• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

Yeah it's a shame, no base season mode is probably the worst.

Ok, I believe if you go to MY GM, and load that up, you will get to the screen to set up your MYGM game mode (length of games, length of simulated games, etc.)

If you look at the bottom of the screen, you can hit R1 or R2 to switch to a different game mode. Isn't that the Season Mode you are looking for? I am not by my PS4 so I couldn't tell you for sure.

mylasthope

Neo Member
I really wanted to like this game, but I'm going to have to sell it. I hate how difficult it is to update rosters. Cant believe the official roster doesn't even have the Gortat trade. When I do get a new roster, I'm not even sure if it's used when making a new MyCareer player. =/ I can't figure out how to skip through cutscenes in MyCareer. Sorta weird to have my player talk, but to only have subs for my teammates too. Probably going to pick the game back up when it's really cheap.

Edit: Also, load times are insane! I thought the PS4 would remove all those horrible load times, especially since the game is installed the HDD. 2k12 was pretty much load-free on my outdated laptop =/

Bebpo

Banned
Got this today. Haven't played a NBA2K game since 2007? With X360 launch. Looks really nice compared to that, but yeah, load times and interface is terrible and I'm not even sure how half the modes work. Like I did a Pavement 1 on 1 game and there's no timer so does the game go on forever? Or does it go to a certain score? And what's with having to "buy" players? That's...wow.

Anybody having issues with the sound ? Once in a while with Dolby Digital it just keeps cutting out non stop.

Yep, got that too. With Dolby and DTS. Really annoying. Only happened the first game when it was installing so fingers crossed it doesn't keep happening.

I'm using optical out for audio if that makes a difference.

Awntawn

Does this game have some sort of system where if some player has an amazing game IRL their stats get boosted in the roster for the day or something? Yesterday Jordan Hill has a career game and he today gives me 21/17 in 2k14. All I had to do was go up with it after he grabbed all the O boards XD

newsguy

Yep, got that too. With Dolby and DTS. Really annoying. Only happened the first game when it was installing so fingers crossed it doesn't keep happening.

I'm using optical out for audio if that makes a difference.

The only fix for this currently is selecting HDMI as your primary audio and it will swap your optical to pro logic and stop the weird stuttering. Also, I finally switched my control settings to the 2K13 style of iso/shot stick and now I'm kicking ass.

Amory

Has anyone else had the game crash when you try to access MyCareer mode? I've tried to get in 3 times now and it's crashed each time. System becomes completely unresponsive.

Hoping I didn't lose my save...

Bebpo

Banned
The only fix for this currently is selecting HDMI as your primary audio and it will swap your optical to pro logic and stop the weird stuttering. Also, I finally switched my control settings to the 2K13 style of iso/shot stick and now I'm kicking ass.

Hmmmm, that sucks. Wonder how they screwed that up.

/needs to buy an HDMI receiver one of these days already. Got a reaaaally good deal on a refurbished Harmon Karden top of the line receiver 6-7 years ago before HDMI receivers and been hesitant to replace it with a cheaper HDMI receiver.

weevles

Does the game use the mic?

My coworker claims he was playing single player and when the AI blocked his shot, he shouted an expletive out loud and got called for a technical for bad language lol.

For a new player, not easy at all to be honest. The controls are a beast. But if you stick with it you'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Damn. Is there a way to set the sliders (I sort of remember them from my short time with 2K12) so it's fairly easy? Is there a setup guide or "EASY" difficulty? I don't want to get smoked each time I play the CPU!

My coworker claims he was playing single player and when the AI blocked his shot, he shouted an expletive out loud and got called for a technical for bad language lol.

This happened to me too. At first I was confused, then surprised, then I laughed out loud.

It had the intended effect too, I stayed quiet about the calls for the rest of the game. Damn Zebras...

bumpkin

That's pretty comical if true. My co-worker has the game, I asked him to verify tonight.

Not being able to swear at my game without repercussions? Next-gen gone P.C., confirmed. lol.

It is true.

2K14 supports voice commands and also listens for bad language on PS4, similar to the Kinect integration they've had on 360 since 2K12

I just picked this up..So reading through the last couple of pages has me worried. Should I take it back and get something different? Is it really screwed up?

To keep or not to keep that is the question.

Amory

I just picked this up..So reading through the last couple of pages has me worried. Should I take it back and get something different? Is it really screwed up?

To keep or not to keep that is the question.

Well, my Career mode is officially F'd, but after searching it doesn't seem like a widespread problem.

Game is great when it works!

CSX

Sorry to ask this again but can you play multiple teams/players in MyGM like in the original Association Mode or is it strictly one player?

Is anyone else having a VC issue? I bought $2 worth of vc for my character just for speed and it doesn't show it. It still shows my old balance from my last game which I'd about 455 points.

gazele

Banned
So I'm having a weird issue, during MyCareer, when I tried to load it up today it would sit on a loading screen for a cutscene (in the tunnel before the game) and keep loading until the disc drive stops, anyone else run into this issue?

WTF, I just popped this in and it is d/l the update. Why in fuck is it saying its going to take 55 hours to finish? I started it and stopped it a few times and still slow as balls. This is with a wired 25 Mbps signal. This is pathetic.

Edit: I'm literally watching it go backwards. It was at 1770 KB and it went back down to 1233 KB. This is infuriating.

Edit: It just did it again. 1700 KB and back down yo 590 KB.

Damn, MyPlayer score F and no VC points at all in the Elites vs Stars game. I am absolutely terrible, I hope I can raise sliders in the actual game to make it easier and fun for me.

Zep

Banned
Is there a way to edit rosters in this game? Like edit player rankings? Or even make trades? I can't find it anywhere.

Its a clusterfuck but quickgame>hit circle>roster creator>create roster

You'll be able to edit from there.

ryanmac

Banned
The only thing I really use the NBA games for is myplayer with the odd exhibition match thrown in. I am really enjoying it so far.

Derrick01

Banned
What was all this talk about the game taking forever to install? It took like 2-3 minutes for me. I hadn't started the game yet though, was just sitting on the main UI page.

The Goat

Just had a weird bug, while playing with my gf. I blocked a shot, and knocked it out of bounds. After the camera cut back, the ref was standing at baseline, but her player, that was supposed to inbound the ball, was out running around on the court. Had to call a timeout, and that fixed it.

She beat me by 21 points, btw. Fuck.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Just had the best game.

Won with a last second 3 pointer in second OT.

Hit the share button to upload that last bit of gameplay. It only saved :44 of footage, it says. And it is of the logos during the loading screen?

Sigh....

Is it possible to create a bunch of MyCareer players and draft them all onto a team? Like if I wanted 5 starters of my 'friends'? I remember doing this in the PS2 days (not sure which game it was on).

What was all this talk about the game taking forever to install? It took like 2-3 minutes for me. I hadn't started the game yet though, was just sitting on the main UI page.

Mine took forever. You will only have "quick game" in your menu and a percentage that is constantly running in the lower left section. If it took only 3 minutes you have the fastest PS4 on the planet, keep it safe.

EDIT: Where are the player tutorials located? I just played my first minutes in MyCareer but want to practice stuff.

So I was playing last night and for the life of me could not figure out how to download the updated roster. The only options I had were quick game, MyCareer, MyGM and Features, I couldn't even see where I could play an online game to force it to download the rosters.

Is it supposed to auto-update or am I just missing how to do it?

Derrick01

Banned
Mine took forever. You will only have "quick game" in your menu and a percentage that is constantly running in the lower left section. If it took only 3 minutes you have the fastest PS4 on the planet, keep it safe.

From what I've been able to gather it seems like if you go into the game and play while it's installing it slows the process down dramatically. If you just let the game auto install on the dashboard after putting the disc in that's when it takes a couple of minutes. For me it took only 30 seconds to a minute longer to install than my other 5 games, I'm guessing because this is 50gb.

Top Bottom