• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder if the warriors lackadaisical play in game 4 is gonna cost them the series. I don't understand how you have a team on the ropes and you come out flat like that. I know the refs were horrible but the sloppy turnovers and defense was no execuse.

I do wonder if the warriors lackadaisical play in game 4 is gonna cost them the series. I don't understand how you have a team on the ropes and you come out flat like that. I know the refs were horrible but the sloppy turnovers and defense was no execuse.

It's possible. They let the role players find a bit of a rhythm but that's at home. No way they lose two games at home tho with this roster.

TTG

I just watch the games.

Well, the Cavs are good enough to win a game against anyone, that's why I replied to your amazement at a loss. I'll repeat myself because it's a question I think is worth considering: Name a team better than Cleveland that's been swept in the finals. We could expand that to the whole post season, anyone know of a team better than Cleveland to be swept? Assuming health is not an issue.

Zaza gotta play better. And hopefully he does at home. I don't agree with people saying it would be better if he got suspended. JaVale and West can't cover all the minutes they need at center, and McAshit should never see the damn floor. Ever. I don't know if the reduced minutes have Clark out of rhythm but he's been looking useless this series. PCaw is doing better than him and he's a rookie.

Zaza was doing his job through 3 games. He didn't just mitigate Thompson, he damn near played him off the court. His weakness in pick and roll defense hasn't been an issue either. We'll see what happens in game 5, he doesn't play heavy minutes to begin with, I wouldn't shy away from him at all.

McCaw could be so much better if he didn't always hesitate to shoot, and then miss that window of opportunity and settle for a drive and kick instead.
He should trust his shot more. Kids got some potential... But first something needs to be done about his hair.

I have no feel for evaluating rookies, especially those outside the lottery. However, if Iggy asks for 15 mil a year, it's thanks but no thanks, let's see how this McCaw guy works out.

BadAss2961

Whenever someone says they hate Curry I immediately assume they're a salty homer.
This... He's a showoff, but I don't recall him ever doing or saying anything that would make him worthy of being disliked. He's fun to watch and is ultimately an underdog story.

His personality on the court kinda reminds me of Reggie Miller back in his day.

Servbot24

Banned
This... He's a showoff, but I don't recall him ever doing or saying anything that would make him worthy of being disliked. He's fun to watch and is ultimately an underdog story.

Yeah, Reggie was my favorite player for a long time, in the current game it's Curry :)

I don't know, a big part of the appeal of Reggie Miller was his constant smack talking. Curry showboats, but I don't see the two comparable. Although I suppose if somebody likes the mindset of showing how confident you are while playing then both are in the same category.

I don't get the hate for Curry personally. He's not one of my favorite players, but I love watching him play.

Warriors didn't get a sweep and end it when they should have. I see the series going 7 now since they dropped the ball. Another Irving game winner probably. :(

Servbot24

Banned
Please explain

That's what the goggles look like to me, may as well go all the way.

253.jpg

Warriors didn't get a sweep and end it when they should have. I see the series going 7 now since they dropped the ball. Another Irving game winner probably. :(

I doubt it. The Warriors got this far because of the motivation from last season's finals. I think they're gonna have a chip on their shoulders with the way the refs called last night and they'll go ham. Plus, the Cavs needed 60% shooting to blow them out, I also can't see that happening again.

If Cleveland wins game 5 though...

423.gif

I doubt it. The Warriors got this far because of the motivation from last season's finals. I think they're gonna have a chip on their shoulders with the way the refs called last night and they'll go ham. Plus, the Cavs needed 60% shooting to blow them out, I also can't see that happening again.

If Cleveland wins game 5 though...

423.gif

Lol that gif gets me every time lol.

VeeP

Honestly, if Cleveland wants to win they better hope Blackghost shows up again.

Dude be-cleved so hard that even DWill managed to finally score. It wasn't the refs that won the Cavs game, it wasn't Lue's coaching, it wasn't the team getting in the groove. It was Blackghost.

BadAss2961

Honestly, if Cleveland wants to win they better hope Blackghost shows up again.

Dude be-cleved so hard that even DWill managed to finally score. It wasn't the refs that won the Cavs game, it wasn't Lue's coaching, it wasn't the team getting in the groove. It was Blackghost.
I'll bite... Who the hell is Blackghost?

CD'S BAR

He's an undersized guard who's battled back against career ending ankle injuries to be one of the best NBA players of all time and the best shooter. How can you not have anything but admiration for the guy?

Why do people always say he's undersized. He's actually (slightly) above the average pg height in the league and there are several star pgs 6'1, not to mention the likes of Iverson, Thomas,Bogues, etc.

Why do people always say he's undersized. He's actually (slightly) above the average pg height in the league and there are several star pgs 6'1, not to mention the likes of Iverson, Thomas,Bogues, etc.

yea, he's not "undersized." People say that probably cause of his frail thin frame..

but undersized is allen iverson, mugsy bogues, spud webb, nate archibald, tim hardaway, etc.

Undersized in how the best players (Magic, Bird, Jordan, LeBron, Kareem) were built. Also Curry is a level above those 3. Iverson would be the only one to get in a top 30 players conversation.

Undersized in how the best players (Magic, Bird, Jordan, LeBron, Kareem) were built. Also Curry is a level above those 3. Iverson would be the only one to get in a top 30 players conversation.

thats besides the point. no is talking about skill, they are talking about "undersized" being thrown around when steph isn't really undersized. he just has a small frame and is thin. but he isn't "undersized."

When people talk about the "greatest small player to ever play the game," Steph curry's name will NOT come up. the Names that will, will be people like Isiah thomas (and maybe the NEW isiah thomas if he can achieve more), Nate Archibald, Allen iverson, etc.

VeeP

I'll bite... Who the hell is Blackghost?

You ever hear of the Kardhasian curse? BlackGhost lifted the curse over TT in Game 4. Before that, Steph Curry was getting more rebounds than TT.

You see Cavs shooting rate percentage in game 1-3 and game 4? BlackGhost himself did the calculations and improved their shot by 30%.

Do you know who never lost faith in the Cavs and be-Cleved until his iron heart hurt? BlackGhost.

He hasn't posted in awhile because he's resting for Game 5.
He actually taught Lebron how to rest as well.

CueMan

Banned
Man the narratives have gone to hell with this series. None of them make any sense, and the only one worth a shit is LeBron James. This series is over.

bionic77

You ever hear of the Kardhasian curse? BlackGhost lifted the curse over TT in Game 4. Before that, Steph Curry was getting more rebounds than TT.

You see Cavs shooting rate percentage in game 1-3 and game 4? BlackGhost himself did the calculations and improved their shot by 30%.

Do you know who never lost faith in the Cavs and be-Cleved until his iron heart hurt? BlackGhost.

He hasn't posted in awhile because he's resting for Game 5.
He actually taught Lebron how to rest as well.
This is all lies.

The only thing BlackGhost perfected is losing.

Ohio and their sports teams started taking Ls the day after BG was born. Before he came on the scene Ohio was one of the most prosperous states in the country. Since he arrived their biggest accomplishment has been Drew Carey. LeBron left Ohio to get away from BG and the only year he won anything for Ohio was when BG was on vacation (being BG he spent 3 months at South of the Border). As soon as he came back it all started to go wrong again. I heard he was wearing a Steph Curry jersey for the first half of game 4.

Little known fact that losing runs in their family. BGs grandad was on the titanic and his uncle was the one who came up with New Coke.

Ignore Bionic and his post above. I'm sorry about him, he's just a old man that follows me around to threads. He's a shadow I can't shake. He's having a beef with me, but I'm not participating in it...so it's a one way street beef ... very sad and or sick guy -_-

Cya on gameday, I'm meditating so I can BeCleve harder Monday. Sony should be considerate and move their presser

As much as I'd like to see 7 games, anyone with a brain knows this isn't going 7. The Cavs margin for error is practically non existent.

As much as I'd like to see 7 games, anyone with a brain knows this isn't going 7. The Cavs margin for error is practically non existent.

and people said anyone with a brain the Cavs wouldn't win down 3-1 last year.

and people said anyone with a brain that the Patriots lost the superbowl during the game until the 4th quarter.

and people said anyone with a brain that Seattle won the superbowl against Patriots before that non marshawn lynch play.

the list goes on. Anything can happen. Is it a low possibility for the Cavs to take game 5? yea, but You can't completely dismiss the possibility of the opposite.

Bread

Banned
and people said anyone with a brain that the Patriots lost the superbowl during the game until the 4th quarter.

and people said anyone with a brain that Seattle won the superbowl against Patriots before that non marshawn lynch play.

the list goes on.
Keep going I'm almost there

badb0y

If Cavs can keep hitting 24 three pointers every game I'll give it to them in 7. Based on the scores the Cavs really didn't do much to Warriors defensively. They still got like 116, the Cavs just hit some tough shots down the stretch.

I don't see this going beyond Monday though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom