• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

Zafir

Not true got in te starting lineup wayyyyy before all star break. Think it was early december.
Hmm, I dunno then. I did move teams, so that'll have delayed it, but I'm in January and have been on fire for god knows how many games now, and nothing. I haven't had any meetings with the coach at all for ages.

in mycareer someone goes down 2-4 weeks with a concussion every other game

and it always comes after a made jumper

also don't bother spending your hard earned VC on arena sounds

they don't work lol

Also, anyone getting bullshit ass Foul calls on computer? Like I had to record this non foul that was committed. It's ridiculous. Replay shows there was absolutely no contact. Where are these fouls coming from?

Nuklear

Banned
So let me get this straight... you can't get ROTY of the year even if average say like 30ppg/5 assists in my career? Hell those numbers should get you MVP.

I also read there is a bug with my career that you can't enter FA. You get re-signed with a zero dollar contract. I read this on Operation Sports.

Orca

I hate how scripted this is. Did anyone ever ask for a heavily scripted career mode? I don't get why 2K decided to go in this direction. Give us the interactions, but let them be decided on how we play, not automatic. On top of that we have to deal with no CAP, no couch co-op in MYGM, and the VC issues. I can't believe a 2K NBA game is this disappointing and broken.

I have to admit I've wanted a career mode where you get events like this, scripted things that crop up here and there, but I'd kind of imagined it as something that drew from applicable events...not forced you into them no matter what. You score 45 in a game as a rookie and get called out in the media by Lebron for not doing enough on a daily basis, then have to score 20+ for three straight games to set him straight...that kind of thing.

Or you go for the shot instead of passing the ball to the team's star player a couple times too many and it sours the relationship so he demands a trade - or that you be traded. You can either try to placate him or go to management and make your case or agree to the trade.

Or what we got. Score a million points and get benched because it's that game in the rotation and it's time for you to go shoot free throws.

Zafir

So let me get this straight... you can't get ROTY of the year even if average say like 30ppg/5 assists in my career? Hell those numbers should get you MVP.

I also read there is a bug with my career that you can't enter FA. You get re-signed with a zero dollar contract. I read this on Operation Sports.
I've gotten ROTM before, but doubt that translates into ROTY.

Silly if Ellis does always get it, especially considering every challenge against him, I've beaten him with flying colours.
Thanks for your help on the matter bros.
?

What is that meant to be sarcasm?

I don't see what's wrong with saying we've had no issues, when someone asks, whether anyone's game was syncing up correctly. ^^

Has anyone else noticed post patch on Xbox One that when you resume the game sometimes it doesn't respond to your input commands? Like it is stuck or something? Even closing it down doesn't fix the problem, i've had to reboot the whole Xbox to fix it. Anyone else having this?

Lexxism

982tYN5.png

Merry Christmas everyone! :D

mbmonk

Is it possible to assign new plays inside a playbook?

So while in a game if I goto:
Options -> ( hit LT 2 times ) "Assign Plays"

Here I can set the "Priority of play types", but I cant seem to select actual plays inside those types. So if I don't like the specific PnR play, I can't seem to select a new one. The games says "Y Toggle Selection" but there is no point to toggle selection if I cant actually change the plays.

Am I wrong here? How can I change specific plays inside Priority type?

Sizzle55

Just got the game ,playing My Career, every time I get put in for my first game it freezes! Anyway around this? Happened three times now.

Fail. The announcers are taking about the Bulls recent game in myPlayer mode, discussing how the Bulls can still pull through without Rose, while playing against the Bulls and Rose is there lol.

meanspartan

Ok loving this game so far overall, but with some very damn big asterisks:

1. As is much discussed, the microtransactions. I don't play MyGM, but I hear it shares the same pool of VC as the MyCareer (the mode I do play a lot) and even "charges" you for lineup changes. Ludicrous. And at least in MyCareer the point gain is so slow at first that you are pressured in a way to buy up a pile of VC to jumpstart your player. Why am I being pressured into microtransactions on a game I spent $60 for? What the hell 2K?

2. Somewhat related to point 1- why can't I simulate games? This hasn't mattered to me yet because I always play the full season in a rookie year because you need all the points you can get when your stats are weak. But pretty soon after that I want to be able to simulate to the key games like 2k13 allowed me to do. WHY is this gone? Is it because you don't want people to have "free" VC? If so, fuck you 2k. Simulated games hardly let you net that much VC anyway in previous games compared to actually playing them, so if that is the reasoning that would be incredibly lame. But if that isn't the reasoning, what is? Why can't I simulate games? I don't want to play every single game of a 20 year career lol.

3. Minor quibble: Put back those replays after cool plays like dunks. I liked watching a replay of myself doing something cool, and if I want I can skip it. Perhaps this is turned off somewhere in the options menu and I am just dumb? Let me know if so.

So other than those two major things and that one minor thing, this really is a great game. The graphics of course we all know are exceptional, and the gameplay builds on years of series excellence. But if those other two things aren't fixed by next year (I would love to have them patched away in THIS game though) I won't be buying 2k again despite everything I love about it. It is fine if you want to sell me VC, but not by making it difficult to acquire without purchasing with real money, and not by (I think) preventing me from simulating games.

EDIT: Almost forgot another big one. One particular "goal" in MyCareer games drives me up the wall. The "take over this game, score ten points in a row!" one. It means I can't even go for teammates who are totally open and get the assist. It means I pretty much have to be a ball hog in order to pursue valuable VC. How incredibly dumb. If it were "score or assist in the next ten points we score!" that'd be much better.

Apparently my guy has a PER of 33.1, higher than Wilt and Jordan. I'm the GOAT and Jackson Ellis is still going to get ROTY!

This made me want to chime in to the thread again. I am, first and foremost, playing on the easiest difficulty.

However, almost all of the scripting seems to be gone in MyCareer for me, and I'm about 15 games away from the season 1 playoffs. I have a 59.5 PER, was able to easily beat Wilt's 100 point per game record, and everyone on "social media" tells me I should be the MVP. I would turn up the difficulty, but I'm afraid to because I've noticed that my team completely sucks if I don't put up 50-60 points per game. They just continuously pass the ball back and forth, and almost always miss. At least the game doesn't seem to be scripted left and right now.

kuroneco

Guess it is a lesson well learned. I'll never trust any of these sports game. Definitely, the next gene hype got me this time but no more. What a trash! and I spent so much time and emotion with this fucker. Ass graphic glitch, worse VC, same bugs from forever, same fucking AI, scripts, cut scenes....

MyTeam is really annoying. I'm only at the 8th seed and just played against a guy who's starting line-up was:

Kyrie Irving
Bob Dandridge
Carmelo Anthony
Dwight Howard
Wilt Chamberlin

Bench:
Blake Griffin
Andre Iguodala
LaMarcus Aldridge
John Wall
few other people...

I was actually beating the little micro-whore until he quit(didn't get a win) and my only gold player is Melo. But if this is how it is for the 8th seed, I can't even imagine higher seeds. Fucking VC.

To be fair I have a pretty good lineup too while at a low seed but that's from spending all the VC I get from playing HOF MyCareer on packs. I get about 1500 VC per game so it's not too hard to get a bunch of gold players.

To be fair I have a pretty good lineup too while at a low seed but that's from spending all the VC I get from playing HOF MyCareer on packs. I get about 1500 VC per game so it's not too hard to get a bunch of gold players.

I don't think the seed matter for matching players up. I've been at 6th seed playing against teams with terrible line-ups. But I've been grinding MyTeam Points and I have a beast old-school team now.

mxgt

Banned
EDIT: Almost forgot another big one. One particular "goal" in MyCareer games drives me up the wall. The "take over this game, score ten points in a row!" one. It means I can't even go for teammates who are totally open and get the assist. It means I pretty much have to be a ball hog in order to pursue valuable VC. How incredibly dumb. If it were "score or assist in the next ten points we score!" that'd be much better.

As a point guard, this one really annoys me. I just ignore it and keep passing to open players. I make enough VC per game anyway on the difficulty I play.

meanspartan

As a point guard, this one really annoys me. I just ignore it and keep passing to open players. I make enough VC per game anyway on the difficulty I play.

Ugh ya I am a shooting guard so you have it much worse than I do. It just seems odd for a game that calls itself a simulation to have the "coach" ask you to do something that would never happen in the real NBA. I mean I can't say for sure, but I don't think coaches order even the Bryants or Lebrons of the league to score ten in a row and then get pissed at them if they "only" score 6 or 8 and get an assist or two. lol

Nuklear

Banned
Ok loving this game so far overall, but with some very damn big asterisks:

1. As is much discussed, the microtransactions. I don't play MyGM, but I hear it shares the same pool of VC as the MyCareer (the mode I do play a lot) and even "charges" you for lineup changes. Ludicrous. And at least in MyCareer the point gain is so slow at first that you are pressured in a way to buy up a pile of VC to jumpstart your player. Why am I being pressured into microtransactions on a game I spent $60 for? What the hell 2K?

2. Somewhat related to point 1- why can't I simulate games? This hasn't mattered to me yet because I always play the full season in a rookie year because you need all the points you can get when your stats are weak. But pretty soon after that I want to be able to simulate to the key games like 2k13 allowed me to do. WHY is this gone? Is it because you don't want people to have "free" VC? If so, fuck you 2k. Simulated games hardly let you net that much VC anyway in previous games compared to actually playing them, so if that is the reasoning that would be incredibly lame. But if that isn't the reasoning, what is? Why can't I simulate games? I don't want to play every single game of a 20 year career lol.

3. Minor quibble: Put back those replays after cool plays like dunks. I liked watching a replay of myself doing something cool, and if I want I can skip it. Perhaps this is turned off somewhere in the options menu and I am just dumb? Let me know if so.

So other than those two major things and that one minor thing, this really is a great game. The graphics of course we all know are exceptional, and the gameplay builds on years of series excellence. But if those other two things aren't fixed by next year (I would love to have them patched away in THIS game though) I won't be buying 2k again despite everything I love about it. It is fine if you want to sell me VC, but not by making it difficult to acquire without purchasing with real money, and not by (I think) preventing me from simulating games.

There is a way to make pretty easy VC. Setup a custom roster with a stacked team and select that team in mygm and just sim the whole season. Make sure to turn off injuries and turn on automation in the options. Easy 400-600 VC per season. If you don't want to make your own roster just search for "twolves2" and I can usually three-peat with that roster before the team gets too expensive to re-sign players. When that happens just delete the file and start over.

Lexxism

There is a way to make pretty easy VC. Setup a custom roster with a stacked team and select that team in mygm and just sim the whole season. Make sure to turn off injuries and turn on automation in the options. Easy 400-600 VC per season. If you don't want to make your own roster just search for "twolves2" and I can usually three-peat with that roster before the team gets too expensive to re-sign players. When that happens just delete the file and start over.

Is that even possible? I tried to sim games and yet I didn't get any VC.

meanspartan

I've made up to 10k so far. With the Twolves, I get 200 for a 34+ win season, 200 for winning the conference, and another 200 for winning the title.

I have a feeling if this were to become a popular tactic 2k would patch that away lol. DOn't want people getting easy VC when they could be paying those dollars for it!

Oh if you're going to sim for vc use my custom roster. It's named MyGmSimVcUseOKC or something close to that. Just grab okc switch off injuries and reduce hat prices to $1.00. It'll give you a 1000VC for simming through the season 550 for the playoffs(if you sweep which you should) and 200 for simming the offseason for a total of 1750 a pop. I also set it up so you should not got any gm's calling you for trades and the only distractions are the interviews which you can't really avoid. I don't know if rosters are shared between xbone and ps4 so it might be for ps4 only. Also you will have to close the app and reopen to get the correct payout every season because the offseason stuff has some sort of issue if you don't.

Woohoo, drafted Wiggins to the Raptors after trading the 8th pick and Jeremy Lin to the Suns for the 2nd pick........

How do I negotiate with free agents? I can't seem to change contract offers =/

I hate how scripted this is. Did anyone ever ask for a heavily scripted career mode? I don't get why 2K decided to go in this direction. Give us the interactions, but let them be decided on how we play, not automatic. On top of that we have to deal with no CAP, no couch co-op in MYGM, and the VC issues. I can't believe a 2K NBA game is this disappointing and broken.

Yeah the scripted events take so much away from this game. I was beating the suns by 35 points with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter, then I get benched (funny thing is all the games before I played all 4 quarters straight through) when I come back in the game the suns are up by 1 with 10 seconds left and I have to make the wining shot. My teammate inbound the ball to me and I immediately get double teamed. I tried to pass the ball to an open man, but the game won't let me.

The suns player then grabs the ball causing a jump ball situation which I end up loosing. So I close the game and start over. Same thing as before the lead keeps going back and forth, then after halftime the suns just can't make a shot. 8 seconds left in the 3rd quarter my team is up my 15 point then I get benched. When I come back in the game there is 6 seconds on the clock my team is down by 1 and I have to make the winning shot. My teammate inbound the ball and I get double teamed by the suns. I couldn't get close to the post so I had to shoot a far off 3 pointer which I missed. I got so pissed off I just turned off my PS4.

I'm with you guys about the stupid bullshit scripted stuff....but all yall know this just means that all they will work on for 2k15 is a "new original story!" instead of giving us what we want

I can sense it

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Woohoo, drafted Wiggins to the Raptors after trading the 8th pick and Jeremy Lin to the Suns for the 2nd pick........

How do I negotiate with free agents? I can't seem to change contract offers =/

You probably don't have any cap room if you can't change anything.

No that's actually a game killing bug, you can't negotiate contract offers

http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/12/23/online-troubles-escalate-following-latest-nba-2k14-patch

It seemed things couldn’t get much worse for the next-gen version of NBA 2K14. The practically always-online nature, its damaging VC implementation, and crashes affecting many were already well publicized. Last week’s patch did little to improve the situation as many are still unable to play MyCareer or MyGM due to crashes. It also introduced a new bug in MyGM that prevents proposed contract details from being altered essentially wrecking free agency.

vpance

Yeah the scripted events take so much away from this game. I was beating the suns by 35 points with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter, then I get benched (funny thing is all the games before I played all 4 quarters straight through) when I come back in the game the suns are up by 1 with 10 seconds left and I have to make the wining shot. My teammate inbound the ball to me and I immediately get double teamed. I tried to pass the ball to an open man, but the game won't let me.

The suns player then grabs the ball causing a jump ball situation which I end up loosing. So I close the game and start over. Same thing as before the lead keeps going back and forth, then after halftime the suns just can't make a shot. 8 seconds left in the 3rd quarter my team is up my 15 point then I get benched. When I come back in the game there is 6 seconds on the clock my team is down by 1 and I have to make the winning shot. My teammate inbound the ball and I get double teamed by the suns. I couldn't get close to the post so I had to shoot a far off 3 pointer which I missed. I got so pissed off I just turned off my PS4.

Yeah that is kind of dumb but in the big picture it's just one game out of many. I guess they just want people to experience the thrill of a close game early on.

No Love

Banned
Fuck you 2K. The more I read and play, the less inclined I am to ever buy a title in this series again. Ugh... Can I delete my own OT? lol

Top Bottom