• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

Kai

Anyone having or noticed the playbook issue? Changing the playbook for a team doesn't seem to do anything. I can't select the plays from it in game.

DJ88

I just deleted the entire install, re-installed from disc - and it's performing exactly like it was last night (smooth).

There were some minor hitches during the Spurs/Heat install sequence, but after that the second game I fired up (Heat/Bulls) was perfectly smooth. There were no minor pauses during the game at all.

This was pretty much exactly the out of the box experience I had last night which was quite good offline.

Since a new install unpatched doesn't allow for network functions, I can only assume either the patch broke something or the 2k servers not working is causing an issue.

It's either something with the patch, or something with attempting to contact the 2k online service in the background(?)

It's starting to look like it's due to the servers. People on OS are reporting the same thing. Last night it ran smooth even with the patch, today it's running like shit with the servers down. I hope that's the issue cause I don't want to have to re download the whole thing again, but at the same time that's a really awful bug, makes the game unplayable. Hopefully they get a patch to fix it.

golem

The worst thing about 2k14 is how all the bad models and faces stand out compared to the ones they took their time with.

I have downloaded like 5 different draft classes before starting MyGM Mode, but when I go to prospect scouting, its still just the same old auto generated rookie scrubs....

Any draft rosyers will REAL Projected rookies? Wiggins and Randal and so on?

Dubz

Digitally bought this...bad mistake. Thing is going to take at least 12 hours to install? Will it install if I'm playing other games?

Kai

Anyone here try the playbook issue I'm having? Try to select a new playbook and attempt to call plays in game. I just seem to keep getting the same plays available for each player - no matter if I change the team playbook or not. Super frustrating.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So even with this thread I'm still confused about rosters. If I want to play a quick game with newest, I guess I have to download the new one every time? There's no way to just save it? And why is Gortat still on the Suns?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How do I get better at this game.

I am terrible and I feel like there is so much going on.

It's really confusing.

Game looks great though.

if it's like any other 2k basketball game ever, you should figure out how to change to the 1-3-1 zone and control the PF, play the passing lanes. turns you into a godmode team defensively no matter who you are. the man defense is never really that good, i have no idea how it is in next gen though, i'm interested in people saying if it's changed for the better?

Hold L1 to double team

Press left on the Dpad to change your defensive schemes. Press left on offense sets up your offensive strategy.

To Call a play press L1. You should see icons above the players heads. Press the button for whomever. It will then open up a sub menu where you can call a play for that player.

OK, yeah thanks, figured out the play calling, kept holding L1 instead of just pressing it. Defense on man to man is kinda horrible in this game, I'm getting KILLED on it which is kinda shame because that is the Heat's game. I'll try the 1-3-1 zone and see if it works better, because I am getting eaten in the paint, and when I am on offense it always feels like the key is packed. Probably just need to get used to it. I am almost winning games on Rookie now, but I suddenly lose in the 4th. I wish they had mentioned the defensive schemes in the tutorial though.

NoTacos

so someone clear something up for me:

1) No path to greatness mode?

and

2) No custom a.k.a extremely limited my player model?

also having trouble finding where to enter season mode :/ its all so simple and the menu is extremely minimalistic.

OK, yeah thanks, figured out the play calling, kept holding L1 instead of just pressing it. Defense on man to man is kinda horrible in this game, I'm getting KILLED on it which is kinda shame because that is the Heat's game. I'll try the 1-3-1 zone and see if it works better, because I am getting eaten in the paint, and when I am on offense it always feels like the key is packed. Probably just need to get used to it. I am almost winning games on Rookie now, but I suddenly lose in the 4th. I wish they had mentioned the defensive schemes in the tutorial though.
The 2-3 zone is made to protect the paint if ur getting rocked there but just try 1-3-1 first, roam arpund with the pf, in any 2k bbal game its so effective its almost unfair only real weak spot is corner 3s but youll get so many pass deflections it wont matter

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

It's really confusing.

Game looks great though.

I'm pretty bad too. Maybe sometime this weekend we can have a no holds barred Toilet Bowl to find out who sucks worse. Oh, and use 2k view mode.

Broadcast is pretty and all but if you want to actually play the game 2k view is the only way to do it.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Also, how did they botch the menus up so bad. I mean what?

Is there any way to get into the 2k menu without going into nba today?

Is there no season mode?

Menus make me feel like this
j8QvDqu.jpg

It's really confusing.

Game looks great though.

Watch basketball. Seriously. Watch how the plays flow, learn how to set picks or call for picks, learn how to call plays, etc. If you just charge into the lane and throw up a shot your going to miss 75% of the time.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
The AI sucks. You post up at the 3 point line then turbo to the paint and its a layup like 9/10 times.

This has been an issue for years now. The post up state contains a wealth of exit movies that allow you accelerate towards the basket real quickly. It straight up murders human opponents. That's why I don't play on ball D a lot against anybody who knows what they are doing.

Kai

Play calling is still broken for me. Every time it's the same set of plays for every player - no matter if I switch the playbook in the options screen. Anyone else having this issue???

Zep

Banned
Play calling is still broken for me. Every time it's the same set of plays for every player - no matter if I switch the playbook in the options screen. Anyone else having this issue???

Yup. I've made them aware of the issue.

Kai

The playbook/playcalling thing is ruining this game for me. Someone please help me or let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Pressing L1 to bring up the plays in game per position (pg, sg, sf, etc..) is supposed to bring up plays based on your teams playbook. Right now - every play is the same. I have switched the playbook for my team (96 bulls playbook) but when I press L1 in game it's still the same plays (not the ones from the playbook).

I tried it with a normal team like the lakers - and they have the same plays too (not using the playbook for their team).

Is anyone else having this issue? Someone surely has to call plays in this game. Please help!

Kai

Yup. I've made them aware of the issue.

Thank you! I thought I was going crazy like the only one who noticed haha.

Not being able to call plays (from your teams playbook) makes this unplayable for me. Hope they fix it soon.

rinse82

Haven't had the Online Menu at all through 2 days, stuck at that damn terms/conditions screen for MyPLAYER and can't connect to the servers.

WTF 2K

Smokey

Haven't had the Online Menu at all through 2 days, stuck at that damn terms/conditions screen for MyPLAYER and can't connect to the servers.

WTF 2K

Still having issues?

I just finished broadcasting about a 2hr session of me playing SP and online

rinse82

Still having issues?

I just finished broadcasting about a 2hr session of me playing SP and online

Ya dude - I haven't been able to play online at all since I first got the game. It seems like it's affecting some people the same way for no rhyme or reason.

newsguy

Ya dude - I haven't been able to play online at all since I first got the game. It seems like it's affecting some people the same way for no rhyme or reason.

There's a lame fix for this. Create another psn account. Apparently there is some issue with psn accounts that were imported from the PS3. A new account should show you the nba today options.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Also, how did they botch the menus up so bad. I mean what?

Is there any way to get into the 2k menu without going into nba today?

Is there no season mode?

Menus make me feel like this
j8QvDqu.jpg

Season mode is in MyGM. Start a new one then hit R2 to switch modes.

Ferny

Anyone having an issue with the game just not loading the actual game itself. I go into any mode and click start after team selection and then it just hangs on Loading...

Kai

FYI - if you want to just do a normal season and not all the GM bs - when creating your mygm settings at the beginning you can tab over with the R2 button and it makes it just a normal season without all the GM management.

Top Bottom