• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

FYI - if you want to just do a normal season and not all the GM bs - when creating your mygm settings at the beginning you can tab over with the R2 button and it makes it just a normal season without all the GM management.

Yeah, but it's only one season.

Also something weird is happening. I played a CPU vs. CPU game on Season mode last night and now today it won't work. What's going on? Is it possible that that the patch stripped some features? Would be pretty bad if it did.

Strax

iHG9DKlmhgnG.gif

ron_bato

How do I get better at this game.

I am terrible and I feel like there is so much going on.

It's really confusing.

Game looks great though.

A lot of nba 2k is muscle memory and then understanding the game after. It's difficult at first, you need to learn combinations of moves that you can pull off to break down your defender well and create opportunities for yourself and your teammates. It's an extremely deep game, and it takes a lot of time to get better. I suggest going to training camp to learn the basic moves, then going to freestyle practice to chain those moves together for certain situations.

Then you have to learn the team aspect of the game. Both on offense and defense. Running plays has a lot of benefits, and using you're going to have to learn how to switch really fast to your teammates for some help defense when you get beat.

I'd say just give it time, practice, and start off at the easier difficulties first to get the rhythm of the game down and when you start beating the cpu constantly, move the difficulty up.

Nightz

There's a lame fix for this. Create another psn account. Apparently there is some issue with psn accounts that were imported from the PS3. A new account should show you the nba today options.

If you create a new account and get it working, can you go back to your original account and get online?

Mik317

Yeah, but it's only one season.

Also something weird is happening. I played a CPU vs. CPU game on Season mode last night and now today it won't work. What's going on? Is it possible that that the patch stripped some features? Would be pretty bad if it did.

It seemingly did.

There was a way to edit your own roster and not have to download it everytime you want to use it before the patch (it also shows up when the servers are down). Defensive options are also now gone. As well as some editing options.

It's like 2k is trying to fuck up the game at this point.

It seemingly did.

There was a way to edit your own roster and not have to download it everytime you want to use it before the patch (it also shows up when the servers are down). Defensive options are also now gone. As well as some editing options.

It's like 2k is trying to fuck up the game at this point.

Why the hell would they take out features after a patch? Makes no sense to me. Terrible, I play CPU vs CPU in the background a lot, might just trade it in.

Megatron

Glad to hear this game is so awesome. I've decided to wait for 2K15 to be my big next gen NBA debut. They'll have had a whole year to get used to the next gen architecture, plus we'll have that great rookie class playable.

Spacebar

I love this game. I just dropped 69 points with Melo in an OT win over the Nets. Lots of fun once you start learning the plays and getting better with the controls.

Ilive1up

yo. how the hell do you play this game online? i can't find an option at all.

this menu system is fucking weird.

and is there a season mode or something? or just mycareer? how could they strip out such a thing?

Kai

I love this game. I just dropped 69 points with Melo in an OT win over the Nets. Lots of fun once you start learning the plays and getting better with the controls.

How are you learning plays? Don't you have the bug where you can only select the default plays and not from a specific team playbook?

dengatron

do the mycareer mode games your rookie season just make your player incredibly shitty or something? shots i make on the practice court or with other players brick constantly. it's frustrating that the only way i can score with my guy is a completely open lane and even then he misses half of his layups

Canadian here: We need NHL 2k14.

Word.

The EA NHL games are better

Meh. We'll never know w/o competition. But NHL 2Kn was pretty damn good. It started to slide a bit at the end because they weren't making any money on it after EA revamped their game and took over much of the market such that they pulled the game.

I'd love to have it back though. Too much passing around the blue line with EA trying to create an opportunity instead of skating and checking.

Zep

Banned
yo. how the hell do you play this game online? i can't find an option at all.

this menu system is fucking weird.

and is there a season mode or something? or just mycareer? how could they strip out such a thing?

Select MyGM then hit R1/L1 to scroll over to season mode.

anddo0

NBA Today. Hit Circle. R2 to the mode.

The problem is a lot people don't have "NBA Today". It's just not there. I manged to get it to show up by adding my nephews PSN to my PS4, and booting the game from his profile. However, when I booted the game with my PSN ID "NBA Today" was gone once again.

If you're booting the game for the first time and it doesn't ask you for your age, you're SOL.. The next telling issue is after accepting the user agreement, the game informs you that the 2K servers are down (which they're not).

Hilti92

This game isn't upgradable from PS3 to PS4 correct? I bought PS3 version with the intention of not getting a PS4 and now look..

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Is there an OT for this? Couldn't find it. Have a question for the experts. My friends and I are just trying to have fun competitive game vs. CPU co-op. But we are getting murdered even on Pro. We're always competitive early but the CPU gets a MILLION offensive boards and then in the 3rd quarter usually our team just starts missing every wide open shot and the CPU makes everything. Is there anything we can do? Should we do Plays? Change strategy or whatever? Basically we are using everything default for the most part.

I got this game haven't really played much yet. Do you need to understand the game of basketball to get this? Like the fundamentals of which play should be done when

Pachimari

Have there been reported any differences between the PS4 and Xbox One versions? Other than the Xbox one version using the rumble triggers.

Both are 1080p/60fps right?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I just won my first online game with a buzzer beater fade away with D.Rose.

I feel like GOD!

Does anyone know how to get to customize your myplayer in Mycareer mode? For some reason when I first started, it allowed me to add some arm sleeves and shoes to my character, all of a sudden the option to that is nowhere to be found.. Wtf?

Does anyone know how to get to customize your myplayer in Mycareer mode? For some reason when I first started, it allowed me to add some arm sleeves and shoes to my character, all of a sudden the option to that is nowhere to be found.. Wtf?

Might be an online issue. If you can access your 2K nav, it should be up there. Just make sure you're online. This game is all screwed up lol.

FYI - if you want to just do a normal season and not all the GM bs - when creating your mygm settings at the beginning you can tab over with the R2 button and it makes it just a normal season without all the GM management.

Ah, might restart my season that way then. I mean I can't replace the Don.

Finally won my first game in that mode though. Jesus this game is brutal.

Quick question. I am having trouble in transition, mainly after steals and the like it seems like the defense on the other team is always mucking me up even in 2 on 1 situations or the like. When it goes the other way I can have 2 defenders in the key waiting but it's like they don't exist. Am I doing something wrong?

So, this is my first 2k basketball game...and I simply don't get it. I suck so bad. I have it on rookie or whatever the lowest skill level is, and I was losing 38-13 at halftime before quitting. I can't drive the lane, they block me. I can't pass it down low very often, it either gets knocked away or stolen, or if I do get a shot off I miss it 75% of the time. All I can really do is pass it around the perimeter and occasionally make a 3-pointer. This is on the EASIEST skill level.

I bought it because of the graphics, I'll be honest, but I do like sports games. I get The Show every year and occasionally get Madden.

I'd happily trade this straight-up for Fifa if I could find someone. :(

DukeSucks

My biggest problem is I'll be driving an open lane, and go to shoot/dunk/layup, and my guy passes it back out almost every time. Still working my way through the tutorials, playing some quick games in between, so maybe I'll figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Also, during setup, when I selected Bobcats as my favorite team, I half expected a popup that said "lol"

newsguy

My biggest problem is I'll be driving an open lane, and go to shoot/dunk/layup, and my guy passes it back out almost every time.

Are you using LT+right stick to dunk/layup? I did that alot because that's the old way of doing it. Now that's the new assist pass feature. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around it. I like the old way much better.

StoopKid

My biggest problem is I'll be driving an open lane, and go to shoot/dunk/layup, and my guy passes it back out almost every time. Still working my way through the tutorials, playing some quick games in between, so maybe I'll figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Also, during setup, when I selected Bobcats as my favorite team, I half expected a popup that said "lol"

I think your hitting L2.

Fixed1979

So just playing some My Carrier made a pass to my PG who happened to step over the half court line for a back court violation. I called him a "Fucking idiot" and got assesed a technical foul for expletive language. It was confusion followed by laughter,...watch the language guys!

Top Bottom