• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Just about done as well :(, just got 5000 points for kickin ass in a game with the key game multiplier and the difficulty multiplier, and instead it only gave me 2400. Did I miss something here?

Reven

Anyone else experiencing the issue where the game will crash a minute or 2 into the Rising Stars challenge in MyCareer? It's infuriating. I still love this game but its issues are really starting to piss me off.

lil smoke

Banned
As shit as the game is, I have to say I haven't had any of the tech issues on XBX.

Kyrie Irving, they made him a beast, man. damn.

last night I started playing the park...

holy hell it is addicting ;_; especially when you can find a good consistent team

So I would not suggest trying to play MyCareer now. Because I just tried loading it the game crashed and my file is gone forever

Fuck this

LOL!!!! I've had enough of the crappy servers and actually traded this game in today for AC BlackFlag. Maybe I'll come back to this game in a month or two but for now I'm done.

Hasney

LOL!!!! I've had enough of the crappy servers and actually traded this game in today for AC BlackFlag. Maybe I'll come back to this game in a month or two but for now I'm done.

Good choice.

I'd probably not bother revisiting this one, think it will stay broken. See if 2k learned anything with 2k15, although I'm not holding my breath.

Got my refund approved for my digital copy of NBA2k14. I will never buy their games at launch again and will buy used or discounted.

60 Bucks to buy MLB the Show :)

My main argument has been the always online requirement that was added via patch and makes the game unplayable offline. Every patch has to be approved by Sony so I made them partially responsible for this ;). Also mentioned the numerous bugs(playoff bug makes one of the main game modes pointless) and that I am a loyal customer for several years they should show some goodwill when I have to deal with a broken product I bought via their store yada yada yada...

There have been microtransactions in MLB the Show for 2 or 3 years. It hasn't affected gameplay a bit. But you're right. I'll wait for a couple of days for the first impressions.

My main argument has been the always online requirement that was added via patch and makes the game unplayable offline. Every patch has to be approved by Sony so I made them partially responsible for this ;). Also mentioned the numerous bugs(playoff bug makes one of the main game modes pointless) and that I am a loyal customer for several years they should show some goodwill when I have to deal with a broken product I bought via their store yada yada yada...

There have been microtransactions in MLB the Show for 2 or 3 years. It hasn't affected gameplay a bit. But you're right. I'll wait for a couple of days for the first impressions.

This game is a mess and I will probably never buy a 2K product again unless it's Bioshock or something along those lines that don't rely heavily on servers for the game to function.

This game is a mess and I will probably never buy a 2K product again unless it's Bioshock or something along those lines that don't rely heavily on servers for the game to function.

Yeah the bugs don't really bother me that much to be honest. It's just that greed and willingness to nickel and dime their loyal customers just to sell some shitty virtual currency. And to make it worse they managed to find a way to bother players like me that aren't interested at all to buy new shoes or a headband. I have to use vc to change the fucking rotation for fuck's sake.

i am done with buying 2k until i have full proof that my save files will not disappear three months in, on the ps4 AND pc version. in pc the game always crashes to desktop if i try to start my second season.on ps4 my file is gone. i could deal with some of their shit and the vc but i cannot justify wasting my time knowing my files will disappear or stop working

Smokey

i am done with buying 2k until i have full proof that my save files will not disappear three months in, on the ps4 AND pc version. in pc the game always crashes to desktop if i try to start my second season.on ps4 my file is gone. i could deal with some of their shit and the vc but i cannot justify wasting my time knowing my files will disappear or stop working

Me too brother

Me too :(

I'm going to be so upset if they ruin The Show. This has been downgraded to a wait a week title now.

SCEA's community manager Russell said this on the topic:
"If you don't like our implementation and execution of Universal Currency in MLB 14 The Show, it won't be for any of the aforementioned reasons already discussed. "

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-show/700408-universal-currency-coming-mlb-14-show-10.html

They have earned the benefit of the doubt but still, no day 1 purchase for me.

If you aren't online what modes can be played?

And if you start a Mycareer mode offline, does stay playable offline?

Yes but say you earn a ton of VC points, if it doesn't upload to the 2K servers correctly which has happened to me numerous times the game will save and you will continue without earning anything. VC and it being synced after everything you do to the server has basically killed this game which is a shame because it's a really good game to play and the VC server issues totally wreck it.

Yes but say you earn a ton of VC points, if it doesn't upload to the 2K servers correctly which has happened to me numerous times the game will save and you will continue without earning anything. VC and it being synced after everything you do to the server has basically killed this game which is a shame because it's a really good game to play and the VC server issues totally wreck it.

I'm only playing 2k13 on Wii U, but I now disable my internet to play it because im sick of the servers being down.

Is there anyone else making NBA games? I'm really loving playing a basketball game, and the game itself is great, but it's being totally ruined by the online element.

If LD2K is lurking, how about discussing ways to implement VC that doesn't ruin the game for everyone. On top of that, how long do the developers/2K really think they can get away with these terrible servers? NBA Live isn't a threat as of now, but if 2K keeps this up there will be a new NBA king in town.

Vinneh

Banned
tumblr_mz2b0oCs8z1qdlh1io1_250.gif

2K...

Dante316

Anybody having this issue. My career wasn't working so I deleted the game. When I reinstalled it, it stops during the openning and on the lower left says installing at 3% for what seems forever...

Man I'm in such a love hate relationship with this game. I play myCareer exclusively and I love the sorta RPG elements and the actual gameplay and even the cheesy interludes but fuck the rubberband AI, and the server problems, but mostly the AI.

For me it seems like some games there is a switch flipped and I spend the entire game oscillating between being 0 to 10 points down. Doesn't matter who the other team is. I get close to catching up and then the shields go up and even the easiest layup becomes impossible while the AI team is landing 3s from half court. If the switch is the other way then I usually win with maybe a close call or two.

I would love to know from the developers how much the game is actually dialing down my team's "luck" and how much is me psyching myself out. This game is going to put me into therapy.
It's not you. It happens to me also. The opponent ai flips the beast mode switch and they become godlike. Can't penetrate. Can't shoot in traffic. Can't make a jumper even when wide open because they become speed demons that can block everything.

Meanwhile these cheats are making contested threes and flying by you and ignoring any defense put in front of them.

So what's going on with this game? Is it worth getting? I'm a fan of the series but it seems like 2k is messing up on a few fronts here (vc, servers, buggy game modes, AI quirks). Is the general consensus that it's a regrettable purchase despite being graphically excellent?

Dante316

So what's going on with this game? Is it worth getting? I'm a fan of the series but it seems like 2k is messing up on a few fronts here (vc, servers, buggy game modes, AI quirks). Is the general consensus that it's a regrettable purchase despite being graphically excellent?

Game won't even start for me. Its been freezing on me and it wont even install. ..

I'm not sure how many different ways there are to say no, but:

NO.

What does the USA map + no.6 skill do? Does anyone know?
That's lebron coast to coast. Forgot the specific number but you are faster in transition and then you can take more contact on the finish. So its one man fastbreak and finisher rolled in one

Pollux

Didn't see an xbox one OT. picked this up and I an so fucking bad, I'm playing career on Rookie and am terrible. Almost want to just quit. First basketball game I've owned since the N64 days :(

lil smoke

Banned
Didn't see an xbox one OT. picked this up and I an so fucking bad, I'm playing career on Rookie and am terrible. Almost want to just quit. First basketball game I've owned since the N64 days :(

I was like that in the beginning when I switched from Live to 2K style.

I think the main thing is to not try too many dribble moves, just play straight up, and you can't just pass across the entire court thru everyone like you used to. You gotta have proper angles for everything, and you can't go from 1 to 100 MPH and then stop again. Tiny movements. Use the speed thing only when you need to.

Eventually you'll get there. Some games the AI will cheat and make you feel like you can't control anything, just ignore that bullshit.

Pollux

I was like that in the beginning when I switched from Live to 2K style.

I think the main thing is to not try too many dribble moves, just play straight up, and you can't just pass across the entire court thru everyone like you used to. You gotta have proper angles for everything, and you can't go from 1 to 100 MPH and then stop again. Tiny movements. Use the speed thing only when you need to.

Eventually you'll get there. Some games the AI will cheat and make you feel like you can't control anything, just ignore that bullshit.
Yeah. Thanks. I had to move the difficulty down to rookie and I'm still graded poor and no higher than a C every game :/

I'm only playing 2k13 on Wii U, but I now disable my internet to play it because im sick of the servers being down.

Is there anyone else making NBA games? I'm really loving playing a basketball game, and the game itself is great, but it's being totally ruined by the online element.

EA has NBA Live but the game REALLY SUCKS... Other then that we are out of luck. I am ready to give up on basketball games all together LOL!!

Vinneh

Banned
Some games the AI will cheat and make you feel like you can't control anything, just ignore that bullshit.
Hard to ignore when teammates shoot awful shots, dont pass and shots that i made easily in earlier games, are lame misses in some other games.
Also hate it when my team has a 14 point lead, i get to sit on the bench and when i return we are 18 points behind. Then the coach goes: tie this game up...
Hate this, really do.

lil smoke

Banned
Yeah. Thanks. I had to move the difficulty down to rookie and I'm still graded poor and no higher than a C every game :/

What position?

PG is good to start with.
Set a screen every time down if you don't have the ball. That is a cheap way to get points.

In any case, somehow my XBX game fried, I get to the loading screen and it says loading XXXXXXXXXX, then the game goes to dashboard.

BS. I feel I should be reimbursed for this kinda shit.

I have about 10 games left in the regular season of MyCareer, and haven't really had any of the problems I've heard about here. My character's body got reset at one point, but otherwise me and the Jazz are pretty much a lock for the playoffs thanks to my 50 ppg. I also feel like my guy is earning enough RPG points where I can constantly grow him without any urge to spend real money, which is good, because I will never do that.

(Sidenote: This is the farthest I've gotten in an NBA 2K game in 10 years without my save file getting corrupted).

HOWEVER, I have had trouble playing pretty much every other game mode, especially MyTeam, because of the goddamn menus. It really is bizarre that in the mode built around spending real money, it is nigh impossible to figure out how to set your roster. Plus, I am almost out of Player Contracts without enough "currency" to buy another card pack, so would I have to spend real money in order to continue playing? Ugh. What a mess. I was a fan of these card-based franchise modes at first, because it sounded cool in theory, but the paywall seems to be getting higher and higher.

I've pretty much accepted that there is no way to obtain Diamond player through gameplay in the MyTeam mode. The only people that have even one is from 2K giving away Diamond Kobe codes to Youtubers and twitter giveaways. I thought this type of shit was against the terms of service? Fucking next gen...

Top Bottom