• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

The next time I get another asshole online who constantly tries to get charge calls I may go to the store, buy a physical copy of this game and fucking break it.

RoKKeR

Thing that is pissing me off right now - EVERY TIME THEY SCORE IT'S MY FAULT.

Seriously, I can't fucking play defense in this game. Whether it's not sticking to a guy, getting beat on a play or whatever I get fucking torched every time and it's always my fault! So, so frustrating.

I also can't drive the ball, I always just run into defenders. It's really annoying.

Got this today

I need to learn how to play, first NBA video game in forever

Holy shit, some of you hate this game lol

Let me know how steep the learning curve really is, I want to get NBA2K14 on the PS4, but I haven't played a Basketball video game before, thus a little hesitant on picking it up!

jbug617

Banned
Don't know if this is a bug or anything. While I was playing My Career, I got injured and was told I'll miss a month. Month is over and the coach says he wants me coming off the bench but the next game I started and I played the whole game. there was no substitutions

Zafir

Let me know how steep the learning curve really is, I want to get NBA2K14 on the PS4, but I haven't played a Basketball video game before, thus a little hesitant on picking it up!
Well I hadn't played a basketball game before, in fact I didn't really know the rules of the game very well either (Its just not that big in the uk, we have a league but it's not as popular). When I first started playing I stupidly went straight into the career and got my ass handed to me, don't do the same thing. Instead go into nba live and go to the tutorial menu part to get yourself aware of the controls and do some skirmishes to get practice and then start doing career or whatever. I'd say after a few hours I started to understand the game better and now Im playing it at an ok level.

I mean the tutorial isn't the best but it's something.

Hasney

Tried one more time and noticed I had 0VC now.

This has been my worst PS4 purchase... And I have Putty Squad and Battlefield 4.

Huddy

Halfway through a MyGM season and the damn save won't load properly. It gets stuck on the coach conversation screen with no available options to choose from and seemingly hangs.

Is my save lost forever?

Hasney

Halfway through a MyGM season and the damn save won't load properly. It gets stuck on the coach conversation screen with no available options to choose from and seemingly hangs.

Is my save lost forever?

It was for me. Tried downloading the PS+ save and everything to no avail.

The best thing is, starting again means you can't re-earn any VC bonuses you may have gotten in any of the modes unless you use a different PSN account. Happy Christmas!

Pkaz01

Tried one more time and noticed I had 0VC now.

This has been my worst PS4 purchase... And I have Putty Squad and Battlefield 4.

Yup tried starting a new position no draft bonus vs or anything. Turned it off and haven't played the game since and don't really plan on playing unless that gets changed. Fuck 2k for releasing shitty versions on the ps3, 360, and the PC. And then releasing the ps4 and xbox one versions with required online and bullshit money grabbing VC techniques on games that are glitchy as hell. You don't even deserve the initial 60 for your unfinished game don't try to get more money with features that are already supposed to be in there. Its not even DLC or anything just making the game annoying until you pay up.

RoKKeR

Fuck VC and fuck defense in this game, but damn am I addicted to it.

My Jazz made it to the second round last season, simmed through the playoffs because I was sick of losing games because I can't play defense for shit.

I was thinking on buying this but all this VC crap plus the confusing UI ( like it wasn´t already confusing before ) and bugs have convinced me to buy FIFA 14 this time ( I tried the demo and loved the smoothness of the new engine, the sharp image, and the new UI ).

CRA5H

Anyone here used the myNBA2K14 mobile app?

I have it on my S4 but when I use it, it seems like my 2K account is tied to my 2K13 character and not my 2K14. I'm sure I'm using the same e-mail account as I checked it in my 2K14 last night. Any ideas how I can get my app and account to show the right player?

And holy crap! This damn game keeps uploading the seem data over and over and again and I had to delete all the data on the cloud. 900MB+ of incremental data saved on my online storage. This is getting frustrating as hell.

lil smoke

Banned
I was a little pissed when I coughed and got a technical in a very close game in the 4th quarter.

Honestly it should be a little more discerning with it's word recognition, to the point where shiiii or fugg should not register. I say what I want in my house assholes.

Turn that shit off.

STA_DMAmul

Neo Member
I was a little pissed when I coughed and got a technical in a very close game in the 4th quarter.

Honestly it should be a little more discerning with it's word recognition, to the point where shiiii or fugg should not register. I say what I want in my house assholes.

Turn that shit off.

damn, haha. That sucks!

Zafir

Anyone here used the myNBA2K14 mobile app?

I have it on my S4 but when I use it, it seems like my 2K account is tied to my 2K13 character and not my 2K14. I'm sure I'm using the same e-mail account as I checked it in my 2K14 last night. Any ideas how I can get my app and account to show the right player?

And holy crap! This damn game keeps uploading the seem data over and over and again and I had to delete all the data on the cloud. 900MB+ of incremental data saved on my online storage. This is getting frustrating as hell.
It's broken anyway. I've got it on my s4 and the daily lottery doesn't work most of the time, nor does the guess the winner of nba matches section.

lil smoke

Banned
Still can't play defense for shit, gotten really good at 3 pointers though.
It's hard, there is something off with the planting of feet. I can't pivot cleanly enough to change direction. It's like if you were running fast and wanted to turn around, you have to run to the lockers before he's able to turn.

Best thing I've found is to leave space, move in small increments, constantly shimmy side to side, don't just stand there. Allow the jumper, do not allow the drive, hold him from time to time (LT/RT). Always anticipate the quick move into the lane off ball (pick & roll), cuz that will get you good. Once you get used to it, you can premeditate everything, the AI is not that organic.

Any tips on how to get your players out of being cold besides get them layups?

I was playiing online and was up 10 till all my guys went cold and I couldn't make a thing. Ended up losing. The guy started doing that stupid charging thing too. I've only played 2 games online but they've both been really laggy. Is it always like that?

Any tips on how to get your players out of being cold besides get them layups?

I was playiing online and was up 10 till all my guys went cold and I couldn't make a thing. Ended up losing. The guy started doing that stupid charging thing too. I've only played 2 games online but they've both been really laggy. Is it always like that?

Stutter step on them when they try that Charge crap and draw blocking fouls on them.... Defensive stops and jumpers help get you hot again too..

Don't. It's a F2P paywall trash game with menus designed by idiots. I played for hours (partially because of borked saves and VC not loading) and finally traded it in, deleted every possible connection that my PS4 had to this game and quit.

Fuck this game.

EDIT: I will pick it up at the bargain bin prices after they patch in all the shit that is wrong (unlikely considering the past games). I did love the basketball, the graphics (PS4) and it really could have been great. But it isn't.

I would hope next year they give back customization stuff along with everything else that used to be in the old versions

but of course we're just going to get new animations, "improved AI logic", some farce game mode, a few extra halftime interviews, and a new control scheme

I would hope next year they give back customization stuff along with everything else that used to be in the old versions

but of course we're just going to get new animations, "improved AI logic", some farce game mode, a few extra halftime interviews, and a new control scheme

And more options to buy VC, now we accept AmazonPayments© and PayPal©!

BadAss2961

Does my team suck at defending the paint or is it the same for all? I'm on the Timberwolves.
The user's AI always plays with the lowest awareness. Plus the CPU AI is always godlike in the paint, no matter who it is. Every big man is dominant inside, while yours will miss point-blank layups at the slightest bit of defensive presence. Every PG can finish like D.Rose and sink floaters like Tony Parker.

The only way to stop it is to get better at taking matters into your own hands and contesting/blocking shots yourself.

Krisprolls

Banned
The "next gen" gameplay is quite disappointing compared to NBA 2K13 or NBA 2K12.

No more defense, you don't have any coaching slider anymore. Too bad because everybody plays help defense like mad and leaves his assignment every 3 seconds, which means you have zero chance to stop anybody who attacks the basket and dunks or passes the ball.

It's more like NBA JAM than a real sim right now, but I'm crossing my fingers for a patch (ah ah).

Desaan

Does my team suck at defending the paint or is it the same for all? I'm on the Timberwolves.

Always crash the boards regardless of the team your on or playing against. Quite often you'll find yourself grabbing rebounds somebody else would of, should of gotten. If you're leaving your assignment to crash or double team just make sure he's not a 3 point deadeye.

alba

Little is the new Big
Yeah, defense is quite shitty on next gen, I'm always trying to do everything because the AI sucks balls at protecting the paint.

Come on patch! I need my shooting sleeve and knee pads back on my dude! :p

Desaan

Yeah, defense is quite shitty on next gen, I'm always trying to do everything because the AI sucks balls at protecting the paint.

Come on patch! I need my shooting sleeve and knee pads back on my dude! :p

Did they disable those because they where a probable cause of the 'reset to 25 rating' bug?

Varg

Banned
Amazing game when it works. Had it for the ps4 but traded it in. I just can't support these guys if there still going to be using those prehistoric dream cast servers for online. My friends and I just want to play a few solid games of team up, is that too much to ask 2k?

alba

Little is the new Big
Did they disable those because they where a probable cause of the 'reset to 25 rating' bug?

I don't believe so, for me it'd just give you the CE- whatever error crash every time I'd try to play mycareer. Removing those allows my save file to load and actually let me play the game. They removed the ability to buy them from the store until the patch hits which should be very soon (hopefully).

Korezo

I played lebron like 9 times 1st season because of trades and playoffs yet he only spoke to me the first time and never again? What's up with that, I even almost had a triple double with 7 blocks and still doesn't talk.

Stopped taking this game seriously and I enjoy it more. I'm not going to play through the modes. I'm just doing pick up games with ridiculous sliders and I'll probably sim my way to the playoff's in MyGM just to try and see if I can win it all without dealing with the BS.

It's ridiculous that they don't have a barebones season or playoff mode without having to do all this GM nonsense.

mxgt

Banned
Despite how much this game pisses me the fuck off with its BS, I still play it all the time because the gameplay is a lot of fun.

I really fucking wish the career mode would just let me play instead of having this scripted garbage though. I'm a starter with 41 mins and I got subbed out at the start of the 3rd when we were blowing the lolcats out by 30+ and didn't come back until 6 seconds left in the 4th, where the game decided that the cats would now be leading by 1. Got given the goal to score the game winner. I did, but god damn I would've probably thrown my controller if I missed (even possible?). Much more satisfying to get the game winner without these dumb events

Can anyone that is in the second season say if it gets any better or is this shit gonna keep happening?

Korezo

Stopped taking this game seriously and I enjoy it more. I'm not going to play through the modes. I'm just doing pick up games with ridiculous sliders and I'll probably sim my way to the playoff's in MyGM just to try and see if I can win it all without dealing with the BS.

It's ridiculous that they don't have a barebones season or playoff mode without having to do all this GM nonsense.

They do have a season mode where you just play a season.

IndustryX

My favorite game of the next gen for sure:)

The mycareer story is awesome makes me actually feel apart of my character despite the overwhelming cheesiness and the voices of some guys missing etc. I'm playing as a 6'5 scoring PG who can drive the lane and play lights out D.

Currently about half way through my rookie season playing on all star difficulty (1.25x), finally began starting for the Atlanta Hawks after what seemed like forever especially the way I was playing, then right after that we traded Teague and now I get 41mins a game:)

Averaging 24.4Pts 5.2A 3.1Reb 0.9Blocks and my personal favorite 2.2Steals

Thinking about bumping the difficulty up one more notch at least, I am an 83 Overall right now and the higher multiplier would help me earn VC for some upgrades quicker. I love having 7 sig skills and the personality badges adds a unique touch to each character.

Kai

Enter MYGM mode and on the screen where you customize it - press RT or right on dpad (forgot which one) - it switches it to season mode. Been playing it this way with my 96 Bulls subbed in to the current league since launch my friend.

IndustryX

What the best way to get the ball off someone?

Every time I press Square it says that I fouled :

You can't just spam square thank god, you actually have to time your steal with the ball handlers dribble moves, if you time it right you can snatch it. Grab pick pocket as a signature skill as it increases your probability of stripping the ball during dribble moves by 40% at its first tier.

mxgt

Banned
Stealing is so easy. I just stand directly between two opponent players and the dumbasses will pass it to eachother and all you gotta do is tap square and it's a free basket. It's kind of hilarious how much it happens.

BadAss2961

Stealing is so easy. I just stand directly between two opponent players and the dumbasses will pass it to eachother and all you gotta do is tap square and it's a free basket. It's kind of hilarious how much it happens.
Always the best way to defend the AI in 2K.

Bravoexo

Can you get ejected?

Yes. When a hard foul happens to a team mate, you get a pop up question to answer in a few seconds... if you say defend your teammate over let the ref do their work, you'll get ejected. (Well, in my case that is what happened.... and a quick GM drama call afterwards.)

lil smoke

Banned
I really fucking wish the career mode would just let me play instead of having this scripted garbage though. I'm a starter with 41 mins and I got subbed out at the start of the 3rd when we were blowing the lolcats out by 30+ and didn't come back until 6 seconds left in the 4th, where the game decided that the cats would now be leading by 1. Got given the goal to score the game winner. I did, but god damn I would've probably thrown my controller if I missed (even possible?). Much more satisfying to get the game winner without these dumb events
I have not gotten to this point yet.

I better go buy another controller, because that kind of bs pisses me off. I get leads up to 20, and that shit gets blown everytime I sit. Then I gotta go in like a crazy man, playing cartoon bball. Honestly it's more about me not wasting my gotdamn evening working to end up with a loss.

A lot of this shit has been happening since SNES. If anyone here played Double Dribble, that was a lot fairer of a game. Something happened when they tried to make the games realistic.

Takuan

Yes. When a hard foul happens to a team mate, you get a pop up question to answer in a few seconds... if you say defend your teammate over let the ref do their work, you'll get ejected. (Well, in my case that is what happened.... and a quick GM drama call afterwards.)

Yup, I've been thrown out twice for questioning a call. You don't even get T'd up, the ref throws you out of the game. It's really fucking stupid.

I will say that it resulted in positive team chemistry.

Top Bottom