTeR

Anyone gotten one of the MyPlayer Nike Shoe codes for the to order the kicks and not want it? I can't find enough time to slam in 60 quality games - would toss a couple bucks your way for it.

Damn. Everything is expensive at myplayer store. 2k really want us to buy it :lol

It is pretty expensive but it's balanced so you don't get too good too fast (unless you buy points with real money).

In an unrelated note, I've seen the shitty MyCareer AI as well, it is definitely scripts and has no brains to it whatsoever. I was drafted by the Bucks and was having my first great game against the Thunder. Midway through the 4th, I had put up about 15 points, 4 assists and a couple of boards. The coach set the offense to run through me, which was awesome.

Game is tied with 12 seconds left, Thunder have the ball, which I promptly steal and run back for a layup with 5 seconds left. They end up tying it up and we go into OT. Just 40 seconds into OT, we're up 2 and there's a timeout called, coach still says to run the offense through me. I then find that he sits me during that timeout and for the rest of the game, and we lost by 9 points. WTF. I also get trashed on twitter by fans saying I played like shit during the "blow out".

They really shouldn't have bothered with the halftime interview shit. Why are they interviewing the guy who has 0 points, 4 turnovers, and is on the losing side lol

Prophezz

Banned
Is anyone else's game kicking them back to the dashboard randomly? This is for the Xbox One btw. This is happened 3 times to me now and I've been playing only the quick games just to get into the game. It would randomly go back to the Xbox Home screen and I when I go back into the game it loads from the start as if I just started playing it.

Josam27o7

Neo Member
Is anyone else's game kicking them back to the dashboard randomly? This is for the Xbox One btw. This is happened 3 times to me now and I've been playing only the quick games just to get into the game. It would randomly go back to the Xbox Home screen and I when I go back into the game it loads from the start as if I just started playing it.

It happened to me one time on the PS4 post-patch. It never happened at all before the patch for me.

Supposedly a third patch is coming that is HUGE in scope.

They patched a delay into icon switching. Defense is ruined.

I am very disappointed Mike Wang thought this was a good idea.

Pkaz01

WOWWW WTF

Yea that was very frustrating, but it was funny because I didn't even get a reduction of minutes at all, it was pretty much the same.

The most frustrating thing was when I made a PG after I already had played about 30 games with my C and it didn't give me any draft gold or anything. For some reason the VCs are shared between characters so I had to start a new character with 38 VC to spend.. ridiculous

oh and fuck bob the maintenance guy and his birthday every week

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Uh, so I just purchased this game (along with NFS:R) came into this thread and see some not so happy impressions. I haven't opened it, should I go exchange it for another game (PS4)? If so, which one?

Ugh.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
This game is a mess.

Am I missing something or is there really no way to load sliders in myTeam mode? Where can you load sliders period?

Mess!

Joco

Is it just me or are WAY too many shots being missed from close range? Seriously, it's madness. Too many times in a game there will be moments where my teammates will make multiple layup attempts on the same possession and fail multiple times. And it's not just them. I struggle to make basic layups and what should be easy shots with my player in MyCareer. It's actually far easier for me to just do a backstep and drain a three then it is to run to the hoop and shoot from close range. It's infuriating.

Is it just me or are WAY too many shots being missed from close range? Seriously, it's madness. Too many times in a game there will be moments where my teammates will make multiple layup attempts on the same possession and fail multiple times. And it's not just them. I struggle to make basic layups and what should be easy shots with my player in MyCareer. It's actually far easier for me to just do a backstep and drain a three then it is to run to the hoop and shoot from close range. It's infuriating.

Thats the way it should be though.

They decreased the percentage of made contested lay ups and shots.

I'm surprised how bad this game is. Why does every player on my team in MyGM think they're a superstar and should be playing 40 minute a game? One of my players got hurt toward the end of the season and was supposed to be out for 2-4 weeks, yet missed all of the next season and was still hurt (and the game still said out for 2-4 weeks) the season after that. The VC cash-in they're trying is ridiculous (every little thing you do seems to require VC). Bad AI, wonky controls, etc. etc. I think this game might hit the trade in pile shortly.

Like Jordan said this shots are likely contested which is a good thing. You need a player who can shoot in traffic/finish. I'm glad they made it difficult cause too many end up getting easy garbage buckets there too frequently especially off garbage ball movement

I'm surprised how bad this game is. Why does every player on my team in MyGM think they're a superstar and should be playing 40 minute a game? One of my players got hurt toward the end of the season and was supposed to be out for 2-4 weeks, yet missed all of the next season and was still hurt (and the game still said out for 2-4 weeks) the season after that. The VC cash-in they're trying is ridiculous (every little thing you do seems to require VC). Bad AI, wonky controls, etc. etc. I think this game might hit the trade in pile shortly.

yeah they fucked up the role player stuff. and I can't disagree with the hatred for VC. really, I have to pay a price to change rotations? reeeeeeeaaaaallllly

So is this game just F*'ed? I keep crashing in mycareer practice mode everytime I get a foul, it's freaking impossible to get VC. And I have the most brain dead retarded teammates. My favourite part out of all of this though is that I'm still not a starter. I got drafted to the kings, and isaiah thomas is out for the season on an injury, and instead of naming me the starter the team is currently rolling with a 66 rated rookie at pg. Meanwhile my player pg is rated 75 and riding the bench. VC is not calculated correctly or paid out correctly. Also the crashing, I have never seen a game crash this often.

Edit: Crashed again, tried to back out of a menu to fast after upgrading my player.
Edit: Holy fuck this is the videogame version of purgatory, after reloading the previous crash I'm now playing a practice game again and isaiah thomas is back. This game is so broken it's funny.
Edit: Fouled during practice, crashed again. Reload, notice my vc is gone but the stat gains I applied prior to the crash have been reverted. bonus++ AA 2k studios.
Edit: Crashed again, loaded up the game tried to change my jumper too quickly, crash. I'm reporting them all, I hope they see a giant pile of crash reports somewhere with my name on them. This is all in 10 minutes, this game is a broken pile of garbage.

That is weird cause my game never crashes on ps4. But in the PC version I can't play past the first season of MyPlayer, the game just crashes to desktop when I try to play my next game

I actually haven't had any issue in MyCareer PS4 except for the substitution issue, which seems to have been fixed since. I've actually had not too many problems completing 12 minute quarter games with people on here but it seems like league play is a joke. You are at the mercy of the 2k gods when it comes to whether or not they feel like recording the results of the game you just played!

Double D

Guess I'm sending this back in to GF, getting constant Ce 34878-0 errors every time I play 10 seconds into the Mycareer rookie showcase, basically can't progress because of this.

See my posts above. I'm getting the same thing and can't progress. I was having a great time with the game until this. One bug has essentially ruined the entire game for me. I've searched around and other people are posting this issue. On facebook as well as other forums and I haven't seen a single response to anyone.

satori

Ok I am a little annoyed right now. I made a PG, we are close to the play offs on a great win streak right now. Aldridge goes down...and the fuking coach puts me in as a god damn center? I am sitting there getting dunked on and creamed by d howard. For the past few games I been put in as center. Facing towers that just backs me down and runs me over.

Still dont understand it. For god sakes put in one of the backup PF or Centers!

Z3M0G

I find the fact that you can't pick a team and play through a season with an offline buddy complete and utter bullshit. So pissed off about this...

skynidas

Banned
I find the fact that you can't pick a team and play through a season with an offline buddy complete and utter bullshit. So pissed off about this...

Yes, it's ridiculous, I wanted to play with my brother and then found out I couldn't, it's fucking stupid.

weevles

WOWWW WTF

Their "my career" script doesn't take into account in game performance at all. It just pretends you suck when the script calls for it.

Yup. It's way too scripted.

So this new patch that I have yet to install...does it fuck up the game even more? If so, I'm not going to waste 2 more gigs to let it go through.

Top Bottom