• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Every time he meets with a team the rumor will be that they are the 'favorite' Utah has the last meeting...

hi-res-953eb05d14f542725cff9ed3057485ed_crop_north.jpg

This is such bullshit.

Nene turns 39 by 18 days on the 4th year of his 4/$15 million contract, triggering the over-38 rule that prevents us from giving a 4 or 5 year contract. He was fine with that contract, but now we are forced to drop to 3/$10 million, which means he is back on thw market

What the fuck

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So if Minnesota frees up some space and signs Millsap....would they have a chance at taking Dubs to the limit?

Only if Wiggins becomes something other than a one dimensional volume shooter (and hes not even particularly good at that). I think hes just Michael Beasley bad but they don't really have an option right now other than to hope he becomes something he hasn't been.

So if Minnesota frees up some space and signs Millsap....would they have a chance at taking Dubs to the limit?

They don't play defense. As the Cavs showed us in the Finals, it doesn't matter how good on offense you are, if you can't play defense you're toast against the Warriors.

Servbot24

Banned

No. MN will have to build chemistry this year and GS already has it. Not to mention that GSW will still easily outmatch MN at every position other than center (Thompson and Butler are debatable). hell GSW even has a better bench at this point

This is such bullshit.

Nene turns 39 by 18 days on the 4th year of his 4/$15 million contract, triggering the over-38 rule that prevents us from giving a 4 or 5 year contract. He was fine with that contract, but now we are forced to drop to 3/$10 million, which means he is back on thw market

What the fuck

Can someone explain this to me?

Nene was such a good fit on the rockets, I would like to keep him there. On restricted minutes Nene can still be great.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Noooo way....no way lol

They actually had the audacity to wear that crap? Had to be totally tounge and cheek

How many of those guys have dunked while leaping over a Kia? Or punched a staffer and supposed friend in the face breaking their hand in the process and missing 2 months?

Nene was such a good fit on the rockets, I would like to keep him there. On restricted minutes Nene can still be great.
Teams were dumb signing players who would be super old on long contracts, so the cba says that if you turn 39 during the period of your contract, that contract can't be for 4 or 5 years.

The contracts start on October 1, Nene was born on September 13, and would turn 39 right as the 4th year was ending smh

EDIT: Oh, and apparently it's the new CBA that fucks us over, because contracts used to start on July 1st...

What the fuck

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

The NBA doesn't want teams doing NHL style contracts where guys are getting 20 year deals. They don't want guys who are at the end of the career getting phony contracts basically

Other FA news

David West is back to the Warriors on a 1 year veteran minimum, he plans to make next year his last

Langston Gallaway has a 3 year $12 million with the Pistons

Houston confident they can get something figured out with Nene

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/881217147212410880

Sam Amick said:
Houston has options w/ Iguodala, & chance to go longer on a deal. Long shot though. Trade exception worth $11 mil. Mid level worth $8.4 mil.

Seems like our offer would be to give him a longer contract than most, even if money is similar to the warriors offer

Apparently the Houston Iggy meeting went well, but that just means the meeting didn't go terribly or something imo

BobLoblaw

Banned
I just saw that the T-wolves got Teague. They're gonna be so fun to watch this season (and I don't typically give a shit about anything from Minnesota).

Top Bottom