• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I am sorry to be a triple poster but lol this game doesn't acknowledge the existence of quadruple doubles. in my first game post-patch, I got 29 points, 14 rebounds, 13 blocks, 11 assists, and it all still says "triple double!"

This is funny because as I was playing last night I heard the announcer dialogue that specifically mentioned quadruple doubles. :lol

Damn I should have been quiet to see if you would become this thread's quadruple double poster and see if anyone would have noticed. ha

Klocker

Post patch... Game in the court plays much better loving it even with its flaws.

don't play the RPG modes or online but sp court play this games is amazing

oh and in Xbox they also fixed the fast resume so bringing Xbox out of stanby allows you to play the game wherever you left off.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Just wondering, but what's the most amount of VCs you can win from the lottery on the MyNBA2K app?

So far 1400 is the most I've won.

RoKKeR

I love how the new patch has fucked my gm mode. You cant negotiate contracts anymore, it wont let you edit the money, years ect.fuck 2K man.
Yeah I notified this as well, such bullshit. It forced my to upgrade some skill so players would sign for 4% less so I could resign my big players and pick up Harden. Very annoying but they all signed so whatever.

lol this mycareer shit is so dumb just had this long ass pointless talk with lebron in the tunnel

feels like it's a bunch of "and the moral of this cut scene is..."

lil smoke

Banned
lol this mycareer shit is so dumb just had this long ass pointless talk with lebron in the tunnel

feels like it's a bunch of "and the moral of this cut scene is..."

I can't front no more, you guys are 100%.

Game is bs.

Same fugin slippery shit when somethings on the line. Challenge? Well lets put this mofo's feet on oil! Make sure he don't hit no shots! Excellent? Brick.

I will give them this.

That little beat they got on the plane and in the car, dude leaning back not looking at the road, I kinda feel that. If they can get this game right, it can be good... with the whole "player" perspective. It would be cool if you had your own beat or your own car, or would upgrade that stuff. I know it's corny, but gotta admit, it can be immersive.

edit: I forgot. Yeah I was rolling on the floor after that (get me banned) shit Lebron did after that game.

I traded it in this weekend. Damn it, I knew not to buy the first next gen sports game, but I still got it anyway because of the hype and praise. The VC bullshit, the stupid My GM over regular association, and the no CPU-vs CPU made me regret it. I will be waiting for impressions for 2K14, hopefully they don't make the same mistakes.

The AI make alley oops with way too much consistancy, which is stupid because it's possibly hard whenever I try it.

Yeah my teammates fucking blow when lobbing to me but when I use the Heat I usually don't have a problem. Maybe Isiah Thomas just sucks at it

lmfao at the first jackson ellis encounter

"If you score more points than me tonight...I'll admit on Social Media that you're the better player!

....but if I score more, you have to try to do the same"

skads_187

going to get this game soon, and havent played 2k in a long time (like some here)

how can you play with the classic teams? just in a reg exhibition/season?

vpance

Just started my second season. If you skip to play key games, don't you miss out on the in between ones to earn VC?

Korezo

From

@Ronnie2K: 3000 Virtual Currency- PS3/360: N14PS-4IZAC-URJ9G-BBF9W-HN8Q3

PS4/XB1: N14PS-NKK9Y-LMZ2J-HXA2G-E2V13 #NBA2K14 #LockerCodes #SantaRonnie RT!

He's doing giva always all week.

ismk

In quick game, the account holder that has NBA 2K14 is only able to control one player and not the whole team. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a way to fix it?

EDIT: Found a work around. When playing with two or more players, only let player one chose the side. The other players shouldn't chose their sides until tip off.

MyTeam is really annoying. I'm only at the 8th seed and just played against a guy who's starting line-up was:

Kyrie Irving
Bob Dandridge
Carmelo Anthony
Dwight Howard
Wilt Chamberlin

Bench:
Blake Griffin
Andre Iguodala
LaMarcus Aldridge
John Wall
few other people...

I was actually beating the little micro-whore until he quit(didn't get a win) and my only gold player is Melo. But if this is how it is for the 8th seed, I can't even imagine higher seeds. Fucking VC.

Finished a game in MyCareer mode and after the game the coach tells me I didn't play well enough and he's cutting my minutes. As a PG, I ended that game with 20 points, 7 assists, 3 steals, 2 rebounds, and led a 4th quarter comeback.

I actually haven't had an issue with the coach telling me he's cutting my minutes except for that one stupid time they made it obvious it was a "DO THIS OR GET FUCKED" goal. what's your teammate grade?

i just want to know why I get A+ every game and am always stuck at a 28 minutes sixth man role

I actually haven't had an issue with the coach telling me he's cutting my minutes except for that one stupid time they made it obvious it was a "DO THIS OR GET FUCKED" goal. what's your teammate grade?

i just want to know why I get A+ every game and am always stuck at a 28 minutes sixth man role

I'm not sure what my average grade is, but in that game I ended with an A- that was nearly an A. I typically end up somewhere in the B to A- range.

Zafir

It's a scripted event that Coach talk. I had the same thing happen with similar stats at the end of the game, you get it regardless of how well you do permitting you still don't win.

As for being stuck at 28 min, I'm stuck at that as well, keep doing good/high rank and I'm still Sixth on the team. >.>

OK so mayhap it's time to redress the balance here.

I've posted a few gripe-y posts earlier about the microtransaction features on this title (and they still stand .. Microtransactions suck)

But as far as the playability is concerned, it's a winner. Like others on here, I was struggling to get better than a C grade (B- usually) and was getting royally pissed off in the process ..

But lately, because I'm not trying to dunk as much and playing a more patient game, it's beginning to click and I'm averaging around a B+ - A- now .. and the games (albeit scripted to a point) are a lot more fun and (dare I say it) winnable. It's as if the game is scripted to a point, but it seems as though it's weighted - hard to describe - but the scripted elements are there for the player to learn how 2K intend the game to be played .. and they are winnable, just by playing clever BBall. MyCareer is a learning curve after all ..

For example ... Whereas before I'd be always aiming to finish with a dunk (I know, terrible way to play - but so spectacular, wow), now doing a quick ISO backstep and a quick off dribble shot makes more sense, and with my 3 Point & Mid max'd it helps too..

Passing the ball and running into open lanes where your teammate will return the pass for a quick dunk / layup too is a rather satisfying thing to do .. A think 2K tried before but failed .. but in this iteration movement is key ..

So I sp'ose all I'm saying is be patient, the game will reward with perseverance. Get frustrated yes, but once a smooth play, ISO move and "Swish!" come together, it's all the more rewarding ..

Especially @60fps & 1080P :)

I'm really pissed right now. I got a "legend" call me out on social media, and I beat his challenge and everything in the game (the announcers even said, "now that should prove to even the legends out there that this player has what it takes"), and the corresponding trophy (Quiet the Haters) didn't unlock.

Korezo

I'm really pissed right now. I got a "legend" call me out on social media, and I beat his challenge and everything in the game (the announcers even said, "now that should prove to even the legends out there that this player has what it takes"), and the corresponding trophy (Quiet the Haters) didn't unlock.

I can't even unlock the trophy to use point of emphasis during a game since launch. The game is a mess.

you won't get a starting lineup spot till after the all star weekend, the whole first season is scripted to hell and back.

I can't even unlock the trophy to use point of emphasis during a game since launch. The game is a mess.

that's weird and unfortunate, I haven't had an issue but it doesn't excuse 2k's shit :(

you won't get a starting lineup spot till after the all star weekend, the whole first season is scripted to hell and back.

Well that's just great

Thankfully I'm in the West so I don't have anymore "life lessons" with LeBron....except for the fact that he tore his ACL in my game against the Heat so he shouldn't have been in game clothes the 2nd time around lol

Situacao

Hey guys, quick question here.

I just bought the game from PSN and when I boot up the game, it gives me the "Installing game. Some features will not be present." screen, with the percentage going up. My question here is, will the game continue installing if I quit it? It is installing very slowly, so it would be cool if I could be playing some other stuff while this installs.

TheNAC

Banned

Same thing happened to me two days ago no trophy

Takuan

Is anyone's VC matching up with their MyCareer mode? Like I have no idea why mines still haven't sync together even after I sent a ticket for it.

I have this issue and opened a support ticket for it. My assumption is that I'll have to start over, but I sure as fuck am not doing that until they credit me the VC I earned up 'til that point for attributes and badges. I recall reading on Operation Sports that this issue also prevents you from having access to the sponsor stuff you unlock, too, which explains why I still have to pay for Jordans.

Fuckin' ridiculous.

I think we should all just start filing complaints with the BBB like Pasta posted on his site

.........except that I have no idea how

I have the same problem. I didn't bother mailing 2K about it.

I have this issue and opened a support ticket for it. My assumption is that I'll have to start over, but I sure as fuck am not doing that until they credit me the VC I earned up 'til that point for attributes and badges. I recall reading on Operation Sports that this issue also prevents you from having access to the sponsor stuff you unlock, too, which explains why I still have to pay for Jordans.

Fuckin' ridiculous.

You know what's even crazy. I sent the ticket, got an email back telling me to show the receipts for the transactions. I sent them and NEVER got a response back. I really feel like violating the fuck out of them for real. I have never felt this ripped off in my life...

Worst, playing the game is so uninspiring now. It's so defeating when your character plays like garbage with ridiculous goals and you feel like your going no where. Worst feeling ever.

Lexxism

Hey guys, quick question here.

I just bought the game from PSN and when I boot up the game, it gives me the "Installing game. Some features will not be present." screen, with the percentage going up. My question here is, will the game continue installing if I quit it? It is installing very slowly, so it would be cool if I could be playing some other stuff while this installs.

I don't have an idea if it will continue installing if you quit(probably not) but you can play when it is installing. That's what I did when I first got this game.

You know what's even crazy. I sent the ticket, got an email back telling me to show the receipts for the transactions. I sent them and NEVER got a response back. I really feel like violating the fuck out of them for real. I have never felt this ripped off in my life... .

This is my reason why I didn't bother filling a ticket to 2K since like they don't even care about their customers problem.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I got a spot in the starting lineup very shortly after the scene where I got benched for not bringing my team back from 20 points behind. It probably helped that I'm a small forward for Portland so they didn't have much of a choice.

One thing I did find complete and total bullshit was that I averaged almost 30 points a game during the season, I was the 6th best SF in the league and about 10 spots above Jackson Ellis but that fucking scrub still won rookie of the year. All for some dumbass cut scene at the end of the first year. FUCK YOU JACKSON ELLIS.

newsguy

I got a spot in the starting lineup very shortly after the scene where I got benched for not bringing my team back from 20 points behind. It probably helped that I'm a small forward for Portland so they didn't have much of a choice.

One thing I did find complete and total bullshit was that I averaged almost 30 points a game during the season, I was the 6th best SF in the league and about 10 spots above Jackson Ellis but that fucking scrub still won rookie of the year. All for some dumbass cut scene at the end of the first year. FUCK YOU JACKSON ELLIS.

If it makes you feel better, Ellis dies during season 2. You end up going to his funeral and fucking his wife at the after party. It's pretty hot but when she talks dirty to you it's all in text and her lips don't move so it kills any chances a quick game tug.

It's a scripted event that Coach talk. I had the same thing happen with similar stats at the end of the game, you get it regardless of how well you do permitting you still don't win.

As for being stuck at 28 min, I'm stuck at that as well, keep doing good/high rank and I'm still Sixth on the team. >.>

I hate how scripted this is. Did anyone ever ask for a heavily scripted career mode? I don't get why 2K decided to go in this direction. Give us the interactions, but let them be decided on how we play, not automatic. On top of that we have to deal with no CAP, no couch co-op in MYGM, and the VC issues. I can't believe a 2K NBA game is this disappointing and broken.

Top Bottom