• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Cornbread78

Wow, I knew the alt-right infiltrated GAF but I never thought they'd bring anime back into this thread. They've gone too far this time.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif

Kickz

Sam Hinkie is Dr Gero

Perfect Cell is Joel Embiid after absorbing Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz, and im not talking about Goku Fight Perfect Cell, Im talking about Post Failing To Kill Myself and Somehow Surviving and turning into the ultimate form

we'll lose out to Gohan at the end (The Phoenix Suns), but at least we beat Goku and everyone else

And Thibodeau is the Namekian leader who births Namekians

Cornbread78

The last few posts may as well be written in Chinese as far I am concerned.

The quiet before free agency is excruciating.

Don't worry, I watch anime and I'm still not weeb enough to understand a word of that either....

Anyhow. On the "quiet" yeah.... All the chatter in the last 48 hours has been completely contradictory from the earlier reports that were coming out, so I'm really not too excited about things.....

and well, what Lyle says...

Throw him in the vault with the assets.

"assets"
Danny:
giphy.gif

Pretty sure Ainge is going to come out of this offseason mostly empty and the team will be worse next year.

*sigh*

Pretty sure Ainge is going to come out of this offseason mostly empty and the team will be worse next year.

I think we have a good shot at Hayward, but the PG trade feels like it's not going to happen. Basing that on nothing other than the fact that these trades seem to fall through all the time for us.

Cornbread78

Eh, even if they just bring back essentially the same team with three first round picks replacing a few guys I don't see a way in which they don't improve.

Regardless, they still need another scorer and a big that can put his arms up and catch a rebound or two.

What do you think their "Plan B" options are in Free agency? I keep looking at those Free agent lists and can't stop thinking we are going to get stuck with Hibbert/Hawes for a big and Gay/Illyasova for a "scorer"

Did Gallinari opt out yet?

Yeeessshhhh at that trade offer

Brown
Tatum
#1 pick
Lakers pick
Crowder
Smart
Memphis

For

George

And he's not even gonna resign
Holy shit Pacers, fuck off

Cornbread78

Yeeessshhhh at that trade offer

Brown
Tatum
#1 pick
Lakers pick
Crowder
Smart
Memphis

For

George

And he's not even gonna resign
Holy shit Pacers, fuck off

Yeah, they are trying to leverage the Celtics against LA and Houston. Like, WTF would they bother trying to do that when everyone, but LA, would only get him for 1 year.....

Regardless, they still need another scorer and a big that can put his arms up and catch a rebound or two.

What do you think their "Plan B" options are in Free agency? I keep looking at those Free agent lists and can't stop thinking we are going to get stuck with Hibbert/Hawes for a big and Gay/Illyasova for a "scorer"

Did Gallinari opt out yet?

I'd risk hoping that Zizic can be that big. I think the real plan B is to punt until next offseason. No point messing up future cap space on middling guys.

Cornbread78

I'd risk hoping that Zizic can be that big. I think the real plan B is to punt until next offseason. No point messing up future cap space on middling guys.

I begrudgingly agree....

I just don't know if I can stomach getting the same press conference we get from Danny 3 times a year (after the draft, free agency and the trading deadline) about being "close to a deal" blah, blah, blah, blah...

Cornbread78

I don't know where you saw this but I can tell you that it's bullshit

The last one I heard was the one jbug posted a couple days ago, which was still absurd BS at best. I hope the pacers get Gasol'd at the trading deadline for him now...

The Pacers don't want to make a deal. Maybe they are hoping teams will get more desperate at the deadline:

Nah, at the deadline, they are only going to get offers from play-off teams, which means the draft pick offerings are going to suck for them, lol.

Bread

Banned
The last one I heard was the one jbug posted a couple days ago, which was still absurd BS at best. I hope the pacers get Gasol'd at the trading deadline for him now...
I'm sure the Pacers would love to be" Gasol'd", since that gave the Grizzlies their franchise C.

LionPride

Banned

Nah, at the deadline, they are only going to get offers from play-off teams, which means the draft pick offerings are going to suck for them, lol.
I mean

We gor Marc in the trade, someone I'll argue as a complete player was better than Pau because of his remarkable defense

So....

I feel like Indy's best move is to trade George now. The only chance they have of gaining leverage is if something happens, like an injury, to weaken Golden State. Once the trade deadline comes how many teams are going to think a half season from George is going to be enough to catch GS? At least now, the teams could believe a full year in the system would convince him to resign, but he shows up late in the year he's going to LA.

Eh, even if they just bring back essentially the same team with three first round picks replacing a few guys I don't see a way in which they don't improve.

Except Thomas is hurt with a potentially career altering hip injury. I think chances are he misses two months and is 80% of the player he was before.

Top Bottom