• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

ViciousDS

Banned
Ellis kind of looks like the devil about to make you a deal for your soul.

now that, would be a wicked storyline. Reminds of NBA The Life that Sony made. 3 specific storylines....they could do that next year lol (there was no devil making deals, but it was an interesting take on telling the story of an athlete).

theWB27

Wait kerr is still on the casting team

Wat

5 months isn't enough time to completely replace his lines with someone else without butchering the rest of the dialogue.

Still have to think about how long it would take to negotiate a deal with someone else...having the right schedule and so forth.

Vestal

5 months isn't enough time to completely replace his lines with someone else without butchering the rest of the dialogue.

Still have to think about how long it would take to negotiate a deal with someone else...having the right schedule and so forth.

You not only have to do his lines but also any lines that references him by the other announcer or sideline reporter.

I give 2k a lot of shit for the broken net code, but they deserve a pass on this one.

I have had the game since yesterday. I'm a little disappointed. It takes a few steps back, what was the team doing this last year?

Modes have been removed halftime has been removed the pre game is circa PS one.

Player bodies are very disappointing. I really don't know what I can say is better. Maybe player movement

I have had the game since yesterday. I'm a little disappointed. It takes a few steps back, what was the team doing this last year?

Player bodies are very disappointing. I really don't know what I can say is better. Maybe player movement

Thank God.

Effnine

Have you tried MyPlayer? Do they still have those horrible, unskippable post-game press conferences? If so, does your MyPlayer still have the same voice?

*I apologize if this has already been answered previously in the thread

Have you tried MyPlayer? Do they still have those horrible, unskippable post-game press conferences? If so, does your MyPlayer still have the same voice?

They said on a stream they are less frequent, but the questions are more "intense".

Justified

MyPlayer is now a story-driven mode, with certain reactions, and answer that will effect your standing with the Team and Coach. I think those press conferences are here to stay.

There will be 2 voice choices for your MyPlayer

JNA

Banned
I just checked a trailer with one of the voices for your my player, and holy crap the voice acting is HORRIBLE!

I'm not talking about the players doing the voice acting because that's all well and good. But the voice acting for my player...wow. The cheesiness, the monotone, the unrealistic lines to say to other players in the locker room...just terrible effort all around.

And once again they are using head presets for my player. Why are we suddenly going backwards this gen in everything besides graphics? (I heard there is face scan but I don't have PS Camera so that feature is kinda useless for me XD)

I really don't like what I'm seeing with this game nor do I like what I'm hearing. It will of course get great scores all around as usual (whether or not it actually deserves it) but this looks like yet another lazy year for 2K Basketball. I feel like we will never get back the games like 2K8/2K10/2K11 where real effort and dedication was made behind those games. Both from a gameplay perspective and features perspective.

I just hope that they finally fixed the defensive rebounding (like no more balls bouncing off my guy's head after trying to get a rebound), broken 3 point cheesing, defenders on ice skates, and of course, online servers (yeah like that will ever happen). :( Otherwise I'm straight up returning that shit and never looking back like last year.

abuC

I mention that the players look too big on Operationsports and everyone insists they are fine even though it's pretty obvious they're way too big.

Why y'all trying to kill my hype for this game?

I'm sorry man it's just I don't see a huge improvement from last year. It's very very minute.

I'm a little upset with their effort. I mean we are entering year 2 of next gen, and they still are so far from making the ultimate NBA experience

kasane

I'm sorry man it's just I don't see a huge improvement from last year. It's very very minute.

I'm a little upset with their effort. I mean we are entering year 2 of next gen, and they still are so far from making the ultimate NBA experience

i assume there are still a lot of gameplay elements that hasn't been fixed

heck i would bet that ai is still shit

Lrrr

Would you mind going into some more detail about what disappoints you? As a long-time 2K player, I'd love to know if the series has improved or not.

you know where their priorities lie when they announced a ps4/xbone nba 2k and all you ever got was vc this and vc that.

remember when they put nba 2k5 out for 20 bucks just to compete with nba live?

those days are gone. now it's all about jay-z's crap and vc milk a clydesdale cow.

consumers have had server issues since what, 2k8 or even earlier? that's 7-8 years ago and they're still not fixed (if they actually even bat an eye over it, given how much money they generate). menus are still awful. teammate ai is still dumb.

animation can only go so far in terms of offering us gameplay innovations. sure, it would feel more authentic, but other than that they should make sense. collision should be the focus, not new animations. i am okay with older animations as long as collision detection is top-notch.

I can't wait to see all the reviews that don't mention the server stability due to reviewing the game before it was in a consumer state. Situations like that are why I don't give Bungie shit for wanting reviewers to get a more "complete" picture. When reviewers are writing about a game that virtually doesn't exist, in terms of what the customer will be getting, then the review is completely pointless.

I can't wait to see all the reviews that don't mention the server stability due to reviewing the game before it was in a consumer state. Situations like that are why I don't give Bungie shit for wanting reviewers to get a more "complete" picture. When reviewers are writing about a game that virtually doesn't exist, in terms of what the customer will be getting, then the review is completely pointless.

Bungie knew they did their homework and had a huge beta, 2K will mess up online modes like every year so it's better for them to show an offline game to reviewers.
Worked so well in the past for them, NBA 2K always gets rated really well BEFORE all the multiplayer issues are showing after some time.

But I already pre ordered so I am part of the problem I guess...

Smidget

When do reviews go up since it comes out tomorrow? I already preordered digitally too.... game sharing makes it too good of a deal anyways...

Takuan

How are the MyCareer changes? That's the only mode I played extensively last year and as long as it's been reworked I will keep the game.

I'm not talking about the players doing the voice acting because that's all well and good. But the voice acting for my player...wow. The cheesiness, the monotone, the unrealistic lines to say to other players in the locker room...just And once again they are using head presets for my player. Why are we suddenly going backwards this gen in everything besides graphics? (I heard there is face scan but I don't have PS Camera so that feature is kinda useless for me XD).
What? I thought create a player was back.

I haven't messed with my career. The AI is improved over last years effort i don't see jerky player movement or horrible collision detection

What upsets me is the little things

the presentation took a step back no halftime show no stat overlays
There's a dribbling glitch that shows the ball bounce weirdly and too fast
The pregame show is so bad, it looks tact on.
Player introductions while nice are completely out of character
Player of the game has a 50/50 chance of not showing any highlights

Some modes from last year are gone

Dante316

My ps4 has been downloading this game extremely slow. Its at 38/47 after almost 24 hrs I think. Usually it takes few hrs.

I haven't messed with my career. The AI is improved over last years effort i don't see jerky player movement or horrible collision detection

Doesn't sound all too convincing, so I think I might just skip this year's.

ViciousDS

Banned

sounds like day 1 patch tomorrow lol

Lrrr

During the game there's no stat overlays whatsoever?
Is this "dribbling glitch" a regular occurrence ala the "spinning ball on a head" from 2K14?
Can the pregame show be skipped?*
Can player intros be skipped?*
I'm surprised to hear the "POTG" montage has taken a step back. I really am.
Which modes are gone?

*I'm not implying that "skipping" is the solution to presentation problems. I'm asking because I typically skip 2K's fluff pieces and just get to the game.

GravyButt

Is the gameplay fun though? I havent played an nba game in forever.

I preordered shipped from best buy. Please be fun and dont ruin my hope like nhl 15 did

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Bryan Wiedey @pastapadre · 2h 2 hours ago
In addition to the online league disappointment w/ NBA 2K15, early online reports complain of cripping lag...and hardly anyone is on yet!

coach.gif

I'm glad I don't play online in my sports games, because two of the bigger franchises, NBA, and WWE still haven't even come close to acceptable.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I'm glad I don't play online in my sports games, because two of the bigger franchises, NBA, and WWE still haven't even come close to acceptable.

I've played hundreds of online matches in 2k14. You can tell if it's going to lag at the team select screen and just back out. I do this in probably 8/10 matches. It sucks but what are you gonna do?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I've played hundreds of online matches in 2k14. You can tell if it's going to lag at the team select screen and just back out. I do this in probably 8/10 matches. It sucks but what are you gonna do?

Not buy the game. Its laughable they still cant get simple head to head online games working without awful lag. Its a shame EA cant give them any sort of competition to force 2k to make their netcode better.

Harp

How long have you had the game? Your not even complaining about gameplay. The game sucks because of the half time show?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Not buy the game. Its laughable they still cant get simple head to head online games working without awful lag. Its a shame EA cant give them any sort of competition to force 2k to make their netcode better.

I'm with you. I just like the series too much not to buy it. The netcode is embarassingly bad and has been for years. I have no idea how a game that sells this much doesn't do better.

ViciousDS

Banned

I actually touched nba live 14 this past weekend. Don't know why, butdespite how terrible it is it keeps pulling me back in the subtle animations when the point guard takes the ball up the court is cool lol. If they could fix shooting in this year's rendition I'll be happy. But seriously hoping they catch up soon to give 2k some damn competition.

I'll buy live 15 just to support competition

Top Bottom