• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjp2417

Banned
I'm not all that confident Iggy makes the hall tbh. Basketball Reference has his current probability at slightly above 1%. He'll get a Warriors bump obviously, but that still seems like a bit of a long shot.

9oPEY0Q.jpg

That salt by Lebron. He tried to form a dynasty with Wade and Bosh in Miami, it didn't happen because JJ Barea fucked his plan and now he backtracks as if it was always his intention to be the underdog. It doesn't work like that my man.

And as always it's always me me me with him.

Line_HTX

Finish the sweep so that this will be the cherry on top of a joke postseason.

Pre-determined seasons make this whole thing completely pointless and a formality. Both Cleveland and Golden State are going to coast again and again.

FZZ

Banned
That salt by Lebron. He tried to form a dynasty with Wade and Bosh in Miami, it didn't happen because JJ Barea fucked his plan and now he backtracks as if it was always his intention to be the underdog. It doesn't work like that my man.

And as always it's always me me me with him.

Are you Bam Bam's little bro?

mjp2417

Banned
What are the names of these players, and how many players have gone to this many finals? Not being a smart ass, genuinely curious.

Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, and Wilt Chamberlain are three of them off the top of my head.

Actually, scratch Chamberlain, he was 2-4. Apparently the other one is Larry Foust?

tumblr_n2o29vO03B1rtpm86o1_400.gif

First "We had to build something in Miami" and now "Calling"?

You went with DWade and Bosh to become a superteam, rendering any idea that you were fighting dynasties a complete joke (faced the Mavs, Thunder, and Spurs, with the exception of the Spursm the Mavs and Thunder never came back into the finals during Lebron's tenure. Unless you really want to go with the hot take that the Spurs are a dynasty). I don't understand where Lebron is coming from with these hot quotes in the past few days. Never mind that beyond this season, we won't know how Golden State will fare in the next few years (inb4BUTTHEY'RETOOGOOD - realize one thing, teams WILL respond to the way Golden State's system is set up).

Pretty excited for tonight. Been a GSW fan ever since I moved to Oakland years ago. Glad to see them come so far. Hoping Dreymond Green doesn't get into foul trouble early as he is just so fun to watch.

tumblr_n2o29vO03B1rtpm86o1_400.gif

First "We had to build something in Miami" and now "Calling"?

You went with DWade and Bosh to become a superteam, rendering any idea that you were fighting dynasties a complete joke (faced the Mavs, Thunder, and Spurs, with the exception of the Spursm the Mavs and Thunder never came back into the finals during Lebron's tenure. Unless you really want to go with the hot take that the Spurs are a dynasty). I don't understand where Lebron is coming from with these hot quotes in the past few days. Never mind that beyond this season, we won't know how Golden State will fare in the next few years (inb4BUTTHEY'RETOOGOOD - realize one thing, teams WILL respond to the way Golden State's system is set up).

It's loser talk from Lebron. Gotta some how justify why you're a loser for reasons other than your team just sucks in comparison to the other.

Haven't seen enough of him, but did he improve on his time with the Cavs?
He basically irrationally shot his way to the playoffs before getting injured. They beat the Rockets, Warriors, I think the Cavs, and a few more of the league's best in a great win spree. He was fun as hell this season and a legitimately good player.

VeeP

Stories going into the finals:

Will Lebron be swept, or create the greatest comeback ever seen in the NBA (again)?

Will Kevin Durant be a Kingslayer?

Will Tristan Thompson finally get more rebounds than Curry?

Will Rihanna show up?

Will Klay channel the powers of the toaster again?

Will Raichu have to shave his hair after this game?

Can Steph channel everything he has to defeat Rambis's Thesis?

It's pretty hard to deny that Lebron is really passive aggressive with his statements. He dances around what he really wants to say with quotes like that.

Yeah he always tries to spin it to him being awesome. He's never losing, it's always the circumstances. It's fine if fans are debating that, but it gets a little obnoxious when he feels the need to constantly remind of how great he is while the world is so unfair.

TTG

Rewatching game 3 because I'm a nerd. Kyrie isn't having as good a game as I thought. The one thing I don't like seeing scoring point guards do is no pass iso possessions. You can attack in transition or off a pick, but to just walk into a 10 second iso without so much as a screen or a mismatch... that's detrimental to your offense. I know a lot of them were because he was doing so well on drives within the offense, but each possession is just too valuable to be doing that. His defense on Klay is kinda shit too.

Still a very good game, but it's was not the level of Lebron's at all.

Fjordson

For Iggy to get in they would have to bypass a ton of players with similar or better stats/accomplishments. Very doubtful that would ever happen.
I think Iggy being an important part of the best team ever will give him a large bump.

If this is the end of Golden State's run, maybe not, but if they end up with like 4 rings then I can see it.

Umbooki

He basically irrationally shot his way to the playoffs before getting injured. They beat the Rockets, Warriors, I think the Cavs, and a few more of the league's best in a great win spree. He was fun as hell this season and a legitimately good player.
Dion was a core part of the 30-11 turnaround. He stopped settling for stepback twos and became more of a facilitator. Definitely made Dragic's life easier.

Rewatching game 3 because I'm a nerd. Kyrie isn't having as good a game as I thought. The one thing I don't like seeing scoring point guards do is no pass iso possessions. You can attack in transition or off a pick, but to just walk into a 10 second iso without so much as a screen or a mismatch... that's detrimental to your offense. I know a lot of them were because he was doing so well on drives within the offense, but each possession is just too valuable to be doing that. His defense on Klay is kinda shit too.

Still a very good game, but it's was not the level of Lebron's at all.

His final possession in the game was shiiiiiiit. But I guess that's more on Lue than on himself.

overcast

It's pretty hard to deny that Lebron is really passive aggressive with his statements. He dances around what he really wants to say with quotes like that.
I think you spend more time dissecting Lebron's words than he does committing himself to these statements.

I don't understand you 💀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom