• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Fixed... you are better than this. 😎

Our love for the game doesn't change because the officiating in a game we watched frustrated and annoyed us.
Really it's our love of the game that makes it hard to watch refs having more control in a game than they should have.

man officiating in this game wasnt something out of the ordinary. hell, the officiating in this game looked like the inverse for the officiating in game 1 when all of steph curry's first quarter points were free throws.

ever watch a rockets game?

cmon people stop it

oh I am fine. but if you are bitching about officiating for years where it apparently hasnt gotten better. then why still watch? sounds like the definition of crazy. And if you think bitching about it on a gaming internet forum will change the nba and make the nba better, you are clearly mistaken

I deleted my post because you sound like you're having a bad day. And you don't take people with anime avatars seriously. :3

Chase17

This thread has deteriorated a lot in a very short amount of time.

Refs were garbage last night but that's not a new phenomenon. That's what you expect in a elimination game in the NBA. I thought most of the calls early were against the Warriors (i.e. like when Thompson bodied Curry and they called a backcourt that was clearly a foul you can't miss that as a ref).

BUT at the end of the day the Warriors calendar out flat and the Cavs played with way more intensity. You are generally going to get more calls if you play harder.

No asterisks from me for last night. Cavs are tough to beat when JR and TT show up. Still not sure why the heck it took 3 games for Thompson to show up. It's not his first finals.

Pretty much. It's hard to beat a team that hits 24 3s with over a 50% 3 point shot percentage.

At the end of the day I just believe that 1st quarter was as crooked as it gets...it dictated the game far too much.

Rest of the game was Cavs shooting lights out and Warriors not having much of an answer.

Can't close out a game with two of your best players not showing up and matching the intensity.

btw, am I the only who cant take basketball talk seriously from someone with something nfl in their avatar? no offense, its just my natural reaction.

If this thread is gonna turn into arguments over who can or can't discuss the series based upon avatars or how much they post in nba gaf we might as well not have a discussion thread at all.

it was a btw. and if you truly feel that way bro, more power to you.

otapnam

Yes, they consistantly scrubbed it up all game. They played like shit. You don't need to give them any ref excuses. The refs did everything in their power to let the Warriors stayi n the game. Not calling flagrants on Zaza and Draymond, and calling them on Kevin Love, not ejecting Draymond.

I know it can be hard to stay objective when your team is playing like garbage.

The warriors had a few chances they blew but you can't have watched the game and not seen the ridiculous amount of calls to start the game and just bad officiating throughout. They let the game get out of control and didn't want to go down in history for an even worse game by ejecting players

At the end of the day I just believe that 1st quarter was as crooked as it gets...it dictated the game far too much.

Rest of the game was Cavs shooting lights out and Warriors not having much of an answer.

at the end of the day, I felt the 1st qaurter of game 1 was as crooked as it gets.....it dictated the game far too much.

Rest of the game was Warriors shooting lights out and Cavs not having much of an answer.

at the end of the day, I felt the 1st qaurter of game 1 was as crooked as it gets.....it dictated the game far too much.

Rest of the game was Warriors shooting lights out and Cavs not having much of an answer.

Show me the stats where the Warriors were given 22 FTA in game 1 for the first quarter

Edit - 16 FTA for the whole game , clown.

Tik-Tok

The warriors had a few chances they blew but you can't have watched the game and not seen the ridiculous amount of calls to start the game and just bad officiating throughout. They let the game get out of control and didn't want to go down in history for an even worse game by ejecting players

The reffing was bad for sure. But they called the T's. Draymond should not have been in the game. It was an embarrassment to the refs and the whole NBA to leave him in the game and make some shit up about the first T being on Kerr. This is how people end up believing shit is ACTUALLY rigged,

I understand the Cavs shot lights out and Dubs turned the ball over and Cavs may still have won without them.

I still want to see the Warriors shoot 22 FTs in the first quarter.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
man officiating in this game wasnt something out of the ordinary. hell, the officiating in this game looked like the inverse for the officiating in game 1 when all of steph curry's first quarter points were free throws.

ever watch a rockets game?

cmon people stop it

Seems the majority of the feedback regarding the officiating in this game is that there were quite a few situations that were "out of the ordinary"

Ever watch a Rockets game? Really man?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
The reffing was atrocious, but anyone who thinks it cost GSW the game in a 21 point rout is kidding themselves.

Not cost, but it did impede or snowball real quick in the first half

Cavs came out strong, GSW played up to it at times, but whistles at the start just curtailed the flow
Like they would push, start making a run, then whistles galore, it stopped their momentum

Then second half the refs tried to balance the sheet with fuckery the other way with that weird it was a Techincal but not a Technical to save face

GSW never got into a groove, it took Cavs hitting every shot, calls early in the game from GSW to make momentum swings it looks to do, then the absurd long time wasted on calls with replays or shenanigans
No wonder half the posters were tired out by the first half and thinking score wise that 3rd Quarter was finishing.

That game felt like an eternity, which is more that Cavs blew out GSW you would think Game would end real quick

Show me the stats where the Warriors were given 22 FTA in game 1 for the first quarter

Edit - 16 FTA for the whole game , clown.

oh btw... i misspoke. I said game 1. I meant Game 2. when steph had 10 points in the 1st qaurter but they all came from free throws. but Its not that serious to me like it is for you, clown

Servbot24

Banned
The reffing was bad for sure. But they called the T's. Draymond should not have been in the game. It was an embarrassment to the refs and the whole NBA to leave him in the game and make some shit up about the first T being on Kerr. This is how people end up believing shit is ACTUALLY rigged,
Are you kidding? Draymond barely did anything. You're gonna throw out a player because he threw up his hands at a call? Forget that.

Seems the majority of the feedback regarding the officiating in this game is that there were quite a few situations that were "out of the ordinary"

Ever watch a Rockets game? Really man?

the dray situation was out of the ordinary sure, but the rest... meh. its post season basketball. its not to shocking. is it not good officiating? sure. but im talking to the people acting like it was rigged. if you dont understand that or dont see their posts and ignore that, then what can i really tell you?

and if you dont know what I mean by ever watch a rockets game... then...maybe you dont watch alot of basketball i guess?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Are you kidding? Draymond barely did anything. You're gonna throw out a player because he threw up his hands at a call? Forget that.

As Van Gundy and Jackson pointed out, if you make a bad call OWN UP TO IT

The Refs last night were just abysmal, then the announcers had to get involved and shine the spotlight on the refs cause they knew all that bullshit about 1st Half Tech was on Kerr not Draymond, yet the second T was them just being so stubborn that they blew the whistle prematurely or their emotion caught up to them

That second Tech was like that Billy Crystal movie of him T'ing up Kareem on his farwell game, then Duncan, then the Nachos dude, etc.
Broke the cardinal rule got their emotion involved into thinking the player was grandstanding them, I mean that 2nd T if any player through their hands like that, everyone in the league would have a T on their record

As a huge warriors fan if D got two T's he should have been ejected. That bullshit about Kerr having a T is so crooked. And that backcourt on kyrie but not on kyrie was pathetic. Cavs were lights out and on a mission, but damn those officials should never ref a game again.

You're really taking this thread to unreadable levels. Maybe take a break and cool off for a bit.

thats the problem with the internet. people want to always infer emotion when there is none there. Im fine, but keep trying to act like Im heated.

im not a cavs or warriors fan. I have no stake in this. just calling it like I see it.

Problem with the first quarter calls is that the rest of the game was virtually even according to the stat sheet. You take away half of those calls or give a few to the Warriors and it's a completely different game.

The second technical on Green was ridiculous for so many reasons, the foul he got called for simply didn't happen and then to get a technical for hand waving a ref in a finals game is just stupid.

Pretty much. It's hard to beat a team that hits 24 3s with over a 50% 3 point shot percentage.

Pretty much. Cleveland was hitting some ridiculous long 2s as well, I remember at least a couple by Lebron when the offense didn't do shit and guys didn't even move and he just walked the shot clock a fired a step over the line.

It's tough to take anything rationally away from this game, it was all macho. It will be interesting to see how Cleveland comes out monday after this, but the same is true for Golden State as well. We all know it's 3-1 again and they know as well. Will they play scared or will they play for revenge? Considering how the series has gone until the last game, I think it's a fair bet on the latter.

random25

It's a really bizarre and poorly-officiated game, but both sides got benefits from those questionable calls. The thing is, Cavs' historic shooting with a touch of Curry struggling basically was the formula that ended with the latest result.

cHaotix8

The toaster... I'll never forget you!

Refs were ass, this game was a circus but Cavs had the shooting sliders on max. I think the dubs will settle this at home.

It's a really bizarre and poorly-officiated game, but both sides got benefits from those questionable calls. The thing is, Cavs' historic shooting with a touch of Curry struggling basically was the formula that ended with the latest result.

I mean, I don't think the officiating cost the Warriors the game. Second chance shots and unreal 3 point shooting by the Cavs did. But Cleveland got away with a lot of contact on Steph, they were hammering him every time he went up te court. This is not a good strategy for future games because 2 of them are in Oakland.

VeeP

btw, am I the only who cant take basketball talk seriously from someone with something anime-like in their avatar? no offense, its just my natural reaction.

Lol, you realize that's a mega man avatar for a guy named megamantrigger right? Dudes probably just been a lifelong fan of the franchise like someone would be for Mario, Zelda, dmc, etc.

Gorillaz

That 2nd tech not going to dray was the biggest crime of the night. League literally waves it off like you don't see anything.

Don't want to hear about "but but first quarter" they changed a foul to keep a star player in blatantly. Bad look for the league.

That 2nd tech not going to dray waa the biggest crime of the night. League literally waves it off like you don't see anything.

That 2nd tech was only called because they thought it was his first tech, no way that shit gets called if the refs knew it would lead to an ejection and to be honest he didn't do much and that was absolutely not a foul on Kevin Love. The problem was calling a flagrant on Love and not calling one on him later. But that tech shouldn't even be called in the first place.

That 2nd tech not going to dray was the biggest crime of the night. League literally waves it off like you don't see anything.

Don't want to hear about "but but first quarter" they changed a foul to keep a star player in blatantly. Bad look for the league.

Or it was on Kerr the whole time and they fucked up royally by not correcting the scorer's table. You really think if they figured Green was on 1 tech they'd eject him over something so small?

Gigglepoo

DB8IYJSVwAAY9Ty

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
the dray situation was out of the ordinary sure, but the rest... meh. its post season basketball. its not to shocking. is it not good officiating? sure. but im talking to the people acting like it was rigged. if you dont understand that or dont see their posts and ignore that, then what can i really tell you?

and if you dont know what I mean by ever watch a rockets game... then...maybe you dont watch alot of basketball i guess?

Come on man.... you are all over the place today.

Have I ever watched a Rockets game?
How about this answer ... what decade are you referring to exactly? Some of my memories are foggy..

Like how I can't clearly remember the emotions I felt when the Rockets selected Akeem (that's how his name was spelt back then) with their first pick in the 84 draft and built the "Twin Towers" but I do remember being excited that the Bulls selected that Jordan kid that had just won the National Championship for the Tarheels.

so anyways... I can't guarantee that I've seen the Rockets game you want to test my knowledge on, but that could be because I don't watch a lot of basketball.

Did I do that right? The whole humble-brag thing to puff my chest out and show why I think I know everything? Is that how you do it?

I'm as excited for there to be a game five as the NBA must be. I read that the Warriors will make an approx extra 12 million dollars from game five. That's a lot of cheddar

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Couldn't watch the game last night and just saw the stats today.

It looks like the cavs support rooster finally showed up. For the warriors what happened to curry and klay?

Did they played that bad or were they mostly contained? The KD stats are much higher...

bionic77

We didn't have these problems when the Lakers and Spurs were running shit.

We knew how to win with dignity. These upstart franchises just don't know how to act right.

Complaining about refs in a blowout basically ruins your credibility for any future officiating criticisms IMO.

A game can be a blow out AND be poorly officiated. Asking for better/consistent officiating regardless of rooting interest doesn't mean you lose credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom