• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

So the 2k servers are down and no one has played online correct?

Dude, I'm having the same problem. The servers ARE up but I can't enable the online stuff. Whenever I try to register in the beginning of the game, it tells me the servers are down. I heard it might be something with your psn account or something.

We're basically not even playing the full game. So pissed.

LuchaShaq

Banned
People actually play with the Broadcast camera? I can't even grasp that.

Same here.

Anything that isn't 2k cam 4/6 is fucking trash.

Loving the game so far.

My player cutscenes? Oh god so bad that they are great.

My player is way harder as a big man this year. Last year I could get A+ whenever I wanted just from picks. Now my picks actually have to be halfway decent to even be noticed at all.

newsguy

Dude, I'm having the same problem. The servers ARE up but I can't enable the online stuff. Whenever I try to register in the beginning of the game, it tells me the servers are down. I heard it might be something with your psn account or something.

Ok thanks for confirming. I have been asking this like crazy and you're the first person saying they are experiencing the same thing. I'm hoping it's widespread and not isolated because trying to get it fixed individually thru 2k or PSN would be a massive pain in the ass.

Ok thanks for confirming. I have been asking this like crazy and you're the first person saying they are experiencing the same thing. I'm hoping it's widespread and not isolated because trying to get it fixed individually thru 2k or PSN would be a massive pain in the ass.

Yup. I couldn't find any info on it either. I did find this thread though, maybe you can check it out and see if you find something.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-next-gen/681829-online-menu-3.html

Maybe I'm missing something but I can't figure out how to trade for players in the MyGM mode.

Edit:

And now I can't do anything except for quick matches because of the 2K servers.

PBY

Banned
I suck so bad. .
NHL is my speed can't seem to get the hang of this. Getting smoooooked online. Tips?

Juice

So I haven't played a basketball game since Courtside on GameCube.

So...

How do I play defense? I got an F during the my career rookie game. Any basic tutorials on the controls?

EekTheKat

Not sure what's going on, but played a couple games on PS4 this morning and the game is studdering badly today. last night it was perfectly smooth playing offline with a friend.

The only thing I can think of is that last night the game couldn't connect to the 2k server at all, and once it's able to connect the 2k servers it's doing something in the background?

bill0527

So I haven't played a basketball game since Courtside on GameCube.

So...

How do I play defense? I got an F during the my career rookie game. Any basic tutorials on the controls?

Play the tutorial. There's a whole section on playing defense.

LuchaShaq

Banned

Dude the system has been out for a day, calm down the servers are going to be cocked until Monday.

newsguy

Dude the system has been out for a day, calm down the servers are going to be cocked until Monday.

Yeah that's all fine and good but I'm able to get on nfs and play online with no problem. Other people are able to access 2k online. What we're talking about is some kind of problem with my player recognizing existing psn accounts.

Sevarro

Neo Member
What should I do to learn how to play this? I got the basic idea from the manual and playing a bit, but I could really use a tutorial.

I can 100% confirm that. I said this earlier but I was watching a stream and I saw multiple times it say at the top right of people's games "voice command not recognized." So I guess it has it but no one really used it yet, or at least any gameplay I saw.

I did see one stream where someone was playing the game and he cursed. The game then gave him an "inappropriate language" foul.
That's hilarious . . . you get a technical foul for swearing.

Now if they track all the stats, parents can see if little Johnny has a case of potty mouth when they are not around.
KuGsj.gif

LuchaShaq

Banned
Yeah that's all fine and good but I'm able to get on nfs and play online with no problem. Other people are able to access 2k online. What we're talking about is some kind of problem with my player recognizing existing psn accounts.

Maybe it's best you wait a week before buying launch games/systems from now on?

I don't like it but I can't remember the last major online game that I've played launch week that hasn't had issues.

What should I do to learn how to play this? I got the basic idea from the manual and playing a bit, but I could really use a tutorial.

What are you having trouble with? There are plenty of good tutorials on youtube. I would recommend just playing on lower difficulty and working your way up. If you're not very familiar with basketball, learning more about the strategy of the game will obviously help.

I lost to someone online leading by 13 points the whole game only for him to come back at the last min and take the lead with like 20 seconds left. Missed 4 wide open threes with martin love and budinger at the end... It hurts.

PBY

Banned
The AI sucks. You post up at the 3 point line then turbo to the paint and its a layup like 9/10 times.

I can't be the only one excited to see what next-gen WWE 2K15 will be like with this studio/engine at the helm can I?

I wasn't even considering getting NBA 2K14 (despite liking the series and also basketball) but man, I may have changed my mind.

Does anyone know if 2K has a skunkworks group working on a new engine for WWE? WWE really does need a reboot, people are tired of that Yukes engine.

duxstar

Not sure what's going on, but played a couple games on PS4 this morning and the game is studdering badly today. last night it was perfectly smooth playing offline with a friend.

The only thing I can think of is that last night the game couldn't connect to the 2k server at all, and once it's able to connect the 2k servers it's doing something in the background?

Came to post the same thing.... going for a rebound and whole game freezes for a second and resumes

GTA Online all over again? A great game but the online portion struggles due to heavy load and not enough refinement optimization on the online portion.

U2NUMB

That's hilarious . . . you get a technical foul for swearing.

Now if they track all the stats, parents can see if little Johnny has a case of potty mouth when they are not around.
KuGsj.gif

fyi this happened the last 2 years with the Kinect. When it happened the first time to me it was a mind blowing experience as I had no idea it was in the game.

Mik317

So is the network code still utter shit??

Can't say about playing online but yeah. The worst part is that with the servers down a lot of features are dead too...even basic shit like using your rosters (which was fucked up in the first place).

This game is really strange in that the game stuff is amazing outside of some weird stuff that comes with the genre. But 2k fucked up a lot of stuff by messing up basic shit. How does one fuck up the roster editing process? They are truly lucky EA is so bad because they won't be punished for these moves and some people will eat it up. To be fair tho they do have the first game of a new gen excuse but still a lot of these moves don't seem like new gen issues but rather just dumb decisions. CAP being gone I get. But not being able to edit and use your own rosters without uploading and download it every time, is just wtf are you doing?

DJ88

Ok so what the fuck happened to my game! I downloaded it off the PSN store yesterday, got to the playable Spurs vs Heat game while the rest installed, everything played fine. Now I wake up and start the fully installed game and it constantly freezes/hitches! In the menus and in games every minute or so the game will freeze for a good second or two multiple times, sometimes even the audio stops along with it. Is this what I can expect from digital downloads? I'm going to have to delete this, wait all day for it to install, and pray it doesn't happen again aren't I.

Anyone else with this problem? Anyone else have the digital copy without any problems?

duxstar

Ok so what the fuck happened to my game! I downloaded it off the PSN store yesterday, got to the playable Spurs vs Heat game while the rest installed, everything played fine. Now I wake up and start the fully installed game and it constantly freezes/hitches! In the menus and in games every minute or so the game will freeze for a good second or two multiple times, sometimes even the audio stops along with it. Is this what I can expect from digital downloads? I'm going to have to delete this, wait all day for it to install, and pray it doesn't happen again aren't I.

Anyone else with this problem? Anyone else have the digital copy without any problems?

Your the third person this happened to, and it has nothing to do with the full install being the problem, cause I waited for it to install, then played last night and it was fine.

Kai

Game is stuttering and hitching (wasn't last night) and I can't play my GM either because 2K servers are down?

Also anyone have a solution for this: I select the 96 Bulls to play - and the playbook is some random one whenever I use L1. So I verify the playbook is the 96 playbook in options and even change them around - no dice. The L1 options for each player doesn't change. Help!!

Smokey

Nba today, press circle and it will open up online menu.

Servers are down though. A regular 2k occurance

For new players -- Go to NBA Today, press circle, and it opens up an overlay with online modes, practice, Training camp etc. I would suggest going to the training camp and doing all of the drills. This will help you get familiar with the controls. They can be pretty complex.

Okay so third time: How do you play this game online on the PS4? I don't see one option for online.

DJ88

Your the third person this happened to, and it has nothing to do with the full install being the problem, cause I waited for it to install, then played last night and it was fine.

Anyone find a solution?

Game is stuttering and hitching (wasn't last night) and I can't play my GM either because 2K servers are down?

The full game wasn't stuttering last night? Or the Spurs Heat game you play while it installs wasn't?

Is this happening now because of the servers and it might be fine later?

Or do I need to delete and reinstall the whole thing.

Stronty

I will never forgive EA Sports.

If you can't compete just buy the stadium to keep out the competition. The EA way to dominate.

Does 2K make non sports games? Didnt they make One on PS1, the game with a rage meter and you are allways running and shooting?

EekTheKat

Also anyone have a solution for this: I select the 96 Bulls to play - and the playbook is some random one whenever I use L1. So I verify the playbook is the 96 playbook in options and even change them around - no dice. The L1 options for each player doesn't change. Help!!

I just deleted the entire install, re-installed from disc - and it's performing exactly like it was last night (smooth).

There were some minor hitches during the Spurs/Heat install sequence, but after that the second game I fired up (Heat/Bulls) was perfectly smooth. There were no minor pauses during the game at all.

This was pretty much exactly the out of the box experience I had last night which was quite good offline.

Since a new install unpatched doesn't allow for network functions, I can only assume either the patch broke something or the 2k servers not working is causing an issue.

It's either something with the patch, or something with attempting to contact the 2k online service in the background(?)

Top Bottom