• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone was an expert on being the worst, it would be you, so I have to take this observation seriously.

Though at the same time you are also peerless when it comes to being wrong about everything so I have to take that into consideration as well.
Lmao, what are you doing. Bionic pls

VeeP

If Warriors go undefeated these playoffs I wonder how much that toaster will sell for lol

Maybe another team will sign it to a max deal.

I think it's obvious that toaster has some crazy power. I wouldn't put it past the Cavs or Celtics to try and buy it off the guy and harness it's power. Probably has crazy stat boost.

Only reason I don't want Warriors to sweep is because poor Raichu will get shitted on and have to shave his head. Raichu pls, message to let us know your ok.

TTG

I already know who I'm recruiting to my team:

whitemencantjump-2-613x463.jpg

jmizzal

The biggest question is whether or not Curry grabs more rebounds than TT for the fourth game in a row.

Curry's rebounds in the Finals so far 29
TT's rebounds in the Finals so far 11

Khloe done fucked him up

Wow this dude was dominate the last 2 finals with these teams, now he is no where to be found.

beat

I think it's obvious that toaster has some crazy power. I wouldn't put it past the Cavs or Celtics to try and buy it off the guy and harness it's power. Probably has crazy stat boost.
The toaster is an official Warriors souvenir toaster with the team logo on it, so I dunno if its powers are transferrable.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Kevin Durant gonna make it known that he's the best player in the world today. And I personally know Steph has read Rambis's posts, and he wants to prove Rambis wrong tonight. Good luck Steph.

Anyways, 4-0 sweep.
It's no secret why he played better in game three. He internalized all Rambis's criticism and let it drive him.

yuraya

Cavs are probably burned out after the other night so I don't see them having the same type of intensity for nearly 4 straight quarters again. Wouldn't be surprised if Durant goes for 45 tonight or something like that for his best finals game yet.

Even if Cavs somehow pull off a W they'll most likely be destroyed back in Oakland on Mon.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
it's why they never wanted to get up by 10
Well yeah. It's common knowledge in the Warriors locker room that he's shooting 38% when the game is within 10 so the team collectively kept the game close so Steph had more opportunity to get his percentage up.

Gigglepoo

So am I crazy for thinking Iggy will make the HoF? He's an All Star, Champion, and Finals MVP. If he wins, say, four championships, I think he'll be voted in (along with Durant, Curry, Green, Klay, and Kerr) even though he's not a great player.

Fjordson

So am I crazy for thinking Iggy will make the HoF? He's an All Star, Champion, and Finals MVP. If he wins, say, four championships, I think he'll be voted in (along with Durant, Curry, Green, Klay, and Kerr) even though he's not a great player.
Pretty easily. Even with just the two titles. And since it's the basketball hall of fame and not just the NBA his Olympic and FIBA gold medals help.

It's honestly not that hard to get into the HoF. At least not compared to something like baseball.

Edit: "pretty easily" is probably a bit strong, but I think he'll sneak in there.

Pretty easily. Even with just the two titles. And since it's the basketball hall of fame and not just the NBA his Olympic and FIBA gold medals help.

It's honestly not that hard to get into the HoF. At least not compared to something like baseball.

i hope my dude get in

Gigglepoo

Would be nice if Hall of Fame standards were a little higher than that tbh, but it is what it is.

Being a champion really matters. For instance, I'd argue peak Marc was better than Pau but the older Gasol is a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame whereas Mr. Grizzly won't sniff it. Circumstances matter.

Fast Break @GSWFastBreak

Warriors' "Death" line-up has played 8 4th quarter minutes. Offensive rating: 145.9. Defensive rating: 64.4.
1:54 PM · Jun 9, 2017

if Iggy doesn't get in we can use that Iverson "we got robbed" gif again

Iggy should make it , he's all star selections, championship(it's not over yet, don't jinx it) , numbers should be good enough to make the hall

still torn if i should watch the game tonight

starts at 3 AM

if the cavs win, i've stayed up for nothing

if the dubs win, i'm just gonna be mad

if Iggy doesn't get in we can use that Iverson "we got robbed" gif again

Iggy should make it , he's all star selections, championship(it's not over yet, don't jinx it) , numbers should be good enough to make the hall

I think the standards should be a little higher than that. 13, 5 and 4 shouldn't be enough for the Hall, no matter how many titles one has. Or then we have to let guys like Byron Scott in as well. I don't think he's in the Hall (and he shouldn't be). Three time champion, 14ppg and always took the toughest defensive assignment for the Lakers. It's the Hall of fame, not the Hall of very good.

Edit: Scott was the first player that came to mind, but someone like Sam Cassell or Glen Rice would fit even better. Rice will probably get in some day.

Being a champion really matters. For instance, I'd argue peak Marc was better than Pau but the older Gasol is a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame whereas Mr. Grizzly won't sniff it. Circumstances matter.

I mean yeah based on current standards he's probably close to making it,. I'm just more of a small-Hall guy for sports. Keep it to the best of the best.

TTG

I'm still waiting for the 2nd best 3 point shooting team to have a good game shooting. On the other side Durant is 34/10/6 on 68.6% true shooting.

Regression to the mean, I think the Cavs have a 60 percent chance tonight(like last game).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom