• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

DDiHB9vWAAEUfWR.jpg

We got Ben Simmons with a shot!

LionPride

Banned
I can't speak on on CP3 don't watch him play much. I watch basically every game the Celtics play and Crowder and Bradley were not at the level I've seen them play before. I will leave it at that. Thinking they are offensive players absolutely hindered their D last year.
He was better than Paul though. He's a well respected defender by the people who actually fucking play against him. Damn near any guard does not want to be against his ass come crunch time because he unleashes "take the ball from you anytime he wants"

legend166

While I'd never begrudge a player changing teams for more money, especially since we all make the same considerations for our careers and don't have people yelling at us calling us disloyal or greedy, anyone who's been in the NBA for 10+ years has made way, way more money than they need to live for the rest of their life.

If they're so bad at financial management they need another $20 million on top of the $100 mil they've already earnt that $20 mil ain't lasting long.

I was listening to NBA Radio on Sirius XM earlier today and before any mention of the David Griffin news, one of the hosts said that he thinks there is a plan in place for Lebron, Melo, Chris Paul, and Wade to go to New York after this year, and he specifically mentioned it would be very interesting if David Griffin, who James publicly thanked and appreciated, would be in the running for the GM of New York, and that would be a sign.

spyder_ur

As I think more on it...fuck the people who ain't vote for Bradley to be on either teams. I get it, he played 55 games. Chris Paul played worse defense and 6 more games though. Bradley had to guard two people a night because Thomas is worse than a sieve when ot comes to stopping anyone. When the people who actually play against him think you're fucking crazy...there's a problem. But I guess they're wrong? Then Brossuard saying he ain't vote for him because of Booker's 70 pt game...NIGGA DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING PLAY THAT GAME YET YOU GET TO VOTE ON THIS SHIT WHILE NOT EVEN DOIN A BIT OF RESEARCH?

And fuck the guy who said he ain't vote for Dray because of his on court antics. Bitch ass shit.

Bradley should've made a team. The reaction from players showed a lot.

I heard Broussard saying that live (how Bradley got lit up by Booker when he didn't even play) and I was losing my mind.

Sandfox

Broussard is a joke analyst who is always wrong.

He was better than Paul though. He's a well respected defender by the people who actually fucking play against him. Damn near any guard does not want to be against his ass come crunch time because he unleashes "take the ball from you anytime he wants"

CP3 is actually a very good defender.

This is old, but he hasn't declined on that end yet:

Whoops! Well then pretend my question is being asked 24 hours from now lol. I know that Jrue Holiday has a 12:01 meeting with the Pelicans.
It depends. We'll probably start hearing deals around them, but the big name players are going to take days and others will be waiting to see where they go before deciding.

LionPride

Banned
Broussard is a joke analyst who is always wrong.

CP3 is actually a very good defender.

This is old, but he hasn't declined on that end yet:

It depends. We'll probably start hearing deals around them, but the big name players are going to take days and others will be waiting to see where they go before deciding.
I never said he wasnt

Bradley was better this year though and if the argument is games played then that should apply for Paul too

LionPride

Banned
He's a white dude going to a city that while itself is liberal, it's sport scene is fucking racist as fuck

Like the takes will be piping as long as he goes there

Anth0ny

that lakers/celtics 30 for 30 was pretty eye opening for someone who grew up in the 90s

I obviously knew all about the Lakers and Celtics rivalry but those were all through official NBA DVDs, so they weren't going to touch on some of the heavier topics.

I thought we were past this... it seemed like Boston fucking loved their 2008 big 3. but trump's president so what do I know

Boogs31

He's better based on what? I'm not a big stats guy but CP3 had a higher DWS than Bradley last year. And the idea that Bradley being feared in crunch time is your main idea behind him being better than Paul is ridiculous. There's so many defensive possessions in a game that I would never say a guy is better on one end of the floor because he happens to be clutch. That's basically the same thing as claiming Joe Johnson is better offensively than LeBron because he hits more game winners.

LionPride

Banned
He's better based on what? I'm not a big stats guy but CP3 had a higher DWS than Bradley last year. And the idea that Bradley being feared in crunch time is your main idea behind him being better than Paul is ridiculous. There's so many defensive possessions in a game that I would never say a guy is better on one end of the floor because he happens to be clutch. That's basically the same thing as claiming Joe Johnson is better offensively than LeBron because he hits more game winners.

Man that was just me using one example shit calm down

Watching Celtics and Clippers games this season, I believe Bradley to have been a better defender. Especially because stats when it comes to defense are not as good as offensive advanced stats. Like at all.

Boogs31

Man that was just me using one example shit calm down

Watching Celtics and Clippers games this season, I believe Bradley to have been a better defender. Especially because stats when it comes to defense are not as good as offensive advanced stats. Like at all.

Well first off you shouldn't be coming to any conclusions based on 2 games. I happened to watch the Clippers be the best defensive team in the NBA for the first 15 games of the year (prior to the team dealing with some injuries), and CP3 was a huge part of that.

LionPride

Banned
Well first off you shouldn't be coming to any conclusions based on 2 games. I happened to watch the Clippers be the best defensive team in the NBA for the first 15 games of the year (prior to the team dealing with some injuries), and CP3 was a huge part of that.
You thought I meant games played between the two?

Who on the Rockets even represents Vegeta? Besides CP3 getting angry in an "awe that's cute little guy" kinda way.

Rockets still #4 in the league as is...probably 5 behind celtics

Who on the Rockets even represents Vegeta? Besides CP3 getting angry in an "awe that's cute little guy" kinda way.

Rockets still #4 in the league as is...probably 5 behind celtics

Celtics, top 5?

Celtics, who were 2-0 against shitty Chicago before Rondo went down, top 5?

Nah.

Jarate

Banned
Sam Hinkie is Dr Gero

Perfect Cell is Joel Embiid after absorbing Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz, and im not talking about Goku Fight Perfect Cell, Im talking about Post Failing To Kill Myself and Somehow Surviving and turning into the ultimate form

we'll lose out to Gohan at the end (The Phoenix Suns), but at least we beat Goku and everyone else

Rmagnus

Banned
Sam Hinkie is Dr Gero

Perfect Cell is Joel Embiid after absorbing Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz, and im not talking about Goku Fight Perfect Cell, Im talking about Post Failing To Kill Myself and Somehow Surviving and turning into the ultimate form

we'll lose out to Gohan at the end (The Phoenix Suns), but at least we beat Goku and everyone else

No it will end like bleach, giant pile of flaming crap

Wow, I knew the alt-right infiltrated GAF but I never thought they'd bring anime back into this thread. They've gone too far this time.

Top Bottom