• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

GRaider81

Want to get this from the US store so I can play on Tuesday but wondering if I'll be able to redeem the preorder Durant pack?

I know it's a try and test issue. Depends how how you get the locker code I suppose?

Scanna

And he got it 100% right.

yeah, I don't see the problem either

rose2_081126.jpg

Shady859

Pumped for this game and glad to hear PS4 version isn't horrible again. I hate the Lakers but hoping Randle is a beast. I could see me using them online if he is don't have a NBA team, rolled with Pacers last year online that won't be fun this season though. Maybe Bobcats since MKG and Stevenson slow bigs, about the same style..

If anyone knows a mom and pop or somewhere selling early in the KY, OH, IN area please PM me. Live in northern KY but would love to find a ongoing hookup. :)

Messi

Don't they usually introduce D Rose saying he is from Chicago? There was commentary talking about it in last year's game

Into

Now you get to tryout for any team in MyCareer from my understanding which is a great feature. Nobody wants to be stuck, playing for some shitlord team like the Bucks for 82 games a season.

Shady859

S
Now you get to tryout for any team in MyCareer from my understanding which is a great feature. Nobody wants to be stuck, playing for some shitlord team like the Bucks for 82 games a season.

This! I usually am a PG and seems my 1st attempt usually lands me on a shit team with a good starter. At first I like the challenge then get sick of all the down time just to play a few minutes a game, 360 load times was a drag.... I wouldn't mind random but if you sitting there in predraft interview giving worst answers and acting like a headache no way they should draft you.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
yeah, I don't see the problem either

rose2_081126.jpg

The Bulls annoucner in real life doesn't say "from Memphis" for Rose, he says "from Chicago".

It's been like this since he was a rookie, they never say the college for rose

Jonm1010

Banned
Will mycareer allow you to mess with sliders this year? Until they do I think I'm permanately out with that mode.

Even the best 2k games have one or two glaring gameplay flaws that need to be addressed as much as they can by sliders. Last year it was the cpu 3-point percentage being unrealistically high, cpu teammates refusing to shoot assisted wide open shots, almost impossible to play man to man defense and blocks being re-directed straight to the opposing team.

MyCareer mostly became an excercise in futility trying to play the game like a normal basketball game. It was my first experience with that mode but it wasn't a pleasant one.

I have a feeling they won't let people control sliders simply because they want to extort as much money as they can for VC.

vpance

Will mycareer allow you to mess with sliders this year? Until they do I think I'm permanately out with that mode.

Even the best 2k games have one or two glaring gameplay flaws that need to be addressed as much as they can by sliders. Last year it was the cpu 3-point percentage being unrealistically high, cpu teammates refusing to shoot assisted wide open shots, almost impossible to play man to man defense and blocks being re-directed straight to the opposing team.

MyCareer mostly became an excercise in futility trying to play the game like a normal basketball game. It was my first experience with that mode but it wasn't a pleasant one.

I have a feeling they won't let people control sliders simply because they want to extort as much money as they can for VC.

You could actually get a lot of free VC with the app, enough to max out your player fairly quick. It was also my first experience with MyCareer but once my player was kind of high up in stats I didn't find the mode as fun anymore because it got too easy. I'm kind of interested in the restrictions to meter changes this time since you can't straight up concentrate on specific skills and your player develops more organically to how you play, supposedly.

mhi

Is it fair to assume that the netcode for this game will not improve until they implement a new engine ?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Welcome to my 2k14 career! :(

I'll be waiting for forum feedback on this one. Last year's VC/online check-in infestation into all modes was herpes-esque. No thanks.

ViciousDS

Banned
Welcome to my 2k14 career! :(

I'll be waiting for forum feedback on this one. Last year's VC/online check-in infestation into all modes was herpes-esque. No thanks.

What was worse was my playet getting bugged not being able too sign a contract so he was unhappy all the way after season3 to the hall of fame lol

From what I've seen in the streams so far the shit teams are still the ones with the most interest in you and the easiest to get on cause of the grade rule.

I'm guessing they left Mycareer gameplay alone since they would have been shouting changes like with the other modes, addressing stingy VC payouts, and a horrible teammate grade system needs to happen, don't randomly take off a letter grade for "Leaving my assignment" when I was guarding someone else or telling me I made a bad call for a pass when I'm wide open and my teammate is double teamed.

Clevinger

Some dude on Reddit got the game early and can't even play Mycareer to answer questions because the servers are down. I guess it is like 2K14, where you need a server handshake to even play SP modes.

Not sure, but I don't think this is true. This guy has some MyCareer footage and he thanks some dude (probably a streamer) for letting him upload it. Then there's this guy who got mycareer footage from a streamer who was messing around with stats and buying clothes and stuff (all of which involves using VC).

edit: err, the second link may be wrong. He's in the store but he doesn't actually buy stuff. I might have been thinking about this one where he's using VC on stats.

gazele

Banned
I'm guessing they left Mycareer gameplay alone since they would have been shouting changes like with the other modes, addressing stingy VC payouts, and a horrible teammate grade system needs to happen, don't randomly take off a letter grade for "Leaving my assignment" when I was guarding someone else or telling me I made a bad call for a pass when I'm wide open and my teammate is double teamed.

They took out the bad call for a pass thank god

Not sure, but I don't think this is true. This guy has some MyCareer footage and he thanks some dude (probably a streamer) for letting him upload it. Then there's this guy who got mycareer footage from a streamer who was messing around with stats and buying clothes and stuff (all of which involves using VC).
Interesting, weird how some people can play but not others.

Megaton, I really hope they fix the leaving assignment too, it's such a huge penalty and by the time they switch you, you have no chance to catch up and contest.

Cheddahz

Banned
Wal-Mart is having a 50% trade in deal towards 2K, so I just might trade in some games and grab this for the Xbox One

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
2K13 had a decent soundtrack you hooligans

2K15 has Scenario so it can only be but so bad

They changed it, it's now called ignored call for pass. Meaning the ball handler ignores you.

I've seen people playing career in live from playstation so I don't know if that online handshake thing is true. But I've also heard that each mode has its own servers now.

ViciousDS

Banned
I just realized that with those nasty knock down animations for driving the basket my point guard in the beginning is going to get thrashed being only 5'11" lol

Into

You didn't ask for a trade?

Its literally impossible to be traded to certain teams if you play a certain positions. I ended up having 4 save files where i spent roughly 6 months, and when i say 6 months, i mean real life six months to get traded to Knicks as a SG.

I had to use the "glitch" where i had to start a new season and follow a guide.

Even when NYK was the team "most interested in me" and i asked for a trade there, i was always traded to some shithole of a franchise. Always. Despite them having a draft pick, they never picked me, no matter how hard i tried to land as their draft pick, no matter what i said in interviews, they always picked Jim Hardaway Jr. even if had 900 points in the rookie showcase.

This was not the case in 2k11, 2k12 and 2k13, where i could easily land in the Knicks, and if not just retry 2-3 times and it would work. Not with 2k14 next gen.

In addition to trying out for teams, you are a free agent after the first season, which is wonderful news.

ViciousDS

Banned
The player is capped in mycareer until you play mypark. smh. why 2k always fix some things then do something really really stupid every year?

they can just lock you from hit high 90s in the first two seasons or something, don't force mycareer people to player other modes to level up.

Wait What the fuck, did I read that correctly?

Top Bottom