• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

Vestal

Just played two online games with a buddy. Online feels like 2k11 maybe a bit snappier. Still needs a lot of work though in regards to responsiveness.

Dominator

B3B3573E-36C6-43D3-BDD0-3EEF5AC94298.png_zpsddtuox8e.jpeg

Looks just like me.

Double D

My face scan actually came out ok but there are super dark shadows around both of my eyes that makes me looks like a zombie. The only way I can get rid of them is to go with the darkest skin tone.

abuC

Getting microstutter on the PC version, everything maxed out and solid 60fps, seems to happen when I or the computer inbound the ball.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Glad I'm not the only one. My 7'3" created player in 2k14 averages about .4 rebounds per game. It's just pure luck.

Yeah I always roll as a center in myplayer and last year I couldn't get rebounds for shit. I up and decided to make a defense first SG just to troll people online and all of a sudden I could grab 5-6 rebounds per game easy with no VC spent on rebounding. Something was clearly broken (boxing out and animation coverage among probably other things). Much less of a problem this year tho.

FLiP2345

Banned
it's not though. the gameplay is much improved. its just a dumbass move to tie everything in the game to their shitty servers

This pretty much. Gameplay is actually pretty improved.
No more crazy recovery speed, 1-3-1 zones, lane feels clogged with bodies there, contact feels better, speed and stamina improvements, players feel weighted rather than glide, and momentum plays a part meaning you can't switch directions at will.
Servers the only real problem

They're way past comfortable with the online servers and functionality of the game. They're sloth level.

I've never played online so it's not a huge deal for me, but I'm still surprised given how boastful they were about the online stuff being what they put the A-team on this year. I noticed server errors this morning when I loaded it up to kill a few minutes.

I've never played online so it's not a huge deal for me, but I'm still surprised given how boastful they were about the online stuff being what they put the A-team on this year. I noticed server errors this morning when I loaded it up to kill a few minutes.
I rarely play online but this server issue, messes up mycareer:(

Dranakin

Anyone else using the Warriors still find it odd that Steve Kerr is announcing and coaching the team when you play a game?

AcridMeat

Banned
PC version won't connect online or it keeps dumping me back out so I have to remake my person over and over and over. I can't even start a career because I won't earn their credits to earn attributes? What the fuck?

Dug

Banned
I had 26,000 VC after playing my first NBA game after being signed to a team (instead of being on a 10 day contract). Is that normal? I scored 19 points in the game if that matters.

Megatron

Are these server issues people are having happening on all platforms? Strongly considering getting this tomorrow but haven't chosen a version yet. Ps4 for vita play or xb1 for snap play? Hmmmm

CD'S BAR

I like this game but wow, how do you release a game 2 years in a row with a major bug that precludes you from actually playing the game. This looping of the spurs heat demo is like a joke. Guessing it's their servers?

CeeSaw

Anyone else feel like the download is taking longer than it should? I have been downloading it for about 4 hours and it is at 50%. I know it is large but I feel it should go faster then it is.

demolitio

I like this game but wow, how do you release a game 2 years in a row with a major bug that precludes you from actually playing the game. This looping of the spurs heat demo is like a joke. Guessing it's their servers?

You mean the installation that was the same as last year or does it keep looping even after 30 or so minutes? It gives you a barebones game to play without announcers or anything so you can do something while the game installs or else you can wait 20 minutes or so (not sure how long it takes since I just walked away for a bit) and then you'll be ready to play.

I get why people think it's a bug though since they don't have anything telling you the game is installing and how close it is to completion when I could have sworn they had a percentage in last year.

So many people have brought that up as a bug though.

CD'S BAR

You mean the installation that was the same as last year or does it keep looping even after 30 or so minutes? It gives you a barebones game to play without announcers or anything so you can do something while the game installs or else you can wait 20 minutes or so (not sure how long it takes since I just walked away for a bit) and then you'll be ready to play.

I get why people think it's a bug though since they don't have anything telling you the game is installing and how close it is to completion when I could have sworn they had a percentage in last year.

So many people have brought that up as a bug though.

Well I have tried this game on two different PS4s, and it seems to be arbitrary when it decides to let you progress beyond the demo. The system has prompted me that the game has installed, and I get the "New content available proceed to Menu" prompt on the KD boot up screen...if only it were that simple. I;ve tried maybe 10 times quitting from the demo but it still brings me back to it after the KD screen.

But the bug I'm talking about in 2k14 is where the game initially wouldn't let you progress even beyond the Lebron boot up screen (even after it notified that the installation was complete) because it wasn't communicating with 2k servers correctly or something to load everything. Not sure what the problem was exactly, but there is no way this year's issue or last year's was anything but a bug. Unless there's a second and very lengthy background install going on after the PS4 prompt;s of the initial install, in which case what a godawful design choice, especially to give no notification of it.

edit: I was finally able to progress after letting the demo run to completion, but that in itself doesn't seem to be the answer going off of a quick google search. Anyway, glad to be able to play now! The menus are way better than last year.

Lrrr

I've played only one game thus far (Knicks vs Spurs) and some of the players have a weird sort of "black eyeliner" in their eye sockets. I don't know if it's a glitch, but I noticed that both Carmelo Anthony and Patty Mills have it and it looks awful, especially when they close their eyes.

iSYL0sQQ3pNBJ.jpg

ixeJqgd9LS6TY.jpg

I wonder if this is some form of new "black arms" glitch?

demolitio

Wow, so my fears have been confirmed. I went back to MyTeam and don't have the players from the PS+ pack that was opened but never flipped as the servers went down right after that. What a fucking joke.

Mik317

Gameplay wise. This game is great. I don't play online nor MyCareer so I don't care about that stuff. I can save my rosters locally and play MyLeague without having to worry about 2k's dreamcast servers getting in the way, there is CAP (although no headbands...for anyone is weird...must fuck with the models) and again the game is still fun to play (at times).

Good effort for my needs.

There are still enough baffling decisions that even I am not effected by them that makes me question if they won't pull the rug from out underneath me again tho. I hope Live gets their shit together to prvent that..but lolno.

also I normally don't complain about the soundtrack but holy fuck Pharell wtf...

AcridMeat

Banned
Once I stayed connected I was able to mess around a bit (a lot). MyTeam is great, my first experience with the mode. I love having shitty players because it actually challenges me at least a little bit against the AI.

I did unlock one cheapo pack and got Nikola Mirotic, and the Jazz pack gave me Hayward so feeling pretty good about my team already so far. Lots of big men and a couple shooting guards who can hit a 3.

And yeah as much as I like No Doubt it is super jarring hearing it in NBA 2k.

cacophony

first myteam game went to double OT. it was painful. i feel like im playing 'who he play for' from inside the nba with these people.

got a will bynum 3 pt game winner tho.

Another HUGE HUGE HUGE ANNOYING thing:

1) the music playback starts on the home screen or myPlayer dashboard
(where you are for like 2 secs before you choose your game mode)

2) then it stops playing the song during the load/save screen, and plays that generic 2K beat
(which can last for 30sec -1 min)

3) when you are at your game mode, a new song starts

Defeats the purpose of hiring Pharrell if you only play the songs for 3 secs.

ViciousDS

Banned
Once I stayed connected I was able to mess around a bit (a lot). MyTeam is great, my first experience with the mode. I love having shitty players because it actually challenges me at least a little bit against the AI.

I did unlock one cheapo pack and got Nikola Mirotic, and the Jazz pack gave me Hayward so feeling pretty good about my team already so far. Lots of big men and a couple shooting guards who can hit a 3.

And yeah as much as I like No Doubt it is super jarring hearing it in NBA 2k.

Yes.....the AI this year is steps above last year. Went into triple OT in the home opener against cleveland as the bulls....lost by one point. Still getting used to the new defensive feel. Charge cheese is definitely gone, ball handlers now actually know how to bounce off or go through screens. This game, gameplay wise is fucking beautiful.....by far the best feeling 2K since 11. All they need to do is fix there damn servers, and I'll be uber happy with my purchase.

newsguy

Is anyone actually liking the new shot meter? I find I hit way less shots because I'm busy looking at the meter and not the natural peak of the shooter's jump. Where in the menus can we turn it off?

Top Bottom