• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

19121653_320150808418146_1583331335664041984_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVZ4FDyFmqI/
Markelle Fultz '16 sitting on Red Auerbach's Celtic Mercedes, which Red left to his nephew Ric MacPherson '65.

Bread

Banned
BCeltic...hmmm this picture is packed with information if you read between the lines. B Celtic, as in "Be irish"? I'm not sure I understand why he'd be saying that, but it's possible. B Celtic...a message to Gordong Hayward? "Be a Celtic", Markelle is saying. He'd like for Hayward to sign with the Celtics. Interesting picture, I'll study it a bit more because this could be the key to it all.

Bread

Banned
We're going to have to disagree there then. Playoff results matter.
Yeah you're right, everyone is clamoring for a guy who shot 19% from 3 in the playoffs over Hayward and Conley, two absolute studs who showed out this year in their limited time. Are you seriously faulting them for not playing with a super team who makes the finals every year?

You don't think he has earned that with his performance? You don't think he's at least as good as Gordon Hayward or Mike Conley?

Lmao fuck no. Those guys are in their physical primes. Iggy will be 34 next season.

I love how you are somehow attritibing playoff success to the 5th wheel on a team that includes Steph, Clay, KD and Dray.

Nafai1123

Banned
That 30-for-30 tldr: this is what Big Ballers really look like.

Red clowning the league with ridiculous trades, picking Larry "good for a white boy" Bird 6th overall, cranking the heat in '84 so cold-blooded Larry could hit peak metabolic performance, amputating Waltons feet and installing superior metal alloy replacements for the 85-86 season. Thankfully Walton was too stoned to notice. I hope the C's have Red's brain in storage somewhere so they can harness it's knowledge and power.

Magic was a choke artist in the '84 Finals. You let time expire instead of getting the ball to Kareem? Good thing he redeemed himself later on. That '84 series was dope AF though. M.L. Carr a master level troll on and off the court.

Lonzo should start calling out his shots to the defense if he wants to reach Big Baller Bird status.

Bostonians wouldn't go see the best team in the world because they were too black. Rather watch a trash hockey team than multiple NBA champions. Then Larry comes around and oh hey it's the Great White Hope, we were actually fans all along!

C's>Lakers
but
Lakers Fans>C's Fans

League was saved by rivalry between two dominant teams, now league is ruined by rivalry between two dominant teams.

Sorry C's fans don't @ me.

Iggy is smart to not chase money, stay in California
Stay with KD, Curry, Klay, Draymond
12 million is still good considering his age
That's perfect for bench money

I only like Hayward because Crowder fucking sucks

Tall4Life

That 30-for-30 tldr: this is what Big Ballers really look like.

Red clowning the league with ridiculous trades, picking Larry "good for a white boy" Bird 6th overall, cranking the heat in '84 so cold-blooded Larry could hit peak metabolic performance, amputating Waltons feet and installing superior metal alloy replacements for the 85-86 season. Thankfully Walton was too stoned to notice. I hope the C's have Red's brain in storage somewhere so they can harness it's knowledge and power.

Magic was a choke artist in the '84 Finals. You let time expire instead of getting the ball to Kareem? Good thing he redeemed himself later on. That '84 series was dope AF though. M.L. Carr a master level troll on and off the court.

Lonzo should start calling out his shots to the defense if he wants to reach Big Baller Bird status.

Bostonians wouldn't go see the best team in the world because they were too black. Rather watch a trash hockey team than multiple NBA champions. Then Larry comes around and oh hey it's the Great White Hope, we were actually fans all along!

C's>Lakers
but
Lakers Fans>C's Fans

League was saved by rivalry between two dominant teams, now league is ruined by rivalry between two dominant teams.

Sorry C's fans don't @ me.

I mean I totally agree as a Celtics fan, those old fans were stupid as fuck, I'd kill to be able to watch a team that won the championship like 6 times in a row instead of a loser hockey team. Absolutely ridiculous and despicable. It was almost even more so when they talked about how when Hondo came in, suddenly their attendance went up. Absolute morons.

I was even happy for the Lakers wins over the Celtics in a way as it was a sort of statement against the latent bigotry there. Neither Magic nor Bird saw it in that way but that was absolutely in the undercurrent of the minds of the fans.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
The Warriors' situation is literally perfect. The core four are such great foundational pieces and cover every position 1-4, where serviceable centers can be bought for pretty cheap. Besides, the death lineup doesn't even need a center. Not to mention that three of those core four can guard 4 positions (Dray 5) on the court at any time.

Just so good.

Nafai1123

Banned
I mean I totally agree as a Celtics fan, those old fans were stupid as fuck, I'd kill to be able to watch a team that won the championship like 6 times in a row instead of a loser hockey team. Absolutely ridiculous and despicable. It was almost even more so when they talked about how when Hondo came in, suddenly their attendance went up. Absolute morons.

I was even happy for the Lakers wins over the Celtics in a way as it was a sort of statement against the latent bigotry there. Neither Magic nor Bird saw it in that way but that was absolutely in the undercurrent of the minds of the fans.

Yeah, it was sweet seeing them finally win it on Bostons floor and shut those fans up, but it was also great seeing Bostons epic comeback in '84. Honestly that 30-for-30 gave me an appreciation for both of those franchises and I understand why so many of you guys are Lakers/Celts fans and why you're all dying for a return to such a great rivalry. Just gotta wait for the Lebron v Warriors era to end in a few more years.

Iggy loves playing for the dubs and the organization are really close to each other ...they have great team chemistry ~ something other teams are trying to develop

Tom Penny

Yeah, it was sweet seeing them finally win it on Bostons floor and shut those fans up, but it was also great seeing Bostons epic comeback in '84. Honestly that 30-for-30 gave me an appreciation for both of those franchises and I understand why so many of you guys are Lakers/Celts fans and why you're all dying for a return to such a great rivalry. Just gotta wait for the Lebron v Warriors era to end in a few more years.
I hope the Lakers suck forever. I don't care about a competitive rivalry. Fuck em !!!

jbug617

Banned
Celtics and Sixers are talking trade for the #1 pick according to Stein and Lowe.
@ESPNSteinLine: One possibility, per league sources to @ESPN, is a package of a draft picks from Boston, including No. 3 overall , to the Sixers for No. 1

Sandfox

Jonathan Givony‏ @DraftExpress 14m14 minutes ago
Also was told that Josh Jackson's workout in LA "did not go well at all." Brought high energy but struggled with his shooting and handle.
Sounds like he'll fit well with the Celtics.

Bread

Banned
Jonathan GivonyVerified account @DraftExpress said:
Big downgrade for me from the #1 pick to #3. Was told Ainge looking for a "Brooklyn type fleece" to get deal done. Let's see if that happens
🤔

Top Bottom