• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I have Iman Shumpert on mygm team. At the beginning of the playoffs last season, he tore his ACL. I only got him back 2 games ago. He just tore his MCL and is out for 4-6 months again. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I think it's time to trade him once he recovers since he seems to be like a porcelain doll.

rvy

Banned
This fucking hard salary cap thing is ass, I have no idea how this shit works. I manage to get both LeBron and Kobe to agree to a deal and then the game tells me I don't have enough cap space for LeBron. I wasted like 2,000 VC trying to upgrade my stuff to negotiate with both and then this happens. Fuck it, deleted my save. Don't even care no more.

2k ps4 is so fucking trash.
not only is league options borked but the servers are always down.
at least 2k14 pc the servers worked 95% of the time.

I'm so mad about this game right now. The server issues are horrible... and the actual game play seems to be just completely random crap for me now. Did they patch in like a huge amount of randomness on everything? Now that I got my mycareer player to 90 3pt and 90 consistency, I miss 50% or more of my wide open "good shot selection" excellent release 3s, like off the front of the rim... it's infuriating. Meanwhile my teammate Alonzo Gee is shooting 70% from 3... 60 games into the season. I am uninstalling for good I think.

I know this is a PS4 thread but even in the PC version the game would straight up crash after completion of the first season of MyPlayer

lol 2k

I think I will sign that petition

BadAss2961

The bugs in this game.
1.Can't adjust contracts with MYGM
2. Can't advance in the playoffs cuz I'm waiting on a series to finish!

I mean really? Did they test this shit at all?

lol.

I just started the playoffs. Hope it doesn't happen to me.
Just swept the first round and now it happened to me. So yeah, playoffs are fucked. Searched around and it's a known problem.

In the previous editions you could sim each series game by game from the playoff tree screen, but not in this one. This is something they overlooked. Gonna have to wait for a patch now. lol 2K.

Every time I think about jumping into my Career I think about this thread and then choose to do better things with my time lol

lil smoke

Banned
I'm so mad about this game right now. The server issues are horrible... and the actual game play seems to be just completely random crap for me now. Did they patch in like a huge amount of randomness on everything? Now that I got my mycareer player to 90 3pt and 90 consistency, I miss 50% or more of my wide open "good shot selection" excellent release 3s, like off the front of the rim... it's infuriating. Meanwhile my teammate Alonzo Gee is shooting 70% from 3... 60 games into the season. I am uninstalling for good I think.

Classic. They have always done this. The 'enhancements' usually come with an increased difficulty factor.

As a matter of fact, Anything that this game franchise tries to pass as advantage to you, usually comes with some way to slow you down or hinder your player. The magic tricks that this game use are nothing short of astonishing. They must spend so much development time and money on trying to implement ways to prevent the user from breaking their shit AI, so as soon as you get your 100% consistency, dude suddenly can't hit the side of a barn.

I love how a dud will set a screen, I will run all the way to the next county to avoid it, but some centrifugal force pulls my ass right back in the arena right next to dude so I can be quicksanded into the floor. Well done guys, how much did that cost ya?

In-game is pretty good (likely better if I cared enough to mess with sliders). Shame about the VC/menu/scripted junk that takes away from it. I've always been a PC MyPlayer/GM long-term player, and while the PS4 in-game is butter, I've mostly avoided those modes so far as the whole menu system and VC stuff confuses me.

Lexxism

Lol what? In order for lockdown defender to be unlocked, I need a 90 def low post or on-ball defense. So no lockdown defense for SF since 85 is the max it can get for either both stat? Smh

Klocker

yea I don't do any of the rpg elements of the game or gm stuff or online mp or anything that requires coins

(just like playing the cpu old school style, don't need all that aggravation)

I just play straight up "seasons" and the game is amazing on court... best bball game I have ever played and I have been playing since before Double Dribble

Lexxism

I just want to ask again. Did anyone here bought any items with plus stats? Did it give any plus stats on your myplayer? It doesn't give any to mine. I used like 15k VC for those :(

Looks like I got scammed by 2k

Yea so I wasn't able to sign players to fill my roster even though I had 16 million in cap space, the AI had to auto-sign a couple horrible players to mygm team =/

How do you mess up contract offers

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Anyone getting the error code 0x8027025a for Xbox One while playing this game? Is this a known issue that's fixable? There seems to be a lot of freezes, crashes, and whatnot with this game so I wanted to make sure this is a game issue and not a hardware one.

EDIT: just realized this was the PS4 OT. Oops. :/

Beat team by 30 points

"It seemed like a game that was getting away from you t points, what do you take away from this win?"

"A narrow escape after many mistakes"

Yeah, Thanks Dorrace.

Finally tried out mycareer........the dialog is not for me at all =/

Finally draft night........yeesh

WTF......Elton Brand is demanding I take care of his luggage and threatened me when I said no

How is the NBA ok with this?

I finally get to play a quarter and score 14 points after Brand left due to an injury....serves him right!

.......2K needs to copy NHL 13's be a pro mode because this is pretty lame

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
My brother got the bug where you can't advance the playoffs. Sweet game breaking bug, 2k. From what I can tell they don't even have a fix for it yet.

Hilti92

Finally tried out mycareer........the dialog is not for me at all =/

Finally draft night........yeesh

WTF......Elton Brand is demanding I take care of his luggage and threatened me when I said no

How is the NBA ok with this?
Yeah, it's brutal. The worst part is that you can't even simulate until you are picked in the draft.

Bravoexo

Worst is when you play against the team of your rookie rival... so scripted. Near any 4minute mark, you'd get a dynamic goal "don't let him score"... and always with one minute left, you'd see him 'superhumanly' move away from you and score....

I raged quit for like 6 straight times, and this ALWAYS happened. If i was benched in the first quarter, this sequence will come in the 2nd quarter, but always near 4minute mark, and that 1 minute, shooting and can't defend thing...

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
So, It's 2018 or so on mygm right now. Lebron decided to take off his headband for good, lol.

Has anyone else had some of their draft picks turn into stars yet? 2 of mine have, might have another eventually. One is a SF that I drafted deep in the 1st round and the other is a point guard that had mostly A's, but he fell to me at 14 because he was 5'9 and no one wanted him.

So, It's 2018 or so on mygm right now. Lebron decided to take off his headband for good, lol.

Has anyone else had some of their draft picks turn into stars yet? 2 of mine have, might have another eventually. One is a SF that I drafted deep in the 1st round and the other is a point guard that had mostly A's, but he fell to me at 14 because he was 5'9 and no one wanted him.

I can't believe you got that far without your PS4 exploding!

Wiggins is a 90 in his 2nd season :p

Real life Raptors have no quit in them

Video game wiggins is the only shot you'll ever have of him in a raptors uniform

Haha I know, I had the 8th pick and the Suns traded the 2nd pick to me so I nabbed him

If I could actually sign free agents I'd have a pretty good team........my bench is ass

Fun fact - Wiggins has dunked on the same net I always failed at scoring on in High School gym class :p

Joco

As if my experience with this game couldn't get any worse, now for some reason when I try to load the game up it will load up the screen with the NBA icons and then it will go black. And it stays black. I've powered off the console multiple times and it still happens, and it isn't the PS4 itself because I can play Battlefield 4 and Killzone Shadowfall with no problems (well, at least not starting those two up that is, BF4 still has issues). I can exit to to the XMB but when I go back to 2K14, that black screen is still there and nothing's happening.

Between the always online needed for multiple game modes, the VC shit and now this, I think I'm going to see what I can get from Gamestop for it because I just don't care anymore. Here I thought this would be the safest option for a solid game to go for at launch, oh how wrong I was. Not going to buy a 2K sports game for a long time after this fiasco.

i'm facing this exact problem right now:

"After completing a playoff series the game will fail to simulate the rest of said round to proceed to the rest of the playoffs, leaving the mode unplayable and user has no other choice but to start over from scratch after buying and using VC to build his team to his liking."

so fucking pissed. I spent all that time playing an entire season and now I can't go past the first round of the playoffs? are you fucking kidding me 2k? And they still haven't fixed it! Nor does it look like the will ever fix it.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
i'm facing this exact problem right now:

"After completing a playoff series the game will fail to simulate the rest of said round to proceed to the rest of the playoffs, leaving the mode unplayable and user has no other choice but to start over from scratch after buying and using VC to build his team to his liking."

so fucking pissed. I spent all that time playing an entire season and now I can't go past the first round of the playoffs? are you fucking kidding me 2k? And they still haven't fixed it! Nor does it look like the will ever fix it.

My brother just had it happen to his 2nd franchise. So bad.

lil smoke

Banned
Yeah, it's brutal. The worst part is that you can't even simulate until you are picked in the draft.

Seriously is there any way to get the name of the person who made this particular decision? Why does he have a job?

Worst is when you play against the team of your rookie rival... so scripted. Near any 4minute mark, you'd get a dynamic goal "don't let him score"... and always with one minute left, you'd see him 'superhumanly' move away from you and score....

I raged quit for like 6 straight times, and this ALWAYS happened. If i was benched in the first quarter, this sequence will come in the 2nd quarter, but always near 4minute mark, and that 1 minute, shooting and can't defend thing...

THESE are the worse setups. I'm averaging about 60% FGP, when I play against him it goes down to 30%. Also my coach takes me out of the game if I get hot, so I am playing half the minutes. I swear the game after I was on my home floor, bowing and praising him following him off the court, I almost threw my new controller.

Sometimes I wonder if the NBA 2k team is like the good ol' boys club. It seems to have the same shitty problems year after year...and it's like they're keeping the same people who make it, while accepting it.

Finally had my first "I wanna break this dam game moment" I put in code for 10000 VC and acquire it. Go into mycareer and the servers crash. go back to title screen and all my VC is gone. it's been like this for 2 days now.

Smokey

Sometimes I wonder if the NBA 2k team is like the good ol' boys club. It seems to have the same shitty problems year after year...and it's like they're keeping the same people who make it, while accepting it.

A ton of it is due to live being trash

They are under no pressure

lil smoke

Banned
Has anyone actually broken their controller over this game yet?

Lets make a pool... collectively save a few bucks aside for the 1st dude to slam their controller. if you're gonna break it, break it good and do it for all of us.

lol that ain't even worth my time and money

I almost never pop in this game and play it now, out of disgust. I realize I can spend so much of my valuable time playing this knowing it may end up with either my file dying, or just realizing that I'm putting so many hours into a product that is shit. I'm thinking of jumping on the selling bandwagon the moment I see a good deal

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
By far the sickest dunk I've thrown down yet.

iRKJ8WgUpWeq1.gif

I've had it with this bullshit. The game won't start without any reason about 50% of the time. The playoff issue is just ridiculous and the VC money grab is disgusting.
I will try to get a refund from Sony. I will keep you updated if I'm succesful...

edit: Refund request set up, fuck you 2K Sports.

Etaber

Man I'm in such a love hate relationship with this game. I play myCareer exclusively and I love the sorta RPG elements and the actual gameplay and even the cheesy interludes but fuck the rubberband AI, and the server problems, but mostly the AI.

For me it seems like some games there is a switch flipped and I spend the entire game oscillating between being 0 to 10 points down. Doesn't matter who the other team is. I get close to catching up and then the shields go up and even the easiest layup becomes impossible while the AI team is landing 3s from half court. If the switch is the other way then I usually win with maybe a close call or two.

I would love to know from the developers how much the game is actually dialing down my team's "luck" and how much is me psyching myself out. This game is going to put me into therapy.

Top Bottom