• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

So I remember giving my player knee brace and a sleeve but I do not see it in MyCareer mode when I play, even had a sweet pair of old Jordans. I had to since restart MyCareer (VC points were not showing up) but now I cannot remember that menu and I didn't notice my first player with that stuff.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Anyway to check your online stats?

I've been wondering myself too. I'm pretty sure I'm 4-0 but I'd really like to find out somehow.

Also every game I end up playing online turns into Indiana Pacers fuckball in a matter of minutes.

I've been wondering myself too. I'm pretty sure I'm 4-0 but I'd really like to find out somehow.

Also every game I end up playing online turns into Indiana Pacers fuckball in a matter of minutes.

Pretty sure I'm 7-0 but no way to tell if people quitting is counting as a win.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
All of a sudden myGM is loading slow and it freezes when I try to start a game or even bring up the menu. Shiiit.

Tangeroo

All of a sudden myGM is loading slow and it freezes when I try to start a game or even bring up the menu. Shiiit.

I came here to post the exact same thing. Was the game "patched" recently or something or does it have something to do with the 2K servers?

Haven't played a basketball game since Live 99 or something.

Same! Last time I played a basketball game, I think Glen Rice was on the cover. They've come quite a long way since then.

Having never gotten into an NBA game before, I started up MyCareer and could never have anticipated how addictive that mode is. Somehow crafted an even uglier version of myself than real life and got picked 26th by the TWolves. This game is HARD. The objectives the coaches give you are a cool bit of motivation, but it really wants to reward you for taking over the game, which doesn't seem like the smart thing to do when I could just ship it to Kevin Love in the post. Also, the things Rick Adelman expects of me are sometimes outrageous. He put me in for the entire 4th quarter against the Spurs, in which I scored 11 points with 2 assists, 2 rebounds and a steal, easily my best performance yet, and then called me into his office afterward because I, the troll-faced Jason Kidd looking motherfucker in his 9th game ever, couldn't lead the team back from 12 down to win it. The commentators even said that I was making my claim for more minutes, and then the coach thinks he should take them away. What in the fuck.

Do you guys who have years of experience with these games have a Street Fighter level of dexterity with it? I've finished the training camp stuff, but when it comes time to drive, I usually end up just wiggling the right stick a couple times and then shooting. There's just too much to process. I've also attempted like 5 spin jumpers and have had 4 of them blocked. Clearly, I know how that's supposed to work.

In summary, MyCareer is awesome. I'm from Phoenix, but the story mode has me almost ready to adopt the Timberwolves as a secondary team.

megalowho

I've mentioned this in a few threads, but I absolutely loathe the virtual coin system in this game. I feel like my progression is stymied at every turn, I don't feel like I'm earning enough in game and having essential GM skills locked away from the get go takes a lot of fun out of that mode. Forget the MyTeam stuff, not even touching that lottery nonsense. Of course the option to buy with real money is ever present in every menu, thanks for making sure I don't forget 2K.

The core gameplay is a good time, I'm continually impressed by the new visuals despite minor imperfections, but I really don't like the change in philosophy regarding in game currency and pay to win game design. It feels gross, and as far as I'm concerned it directly affects my experience even though I want to ignore it.

Carbonox

Watching all the footage and videos makes me want this game so bad. Only downside is.....I haven't touched a basketball game in forever and while I have the most basic of knowledge for the sport, I feel like I might drown at the deep end with this.

Xater

Watching all the footage and videos makes me want this game so bad. Only downside is.....I haven't touched a basketball game in forever and while I have the most basic of knowledge for the sport, I feel like I might drown at the deep end with this.

I feel the same. I don't follow the sport but know the rules. I think my last realistic basketball game might have been NBA Courtside on the GameCube.

I've mentioned this in a few threads, but I absolutely loathe the virtual coin system in this game. I feel like my progression is stymied at every turn, I don't feel like I'm earning enough in game and having essential GM skills locked away from the get go takes a lot of fun out of that mode. Forget the MyTeam stuff, not even touching that lottery nonsense. Of course the option to buy with real money is ever present in every menu, thanks for making sure I don't forget 2K.

The core gameplay is a good time, I'm continually impressed by the new visuals despite minor imperfections, but I really don't like the change in philosophy regarding in game currency and pay to win game design. It feels gross, and as far as I'm concerned it directly affects my experience even though I want to ignore it.

honestly if i knew about this currency crap beforehand i would have never bought the game.

farisr

I'll repost what I said in the other thread, with some stuff removed as that does not directly relate to this game (if you see any strangely placed elipses that is because I cut out a section, you can obviously follow the post to read the original unaltered one)

So today, I finally got a chance to actually play some ps4 games since I didn't have work. Had... 2K14 preordered.

Last time I tried a NBA 2K game (don't even remember what year, possibly 2k8), it just didn't gel with me...
"I remember 2K feeling too hard/not fun."

So next I opened up my copy of 2k14 (didn't hesitate to open because dem graphics). Started playing (keeping the settings to default, not sim) and wow what a shock. Graphics aside the game was actually unexpectedly fun and smooth to play. Played about three quarters of the quick game and yeah definitely knew I was keeping this game, not just as a graphical showpiece, but as a game I'd have fun with.

Unlike the last time I played where something just felt off about the gameplay, kinda like I was fighting the controls to do what I want, here they worked (still haven't figured out all the controls yet, the control screen was pretty damn overwhelming, funnily like in real life, my dribbling skills are just basic right now, but I got pretty good at shots, steals and blocking).

So I remember giving my player knee brace and a sleeve but I do not see it in MyCareer mode when I play, even had a sweet pair of old Jordans. I had to since restart MyCareer (VC points were not showing up) but now I cannot remember that menu and I didn't notice my first player with that stuff.

No one seems to be talking about this but the same thing happened to me. I bought VC points, nothing showed up. I didn't restart but I remember changing his socks to ankle and adding finger tape and some kobes and they were all gone. Idk Wtf is up. I messaged rockstar support but still haven't got back a verdict. I'm pretty pissed.

No one seems to be talking about this but the same thing happened to me. I bought VC points, nothing showed up. I didn't restart but I remember changing his socks to ankle and adding finger tape and some kobes and they were all gone. Idk Wtf is up. I messaged rockstar support but still haven't got back a verdict. I'm pretty pissed.

Yeah, no idea.

I want to know how to make MyCareer the absolute easiest thing to play. Sliders are in different menus, difficulty is at Rookie. I mean ... I've heard it before, but the menu system

FUCKING SUCKS

Seriously. If I met the developers I would ask for the their autograph and then throw my drink in their face.

I used $5 of that free money from the PS4 launch (nothing else to spend it on and nothing really coming down the pipe so figured I'd boost my stats a bit) and the NBA games in MyCareer are just stomping me. Can't make a shot, can't drive in, my Hawks play like shit, WIDE open inside and they'll pass out to a covered 3 point shooter ... it's ridiculous.

Bleh, maybe just a bad night. But I'd almost rather just watch streams of the game than play it. It's getting to be that frustrating.

Yeah, no idea.

I want to know how to make MyCareer the absolute easiest thing to play. Sliders are in different menus, difficulty is at Rookie. I mean ... I've heard it before, but the menu system

FUCKING SUCKS

Seriously. If I met the developers I would ask for the their autograph and then throw my drink in their face.

I used $5 of that free money from the PS4 launch (nothing else to spend it on and nothing really coming down the pipe so figured I'd boost my stats a bit) and the NBA games in MyCareer are just stomping me. Can't make a shot, can't drive in, my Hawks play like shit, WIDE open inside and they'll pass out to a covered 3 point shooter ... it's ridiculous.

Bleh, maybe just a bad night. But I'd almost rather just watch streams of the game than play it. It's getting to be that frustrating.

Ugh! Same here. I'm only that Atlanshita Hawks and what irks me more than not being able to shoot is the coach wanting me to do impossible shit. He wants me to save the game when we are down by 20. Defense is crappy af and the teammates are the worst. They don't even screen for me when I run near them or wait for them to run plays. Squat! Then I get my minutes taken away while being expected to do more than the starters and they don't get no penalty!

This whole Mycareer thing stinks. I still like it but I'm not a fan and now because of the VC points missing, it makes me want to give it away. You barely get VC points for games and they expect you to be Kobe out the gate. It's ridiculous. Even when you do good you barely get points. I spent the same amount of money like you for the VC points from the little 10 bucks Sony gave us but I'm tight and frustrated just as well.

He wants me to save the game when we are down by 20. Defense is crappy af and the teammates are the worst. They don't even screen for me when I run near them or wait for them to run plays.

Are you using the circle button for screens?

And yea the grinding for vc is shit :(. Not being able to skip cut scenes sucks as well.

BadRNG

I like some of the story elements in MyCareer, but how scripted it is can really suck during actual games. There's a game in December where, no matter how much you are dominating in the first half, during second you get benched for the entire 3rd quarter and called out at start of 4th where your team is now down 13-14 points. This is seemingly unavoidable (I reset it several times).

But to make the fact they essentially invalidate whatever happened in half the game worse, the coach gives you the "dynamic" goal of bringing back the win. If you fail he cuts your minutes. Cause putting everything on the rookie after the rest of the team royally screwed up is definitely how a real club is run.

I finally managed to pull back the win, no thanks to my god awful team, but then what happens? The coach calls me into the office and express his disappointment that we lost. Now he's cutting my minutes. Despite the fact we just won. Why? Probably because I failed the second "dynamic" goal that popped up while I was making our comeback, which was score 10 consecutive points. I failed when I made an assist, cause working as a team is another thing real clubs disapprove of.

Sorry for the rant, but it annoys me to no end that I wasted all that time trying to pull off a come-back win when the game just goes and ignores my effort cause of crappy scripted events.

anyone else feel like there's some input lag, especially when shooting with certain players? also I don't know if the defense is wonky in this or I just have to figure it out better, but I'm not liking it atm.

8-0 online. This is the best 2k has done online. Every game has been buttery smooth. Also people online don't know how to beat a zone D.

Z3M0G

Are all the online modes working OK? I hear the 2vs2 rotation mode doesn't work well... is this true? That mode sounds amazing.

foladar

is there no way to skip these stupid story lines in My Player? Having to sit here and watch the planes, cut scenes when I just wanna play..

STA_DMAmul

Neo Member

Yeah, same thing happened to me. I deleted the game, then deleted all my save files and reinstalled and now it works fine. Hopefully they patch this..

U2NUMB

This game is SOOO frustrating. Why did they change so much. I still have no idea what the hell my player is and I have sat on that stupid street court on the GOT NEXT forever and the game always disconnects.

Beyond that.. why can I not just create players and put them on a roster? Why is this something so easily done in previous games yet I can not in this one.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Somebody play me on PS4

edit: NVM I'll just play with my ultra shitty "My Team" the best player I have on that team is Caldwell-Pope. My city is Cleveland, I have Jazz Uniforms and I play on the 76ers home court. I've never played this mode in previous games but what in the fuck?

Spacebar

Shawn Kemp rocking a skirt.

e196GpI.jpg

Ellite25

Is there a way to adjust the number of games in MyGM? Or is there just a season mode somewhere that I can shorten the season?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Can you use the PS4 headset to call plays and speak to the game? Or is it PS Eye only?

Currently playing on a 720p TV. Will the slight aliasing issues on PS4 be resolved when I get my 1080p HDTV?

Yup, almost certainly. I was very disappointed with how it looked on my 720p TV, moved it to my 1080p monitor and noticed a world of difference. I know that its twice the resolution but I thought it might down sample the image or something (stupid thought I know lol). Instead the image is just compressed. As such, with about twice the pixels of 720p AA and IQ are greatly improved.

jtrov

Such a love / hate feeling for me so far with 2K14 NG. As usual with NBA 2K the gameplay and animation are superb and it's made even more impressive with how incredible it looks graphically. However, I can't understand why the patched out certain aspects, like CPU vs CPU in myGM or the removal of being able to edit players. The later is even more mind boggling since they allow you edit your team in myGM, so it's obviously possible. I just hope they arent trying to pull a Madden with their "connected careers" which also lacked (still lacks cpu vs cpu) player editing in it's first edition of it's new mode.

Anyway, while waiting for the first Roster Update I've been messing around with myGM which is really interesting so far. I can see this being a lot more entertaining than their standard association mode; especially once you progress after a few years (if their generated draft classes do what 2k has stated in their myGM blog post). I really love the owner personalities and find some of their demands pretty crazy, but would shock me with how some teams are run in the real NBA. For instance, I started myGM with the Pistons and the owner requested that we lose no more than 29 games, but also wanted me to trade for a top draft pick and still wanted me to play their rookie SG for 24 minutes a game even though the team is stacked at the guard position lol. Pretty much told the owner he was crazy and he asked me why I didnt as much faith in the team as him. As crazy as his demands are, I just find it interesting to see how myGM plays out over time. Can't wait to dive in more seriously once they release an update.

Top Bottom