• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

It's really sad how there's no way to get 2k to respond to my ticket unless I act like an immature prick on twitter to get them to respond.

Which I haven't done or will stoop to, by the way.

Fuck that, I blast Ronnie and LD2K all the time. I'm tired of them giving half-assed responses. I really don't like that 2K doesn't have people who actually work on the game have more of a presence online. Most people can't even name the developer of NBA 2K games. I try to ask LD2K and Ronnie shit and they don't even know what they're talking about, I know more about the game than they do. Yet they respond to some Lakers fan boy in a heart beat, pathetic. If 2K15 is the same way, I'm done. I'll wait for real reviews from gamers since none of the media outlets bothered to mention how broken the game was and only focused on shiny graphics.

yeah i have been checking and still don't see any news. when fanboys comment on their twitter all 2k does is say give us your ticket number! we will get an agent on it!

hey how about you get a fucking agent on my two week old ticket you fuckwads

New Ronnie tweet says the patch will be out "any day now." Is that a longer or shorter period of time than "shortly?" So frustrating.

803616.gif

rvy

Banned
Wait a fucking sec, I gotta buy my own shoes after Nike told me to make them? This wasn't on the contract.

Does Kobe buy shoes?

Did I say something goofy? They said shortly on 1/23, and any day on 1/27. I suppose in the grand scheme of things, 1 week is a short period of time. For a bugged game that's patched on one system but not the rest, however...

gif wasn't directed at you, it's my reaction to 2K's poor handling of the game and this whole situation. frankly its disgusting.

I feel like I'm being manipulated

This is basically a make-shit-work-or-I-sell patch and they're taking fucking forever

pretty much.

rvy

Banned
It's really sad how there's no way to get 2k to respond to my ticket unless I act like an immature prick on twitter to get them to respond.

Which I haven't done or will stoop to, by the way.

Let me help you out bro. I can go really, really low when I deal with scummy publishers.

gif wasn't directed at you, it's my reaction to 2K's poor handling of the game and this whole situation. frankly its disgusting.

pretty much.

Ah! I feel better now.

I really am trying to be patient, but all the glitches, bugs, and issues wear a person down. The fact that MyCareer is currently broken and unplayable past the Rising Stars game leaves me awestruck.

lil smoke

Banned
Oh were we supposed to drop the first agent for the big shot with the industry pull? I thought the first guy was cool and didn't want to do that, and I figured they would try to rip me off and cheat anyways.

My file is back too. Although it is at the beginning of Jackson Ellis game #2, I'm too scared to back out and see if myGM works. Just going to finish this

Hooray 2k you made your game work again

peace

Neo Member
why isn't the PC version a port of the PS4 version? It would be interesting to see what kind of pc is needed to get the same level of graphics etc as the PS4 version.

jacket320

Picked this up and am having issues with the sound cutting in and out. A quick google search told me this isn't an isolated issue but I never saw a consensus on a fix. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hasney

why isn't the PC version a port of the PS4 version? It would be interesting to see what kind of pc is needed to get the same level of graphics etc as the PS4 version.

It might be next year, but they might follow the FIFA model where it isn't so they can target lower specs as they believe it will get more sales by doing that.

Double D

Anyone else getting audio drop outs since the new firmware patch?

I am, but the patch also allowed me to advance past the Rising Stars challenge, so I can actually play My Career again, so I'll take what I can get at this point. I hadn't been able to play the mode since late November.

Anyways, since I had been playing a regular season since then, I had accumulated alot of VC points that I dumped into MyPlayer once I could tart playing again and my guy is a total beast. I've been averaging like 45 points per game since the All-Star game and my team hasn't lot a game. Looks like we'll make it into the playoffs.

I'm curious as to how much this current streak has been 'scripted'. Did everyone else basically get stuck on a super shitty team to start off, only to rally after the All-Star game to make it into the playoffs?

Lastly, I was able to dump a bunch of those points into Dunk/Vertical/Dunk Packages, so being able to pull off some nice dunks has been a great change of pace.

my all around PF has the max vertical and hands you can have, and his dunk is an 82. why can I never catch and finish an alley, or have a teammate that can throw one? wtf

my all around PF has the max vertical and hands you can have, and his dunk is an 82. why can I never catch and finish an alley, or have a teammate that can throw one? wtf

My center is 7'2 with max vert and max hands and 80 dunk. I usually can't dunk unless there is no one between me and the basket. So the only times I've dunked are on fast breaks and once from an under the basket reverse-pulldown dunk. If I lose my defense in the post and get open, my player just does a layup instead of a dunk, lol.

Double D

My center is 7'2 with max vert and max hands and 80 dunk. I usually can't dunk unless there is no one between me and the basket. So the only times I've dunked are on fast breaks and once from an under the basket reverse-pulldown dunk. If I lose my defense in the post and get open, my player just does a layup instead of a dunk, lol.

Do you have the posterize skill? I dunked on someone last night for the first time, and this was with my PG. He's got 90 dunk and 90 vertical.

Into

Ive tried everything but i just cannot seem to either get drafted by the Knicks or get traded there. Ive tried on 3 different saves, one as a SF and 2 saves as SG, i put them as my favorite team, i ask for a trade and even get Knicks as the team most interested in me and after 20 + trades throughout my save, ive yet to land there.

I am pretty sure it is impossible to get drafted by them as a SF or SG, maybe other positions.

Does anyone have any tips? I dont know what to do anymore. Its the team ive always played in MyPlayer, why is it so easy to get traded/sold to the team you want in FIFA MyCareer, yet in 2k14 on next gen it seems impossible?

Ive even had Knicks tell me they would pick me for the draft, but once their pick came up they always picked JH Jr.

Ive tried everything but i just cannot seem to either get drafted by the Knicks or get traded there. Ive tried on 3 different saves, one as a SF and 2 saves as SG, i put them as my favorite team, i ask for a trade and even get Knicks as the team most interested in me and after 20 + trades, ive yet to land there.

I am pretty sure it is impossible to get drafted by them as a SF or SG, maybe other positions.

Does anyone have any tips? I dont know what to do anymore

But the question is... Why the Knicks and their terrible D? I believe it's because those spots are heavily occupied by both Smith and Melo so they don't want to mess up with them. I'm guess they are permanent stars. Have you tried the Bulls, pacers, thunder, golden state, Brooklyn, Clippers? Imo, those are all better than Knicks at this point.

Anyone else getting audio drop outs since the new firmware patch?

Yes and I thought I was going crazy. It's annoying to say the least.

Do you have the posterize skill? I dunked on someone last night for the first time, and this was with my PG. He's got 90 dunk and 90 vertical.

No, I don't have any of the dunk skills.. 2000 points seemed a little dear when I could invest it in stats. Does it make that much of a difference? Maybe I will save up my points and blow it on posterize then.

Into

But the question is... Why the Knicks and their terrible D? I believe it's because those spots are heavily occupied by both Smith and Melo so they don't want to mess up with them. I'm guess they are permanent stars. Have you tried the Bulls, pacers, thunder, golden state, Brooklyn, Clippers? Imo, those are all better than Knicks at this point.

Yes and I thought I was going crazy. It's annoying to say the least.

Oh no doubt those are better teams, i just enjoy playing on the Knicks.

On the PS3 version of NBA 2k14 i was able to eventually get traded there as a SF, i just wondered if there was a way. Guess ill keep trying.

I'm talking about 2k13, but the server is so bad on the Wii U version its forced me to play offline. And these menus are a clusterfuck. Fun game though.

I'm talking about 2k13, but the server is so bad on the Wii U version its forced me to play offline. And these menus are a clusterfuck. Fun game though.

You could also apply that to 2k7, 2k8, 2k9, 2k10, 2k11, 2k12, and 2k14...on every single platform

Shit's just unacceptable at this point

Double D

No, I don't have any of the dunk skills.. 2000 points seemed a little dear when I could invest it in stats. Does it make that much of a difference? Maybe I will save up my points and blow it on posterize then.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not. I had a ton of VC points at one point and went from not being able to dunk at all to 90 dunk/90 vertical/dunk packages/Posterize skill all in one swoop.

edit: I can't figure out how to sync the iOS app to my game at all. Where do I go within the actual game on PS4 to make sure it is linked correctly?

Ya no

Picked this up and am having issues with the sound cutting in and out. A quick google search told me this isn't an isolated issue but I never saw a consensus on a fix. Any ideas? Thanks!

Having the same problem, started a few days ago. It seems like it's increasing in frequency too. Friends are playing right now and the sounds is cutting out like once every minute or 2.......

rvy

Banned
lol @ Bron coming to your house to recruit you in the off-season.

I bet I'm gonna end up with the Bulls after requesting a trade. FML. Auto-saves are shit.

Lexxism

lol @ Bron coming to your house to recruit you in the off-season.

I bet I'm gonna end up with the Bulls after requesting a trade. FML. Auto-saves are shit.

What year was that? Goodluck with him recruiting my player since it's a SF lol

rvy

Banned
After rookie season? That was fast! I didn't even see him on my first save file after the rookie season.

Yeah. I won the finals, so maybe that's why. Miami didn't even make it.

The whole exchange is pretty funny. It's like:

- Hey bro, u wants to team up with ya boi?
- No, not really. D Wade is dead and you're leaving.
- Come on bro. We can ARRANGE it.

It's like Pat is gonna go up to the commissioner and demand the trade or something.

I'm hellbent on going to LA anyway and get Kobe at least 2 rings, so I don't give a fuck about Bron's proposal.
He should go help the Knicks or some shit. Game is gonna troll me and trade Kobe for me doe.

rvy

Banned
The Grizzlies?

Really?

The Grizzlies?

Man, fuck you 2k.

Bron went to LA. This game is trying to fuck with me.

Top Bottom