• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

charsace

coach.gif

Dreamcast servers never die!

cripterion

Preorder cancelled. Fucking trash. I can forgive game play issues to a degree but not shit online features or performance. Suck a dick 2k!

Is it confirmed the online sucks this year again? I mean the game hasn't even released yet.

Also hopefully the file system hasn't changed too much from previous game, I want authentic dornas on pc!

Best Buy isn't having a Midnight release near me and I'm pretty tight.

I don't really care too much for 2K servers, just as long as MyPlayer mode works. It's really the only mode I fucks with. Everything else is... Whatever, but one day I would like to learn them. Even better is if I can do it all without VC points, which will never happen.

Just pre-ordered through the PSN, can't wait to be in the game! I knew I'd find some use for this camera at some point.

I don't play online so the fact that the servers still suck doesn't really mean anything to me, sucks for those that like to play H2H and online seasons though. I feel for ya.

Decided to do my first pre-load on the PS4, not a fan of digital but I never trade these games in anyway, and 15,000 VC is not bad to start with.

mr stroke

Bryan Wiedey @pastapadre · 2h 2 hours ago
In addition to the online league disappointment w/ NBA 2K15, early online reports complain of cripping lag...and hardly anyone is on yet!

oh 2k.

2K is a joke

Sucks, wish Live was quality :|

Maybe PC version will save the day

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
2K is a joke

Sucks, wish Live was quality :|

Maybe PC version will save the day

dunno. I can see PC version fix the bullshit capped skills/lvl they put on MyCareer since pc modders will unlock that shit for sure but lag is server related issue.

Is it confirmed the online sucks this year again? I mean the game hasn't even released yet.

Also hopefully the file system hasn't changed too much from previous game, I want authentic dornas on pc!

basically confirmed. apparently online leagues are also gimped and missing features that 2k said would be in the game. why trust anything these liars say anymore?

if NBA Live's online is smoother than 2k i would honestly rather own NBA live. a single player sports game is literally worth nothing to me so if online is awful i have no reason to play the game. as it stands, i'll just buy no basketball games.... unless 2k fixes the online... lololololllllllllllllllllllllll

Jonm1010

Banned
All I really care about is gameplay, association mode and MyCareer.

To the person who got the game how is the actual gameplay? I play offline so that is all that matters to me.

Can a person play defense this time against the CPU? Or is it still a mess that is impossible to control?

Does the CPU still make a ridiculously high percentage of shots?

Are blocks still directed right back to the opponent for easy buckets?

Can you train your teams players in association mode?

Honestly any gameplay feedback would be immensely appreciated.

That dudes impressions are lacking. To say the least.

2K, themselves, had a live stream that showed a great update in presentation and gameplay.

We`ll be fine.

Any folks who like to play the cpu and not online. You should set all CPU tendencies to 100. AI interpretation is much better.

GravyButt

Any folks who like to play the cpu and not online. You should set all CPU tendencies to 100. AI interpretation is much better.

May I ask why? Ill be playing offline mostly. But its really my first basketball game in a long time so I know ill be horrible. But at the same time I love realism.

Jonm1010

Banned
This guy is streaming the game and has already been responsive to me answering some questions about association mode.

Streaming a playoff game now.

http://www.twitch.tv/j4bama225

EDIT: The pre-game stuff actually seems decent so I don't know that that other poster was saying

zychi

Banned
This guy is streaming the game and has already been responsive to me answering some questions about association mode.

EDIT: The pre-game stuff actually seems decent so I don't know that that other poster was saying

who plays 2k in broadcast mode? they invented the 2k camera. shit

e: this does not look worth $60 to me. another year that 2k is the same garbage with a pretty paint job :/

Online Leagues in NBA 2K15 Still Lacking Some Critical Options http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/10/06/online-leagues-in-nba-2k15-still-lacking-some-critical-options …

In addition to the online league disappointment w/ NBA 2K15, early online reports complain of cripping lag...and hardly anyone is on yet!

oh 2k.
This is why Live needs to be good, no competition and VC doesn't give a damn

Lrrr

I got a message saying twitch users have reported his channel for having objectionable material. People really reported him for streaming the game a few hours early?

I prefer, and only play in, broadcast mode. I don't care for the 2K camera and never really have.

Jonm1010

Banned
I got a message saying twitch users have reported his channel for having objectionable material. People really reported him for streaming the game a few hours early?

I wondered what that was all about, I rarely watch Twitch.

e: this does not look worth $60 to me. another year that 2k is the same garbage with a pretty paint job :/

I'll forgive him just because he's done a good job scouring the details of the game menus and options that I normally don't get to know about til a week or so after release.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Excited to pick it up tomorrow. The new 'Association' mode should be better than ever and the gameplay improvements look nice so far. I don't give two shits about online. Take it out completely for all I care.

Jonm1010

Banned
Excited to pick it up tomorrow. The new 'Association' mode should be better than ever and the gameplay improvements look nice so far. I don't give two shits about online. Take it out completely for all I care.

I will say I was thoroughly impressed by the amount of options and things you could edit. It's got to be the most freedom they have ever given in that mode before.

There is even a new option where the game will simulate your stats as if you played a full game even if you only play, say, 5 minute quarters. Which could turn out to be really awesome or work very poorly. If it's the latter hopefully the PC version will mod it right.

Figured Dreamcast servers would still be there

I got trade in credit from a bunch of old games so I'll pick it up, best to play in the mornings x late at night :p

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I will say I was thoroughly impressed by the amount of options and things you could edit. It's got to be the most freedom they have ever given in that mode before.

There is even a new option where the game will simulate your stats as if you played a full game even if you only play, say, 5 minute quarters. Which could turn out to be really awesome or work very poorly. If it's the latter hopefully the PC version will mod it right.

Yeah, and the injury attributes could be really cool if not poorly implemented. I don't remember anything like that in a game since NFL Head Coach. RIP D Rose's knees.

I prefer, and only play in, broadcast mode. I don't care for the 2K camera and never really have.

Broadcast is best view

I prefer Broadcast View as well. I like to it to feel like a real game on TV and lol at the thought that you can't properly run plays in broadcast.

I do. Makes the game more challenging (harder to judge passing lanes) and feels more like a, well...NBA broadcast which I've watched for ...like 30 years.

Different strokes.

Loved the ish out of Slam n Jam though.

CLBridges

I play in broadcast mode when in the Park. Felt better when playing defense cause in 2K mode felt like I was sliding on ice most of the time. But, when playing MyCareer games, I always go with 2K.

I'm thinking whether to go digital or head out to the store for pickup. Leaning toward digital though.

I was leaning digital but I always sell my sports games every year so I'm going with the physical copy. I'm not going to playing 2k15 for the hell of it when 2k16 is out next year

JNA

Banned
Is it confirmed the online sucks this year again?

When does the online ever NOT suck in NBA 2K?

Never. It's like asking does a bear shit in the woods?

I'm probably going to get NBA Live 15 just to spite at yet another lazy effort year from 2K. Just disgraceful all around. :(

When does the online ever NOT suck in NBA 2K?

Never. It's like asking does a bear shit in the woods?

I'm probably going to get NBA Live 15 just to spite at yet another lazy effort year from 2K. Just disgraceful all around. :(

You're good. I wouldn't even take live for free out of spite. It simply just has nothing I want. MyPlayer mode automatically makes 2K better imo.

SlickVic

I keep forgetting one of the perks of living in the Pacific Time Zone is getting to play "midnight release" games at 9PM, at least for Steam and eshop releases. Looking forward to seeing how the current gen of 2K looks since 2K14 PC was still the old gen stuff.

JNA

Banned
You're good. I wouldn't even take live for free out of spite. It simply just has nothing I want. MyPlayer mode automatically makes 2K better imo.

I know. I think we need another player (no pun attended) in the NBA simulation games business besides 2K and EA. If EA with all there money and resources still can't get the job done, we need some other developer/publisher to step in.

Just SOMEBODY else to make 2K wake up from their coma already.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Just SOMEBODY else to make 2K wake up from their coma already.

maybe if the huge youtube 2K fans/channels actually talk to 2K pr guys about fixing features and online instead just shelling and kissing 2K butt for free copies and goodies then we'll be good.

Top Bottom