• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

ROFL

What the hell

Yeah I know. 2k is fucking trash

I actually like the gameplay----the on court play itself is the least of my issues. It's everything else that's ruining it

The best scenario would be to take EA's leagues/online structure/whateverthefuck and marry it to the gameplay of 2k. But nobody can make a complete game :(

Fuck you 2K. The more I read and play, the less inclined I am to ever buy a title in this series again. Ugh... Can I delete my own OT? lol

I'm starting to think we should rally people to complain to the BBB but I have no idea how that works

Yeah I know. 2k is fucking trash

I actually like the gameplay----the on court play itself is the least of my issues. It's everything else that's ruining it

The best scenario would be to take EA's leagues/online structure/whateverthefuck and marry it to the gameplay of 2k. But nobody can make a complete game :(

I'm starting to think we should rally people to complain to the BBB but I have no idea how that works

I'm fine with the gameplay but everything else is pretty bad, they need to copy EA

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I couldn't log into mygm mode so I restart, get in and try to buy a facility with some coins. ERROR, CANNOT COMMUNICATE WITH SERVERS, RETURNING TO MAIN SCREEN. NOW I HAVE TO MAKE A NEW GM/player and I can't find my old one anywhere. All that time played to level with those fucking coins....gone..... Fuck this game and 2k!

so I've only been logging in exhibition games and have played sparingly since launch, but is there some weird glitch or something that causes my player to pass when I hit the shoot button. Sometimes I will get wide open in the lane and hit the shoot button and my player will make some stupid pass.

I wonder if it's lack of EA $$$ or what but they've basically been fucking up the same shit year after year

And like the moron I am I keep getting roped in

I'm having fun and the graphics are top notch so I can overlook the problems but probably won't be buying 2k15, I'm more likely to get NHL 15, MLB The Show and UFC

mbmonk

I don't know if this has been posted before or not, but if you want to look at the selection of plays available you can do that under "Create a Roster". I assume you could edit the plays to your liking and save the roster, but at that point you would be playing with a custom roster.

I like how in scripted meetings your choice is to be either an overly submissive weakling, or to be a raging bitch

can we have an actual game, not a bunch of stupid life lessons?

No that's actually a game killing bug, you can't negotiate contract offers

http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/12/23/online-troubles-escalate-following-latest-nba-2k14-patch

Unbelievable. They just can't get anything right this year. I thought 2K14 was the safest next-gen purchase I made when I per-ordered it, I can't believe how badly they've botched this.

Yeah the scripted events take so much away from this game. I was beating the suns by 35 points with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter, then I get benched (funny thing is all the games before I played all 4 quarters straight through) when I come back in the game the suns are up by 1 with 10 seconds left and I have to make the wining shot. My teammate inbound the ball to me and I immediately get double teamed. I tried to pass the ball to an open man, but the game won't let me.

The suns player then grabs the ball causing a jump ball situation which I end up loosing. So I close the game and start over. Same thing as before the lead keeps going back and forth, then after halftime the suns just can't make a shot. 8 seconds left in the 3rd quarter my team is up my 15 point then I get benched. When I come back in the game there is 6 seconds on the clock my team is down by 1 and I have to make the winning shot. My teammate inbound the ball and I get double teamed by the suns. I couldn't get close to the post so I had to shoot a far off 3 pointer which I missed. I got so pissed off I just turned off my PS4.

That's just ridiculous, man. I like having the things we do in game impact the story, but they should let it happen naturally. Having the same scripted events unfold over the course of a season takes all the fun out of a career mode. I want to go through my own career and have it be different each time I play through it. Instead 2K decides to put all of us in the same situations and go so far as to change the outcome of our games to do it.

cripterion

The NBA Today feature is completely borked. Sometimes it will just disappear from the game entirely for me. The NBA highlights are always the same, they never seem to update.

Omiee

wtf i lost all my data wtfffffff

it said something about failed to connect to 2k servers and than it went to the home menu and asked me to make a new caracter.

even when i download my latest save from psn plus it still promps me to make a new caracter

wtfffff i spend something like 40 dollars on vc points

it said something about failed to connect to 2k servers and than it went to the home menu and asked me to make a new caracter.

even when i download my latest save from psn plus it still promps me to make a new caracter

Fuck thats bad.

Omiee

So guys what should i do now besides making a ticket on the 2k forums.

i lost my myplayer caracter and the 40 dollar worth of vc with it.

Omiee

now i fucked everything up, i tried to delete the latest save because it seemed corrupt ( it would promt me to create a new player every time )

that save had me as a 92 rating now when i launch the game it does not promt me to create a new player but is has the oldest save with a 80 rating player

seriously guys im freaking out i dont know what to do.

Smokey

:(

rvy

Banned
now i fucked everything up, i tried to delete the latest save because it seemed corrupt ( it would promt me to create a new player every time )

that save had me as a 92 rating now when i launch the game it does not promt me to create a new player but is has the oldest save with a 80 rating player

Now you really done goofed. You should have not done anything as soon as the servers went down.

BadAss2961

This happened to me before. I just restarted the game and everything worked fine... It might be too late for you now, but I would've recommended quitting and trying again later without making that new character.

I don't bother playing the game if i'm not connected to the 2K server.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I'm really thinking about trading this game in. Your game shouldn't break if your servers get overloaded and fucked up.

Omiee

Now you really done goofed. You should have not done anything as soon as the servers went down.

i thought it would be fine since i have like 40 saves or something. it saved a file every day.

so i thought if i deleted the one from today i would still be fine with the save of yesterday or something.

because if i look at my saves on the systeem nba 2k14 has a 1gb file worth of saves.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So guys what should i do now besides making a ticket on the 2k forums.

i lost my myplayer caracter and the 40 dollar worth of vc with it.

Good luck with that ticket. I've had one in for almost 6 weeks and they finally answered it yesterday. Luckly I only spent 10 bucks of free money that came with my ps4 for 30k VC. If they ever do get back to you they will tell you that you have to start over and they will credit your account some VC. They only gave me back 20k VC. It's really shitty.

Omiee

Good luck with that ticket. I've had one in for almost 6 weeks and they finally answered it yesterday. Luckly I only spent 10 bucks of free money that came with my ps4 for 30k VC. If they ever do get back to you they will tell you that you have to start over and they will credit your account some VC. They only gave me back 20k VC. It's really shitty.

im fine with them crediting me the 120 vc i had. i was still in my first season any way.

but 6 weeks? are you serious?

Ya no

Is it working for anyone else? I can get on fine, but my brother can't on the same PS4.

Not working for me...

Also, in the 2k14 app, I can see my player up to date as of earlier today, but the only saves on my playstation are from last night and it's asking me to make a new player. What gets saved on the actual playstation vs. the 2k servers? Do they 2k servers hold all the info for my player?

Korezo

Damn did all these problems start again today? Last time I played was when latest patch dropped. This game is terrible... I just want to win a chip so then I can get rid of this game.

Pimpwerx

This was the primary game I got my PS4 this early for, but I still haven't bought it yet. This thread, and other comments keep scaring me away from the purchase. Am I better off going with FIFA at this point? PEACE.

Klocker

. Happened to me last week and I just quit the game and restarted machine and it was fine when 2k servers came back up

Desaan

This was the primary game I got my PS4 this early for, but I still haven't bought it yet. This thread, and other comments keep scaring me away from the purchase. Am I better off going with FIFA at this point? PEACE.

Go with FIFA, no contest in 2K's current state.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Shit now I'm really worried. Last night it asked me to create a new player and I just hit proceed thinking it'd be fine. Servers were and still are down. Now when I boot up the game it's that new created player in the myplayer part of the features menu. My mycareer save is still present but I really hope me making that new character by accident doesn't corrupt or ruin all my progress. Get your servers right 2k, or don't make your game always on.

Omiee

i dont get it i have 40 something saves when i check ps4 settings but when i go to nba 2k14 i have no saves for my carreer.

bjscott05

Can't get my internet enabled modes to work either. I can see my save file when I hit triangle to manage files, but it constantly says "Checking for internet connection" at the bottom of the screen.

Omiee

Can't get my internet enabled modes to work either. I can see my save file when I hit triangle to manage files, but it constantly says "Checking for internet connection" at the bottom of the screen.

i cant even see a save file when i press triangle. But when i go to save options in the ps4 options menu i can see 40 something saves.

what now?

seriously why is this not a bigger issue on sites like ign etc.

Stolen Sheep

Neo Member
NBA 2K's menu design has been horrible for forever - does anyone else remember the weird menu you had to use the right stick to control in 2K6? - and in 2K14 it's been extended by placing a load of internet-enabled features before the menu even becomes available.

I spent multiple start-ups with a total blank menu screen, half wondering if the game was just plain broken as it tried its damnedest to sign in to whatever they call their ID system and load up all the shop message that spams you when you start up the game.

If you're on a poor connection it's a disaster trying to load the game. At least if you've no connection it just boots the menu. EA do similar things in their games, loading this so-called rich content - for a ticker, a video or a shop item - but it doesn't half you from doing everything else while it pages the server.

NBA 2k14 is a good game hidden behind a mountain of poorly constructed UI.

Erban1

What A load of bullshit...as much as I enjoy this, this online only jank is pissing me off...has 2K mentioned this at all?

maxiell

Breaking the association mode with this contract offers thing is truly unbelievable. I find myself going back to play the PS3 version. Too bad I bought the game digitally or it would be going straight back at this point.

The mode itself was 1000x worse than the PS3 game even without the virtual currency crap, and now this? These guys make DICE look like saints in comparison.

Teletraan1

Banned
This was one of the games I bought a PS4 for. They were sold out of the game when I picked up my PS4 so I figured I would wait till it was on sale or something since I was too lazy to go looking for a copy and I didn't care for the size of the game to download. After reading this thread I dont think I am going to pick it up unless its fixed or dirt cheap. What a shame.

Omiee

guys guys

so i downloaded the companion app and logged in and there it shows me being 92 rating and my recent performances and all my earnings in vlc and my recent trade and everything is up to date.

i made screen shots with my phone.

will this make my case stronger?

is there any chanse they have a back up of my save or something?

Unbelievable. They just can't get anything right this year. I thought 2K14 was the safest next-gen purchase I made when I per-ordered it, I can't believe how badly they've botched this.

That's just ridiculous, man. I like having the things we do in game impact the story, but they should let it happen naturally. Having the same scripted events unfold over the course of a season takes all the fun out of a career mode. I want to go through my own career and have it be different each time I play through it. Instead 2K decides to put all of us in the same situations and go so far as to change the outcome of our games to do it.

I played that game 4 times and on the fourth try there was a man open I passed him the ball and with .03 seconds left he made the shot and we won the game. The funny thing is during the press conference the reporter was asking me how does it feel to miss the game wining shot and losing the game for your team. So that entire game was scripted for me to miss the last shot.

wow guess vc is here to stay.

Top Bottom