• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

Lexxism

Such a shame :-/. I understand it, and you got a good deal, but the core gameplay is really fun. Too bad 2k screwed it all up. Pissed that I can't link all my VC since my character is already ridiculously upgraded, but I can't spend that 30k on him.

Wow, we're on the same boat. I can't use my 30k VC on my 1st myplayer save. So, I just created another one for me to use the 30k VC.

lefantome

what do I have to do to unlock the lebron james king achievement/trophy? I scored 13/14 from the field at the end of the match and it didn't unlock, I was playing 6 minutes, easy

even the achievements sucks

newsguy

Such a shame :-/. I understand it, and you got a good deal, but the core gameplay is really fun. Too bad 2k screwed it all up. Pissed that I can't link all my VC since my character is already ridiculously upgraded, but I can't spend that 30k on him.

I have this same issue. What a joke

Traded this on craigslist for Killzone. I know Killzone isn't supposed to have that good of a campaign but I was playing Killzone multiplayer during this free weekend and enjoyed it. I have touched 2k in awhile. Figured it's worth the trade

RedAssedApe

Banned
thinking of trading this for bf4.

so frustrating that i actually wanted to play this game this weekend b/c a friend has it now too and we couldn't.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

Yea, I have absolutely zero complaints about the actual gameplay. With their most recent gameplay patch playing a game of ball was very nice. It's just too hard to focus on ballin with the stench from everything surrounding it assaulting you.

I was really pissed with the bait and switch of the 'always online' patch, I looked past it for the gameplay. Was pissed that 'my player' VC was not synced up with the rest of my VC because i started my dude before the online patch, looked past it for the gameplay. Final straw is now that the servers shit the bed because I can't look past that for the gameplay because my saves are gone and I now can't enjoy the gameplay.

Later bros. On to Ass Cred now, just now went and picked that up after selling this.

Nobody listen to this guy. If you play online, do not get fifa. The scripting and momentum in the game is horrible.

I haven't had a single issue with my online experience. It's been buttery smooth and I've never had problems connecting or finishing a game.

As for the game play I don't know jack shit about soccer so maybe what you're saying is right but that hasn't been a problem for me either.

leehom

Lost about 80k in upgrades in myGM because all of my upgrades are now zero. WTF ? If they don't fix this, I'm getting rid of this piece of turd. I spent way too much time playing this game and earned those VC.

My game is just stuck on loading in mycareer. I thought it was the shitty servers but I signed in on a different account with no saves and was able to play just fine with a new character. 2K pulling their best EA impression with this game

Thanks for posting the link to the points.

Yes it is the reason. Its fucking garbage.

I can't believe I paid full price for that to happen. Pretty wild. I've been gaming since my 2600... this is painful.

In other news, had a friend on the X1 as well say his MyPlayer mode popped back up, yet he was a completely different guy, but on the same team and stuff. But new name and new look. He's white. His new guy is black. Not sure how that can happen. I'm pretty soured that I've played 71 games so far of the first season, and mine could mess up, and I can't even play it right now.

rvy

Banned
I can't believe I paid full price for that to happen. Pretty wild. I've been gaming since my 2600... this is painful.

In other news, had a friend on the X1 as well say his MyPlayer mode popped back up, yet he was a completely different guy, but on the same team and stuff. But new name and new look. He's white. His new guy is black. Not sure how that can happen. I'm pretty soured that I've played 71 games so far of the first season, and mine could mess up, and I can't even play it right now.

Same thing happened to me, player appearance was reset when the servers got fixed. Can be changed in the MyPlayer tab on the Features menu.

Ok, I am really close to going into a RAGE!!! But I am going to remain optimistic I don't have to. I just want to add I have had every NBA2k Game for basically the past 9 years now, I love this game, but I am pissed.

I have had the game since launch on PS4. The NBA2k Servers have been down for about the past 2 and a half days for me, and I haven't been able to play MyGM at all, nothing, zip nada since I cannot connect to the NBA2k Servers and their game has this stupid DRM shit now.

Just now, my game loaded up and is having me create my MyPLAYER all over again. Somehow, the one I already created is gone. I have to do everything again. Now this isn't a big deal cause I really haven't done anything in MyPLAYER, I have been spending all my VC $$$ in MyGM which I have played religiously.

EDIT: Ok, it appears all the MyGM files are fine, they didn't get erased THANK GOD!

I just want to say this DRM tied to the cloud online save crap is just that, crap. If this game deleted my MyGM save files (I don't know yet if it has), I will go nuts. I have played this mode religiously since launch.

Ilive1up

i just turned on the game to play right now and it's making me create a new player?

the fuck?

EDIT: looks like a missed some things. redic i can't play this game without online connection. unreal.

Zafir

what do I have to do to unlock the lebron james king achievement/trophy? I scored 13/14 from the field at the end of the match and it didn't unlock, I was playing 6 minutes, easy

I did 14/15 and it popped after the game.

Takuan

Maybe it's a blessing that I've only ever had an offline my player save. I can still progress through the mode offline, although things like sponsorship perks are missing/broken since they're tied to VC. Lol.

This really should be getting more coverage than it is. My guess is that few/none of the gaming press are playing the game to experience the fuckery afoot, and therefore don't care.

bjscott05

Holy shit the 2k servers are still down on ps4! I'm pretty sure I haven't been able to play my career since Christmas. This is totally unacceptable.

Edit: just restarted the game and now I connected. For some reason my name and appearance got reset. Sweet...

Brannon

Wow... this just reeks of bait and switch. Any way to get a refund? Because this does not resemble the game that was advertised.

EA really messed up. If they had put more effort into NBA live they would have gain some of 2K fan base. I just don't understand why this game keeps getting great reviews when its a complete mess. Seems most reviewers were too mesmerized by the graphics to pay attention to all the issues. i'm going to trade my copy in tomorrow.

EA really messed up. If they had put more effort into NBA live they would have gain some of 2K fan base. I just don't understand why this game keeps getting great reviews when its a complete mess. Seems most reviewers were too mesmerized by the graphics to pay attention to all the issues. i'm going to trade my copy in tomorrow.
I don't think any of these issues were present at launch.

Smokey

When I did it I did something like 16/17 just to make sure it unlocked.

Really the only reason I'm still holding on to this is to play myplayer a bit more. I've already done myGM to the max (got all trophies), but if my myplayer file is gone it's a wrap.

Omiee

seriously this guy is irritating the shit out of me.

i used to have a usa copy of nba 2k14 and played it on my us account. i decided to go digital and bought it from the dutch store.

now my saves wont work with the game.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I love how the AI makes a floater 99% of the time and it's basically impossible to block or defend. They need to get rid of the bullshit unblockable shots. I've had my players hand go through the ball numerous times.

I just had a conversation with DeMarcus Cousins where he basically said "We could be like McHale and Bird, Jordan and Pippen, etc.....therefore you need to give me the ball while you worry about defense!"

And I happily accepted :(

rvy

Banned
I just had a conversation with DeMarcus Cousins where he basically said "We could be like McHale and Bird, Jordan and Pippen, etc.....therefore you need to give me the ball while you worry about defense!"

And I happily accepted :(

Beta dogs bros 4ever.

:(

Fuck you, LaMarcus Aldridge. I shouldn't have accepted being your bitch, you suck.

yeah why do I keep wasting myself with this

My team can't hit any open shots I get them...and the opposite never fails to miss. They even hit shit I'm clearly contesting :(

I love how the AI makes a floater 99% of the time and it's basically impossible to block or defend. They need to get rid of the bullshit unblockable shots. I've had my players hand go through the ball numerous times.

Hate this with a passion. It's usually PG who do this like Stephen Curry, D wood, Kyle Lowrie is a major offender of this as well.

Whenever I see a big man on the opposing team backing up into the rim I just know that 2 points will be made with their bs turnaround jumpers or hook shots.

BadAss2961

Whenever I see a big man on the opposing team backing up into the rim I just know that 2 points will be made with their bs turnaround jumpers or hook shots.
Backing off and contesting the shot yields much better results than staying in post defense. Hold O (button to take a charge) to back off instantly.

CPU big men will make just about everything if you let them post you.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
The bugs in this game.
1.Can't adjust contracts with MYGM
2. Can't advance in the playoffs cuz I'm waiting on a series to finish!

I mean really? Did they test this shit at all?

Backing off and contesting the shot yields much better results than staying in post defense. Hold O (button to take a charge) to back off instantly.

CPU big men will make just about everything if you let them post you.
Oh, it doesn't happen to me. I want to come over and help my brain dead ai teammate because I know what's going to happen. However, if I leave my man to help my teammate, then a three will be made.

Top Bottom