• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Jarate

Banned
Remember how the process wasnt working because we were creating a "losing culture"

GPyC0JM.jpg

Embiid gets injured and they're a 25 win team even in the East.

We won 28 games last year without Simmons, Fultz, Reddick, and with Embiid missing more then half the games. Meanwhile, the East has absolutely cratered.

And it would still be with those non-guaranteed contracts XD

At this point we need wings that can take up minutes, plus D'Antoni offense can help him out (his highest ppg year was his rookie year under D'Antoni)

Slizeezyc

I don't know how good Philly will be but they'll certainly be fun to watch

Yeah pretty much this. They can lose a bunch and still be League Pass darlings if they stay relatively healthy because their pieces all fit in theory, and they have so many mystery players and young guys that have TBD futures.

gutshot

Love the Redick signing. Provides some much needed floor spacing. And hey, maybe he can teach Okafor how to go from Duke star to important NBA role player?

The Heat made a strong presentation to free agent Gordon Hayward on Saturday and emerged believing it went very well.

Hayward was greeted by five Heat players - Hassan Whiteside, Udonis Haslem, Josh Richardson, Tyler Johnson and free agent James Johnson. He also met with president Pat Riley, coach Erik Spoelstra, Alonzo Mourning and several other coaches and executives.

Besides telling Hayward all of the obvious positives of playing here - weather, lack of state income tax, the Heat culture and championship pedigree - coaches also explained to Hayward how the offense would play to his strengths.

The Heat plans to sit tight, and not make any significant moves, until Hayward makes a decision, which is expected a day or two after he visits Boston on Sunday and Utah on Monday.

The Heat would be left with $5.7 million in cap space if it signs Hayward to a max deal, starting at $29.7 million.

But that amount would be increase to $9.7 million if Josh McRoberts is released and his cap hits are stretched over three years - something Miami would be receptive to.

In that scenario, the Heat very likely would offer its remaining cap space to James Johnson or Dion Waiters, if both remain uncommitted at the time. The Heat could offer either a contract starting at that $9.7 million and worth close to $42 million over four years.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article159260759.html

Servbot24

Banned
https://mobile.twitter.com/RealGM/status/881253070448885760

Iggy deal is rumored to be $45 million over 3 years

Welp, even if we can't stop them for the next 2 years, they're going to hurt a decent amount when Klay and Draymond need to be re-signed

Can't GSW trade Iggy in two years to make space for Klay and Dray? He won't be worth much in a trade at that point so you would mainly be bidding on him now for the next two championship runs

Can't GSW trade Iggy in two years to make space for Klay and Dray? He won't be worth much in a trade at that point so you would mainly be bidding on him now for the next two championship runs
Look man im trying to be optimistic. If the league had done a full boycott of the bogut trade Durant couldn't have gone to them, but maybe they will have learned by then to coordinate mass boycotts

It happened to the Celtics in the past, let's hope for a repeat

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If the celts miss on hayward, hopefully the pressure gets turned up on Danny. He's done amazing acquiring picks, but he's used most of them poorly, especially if Tatum is as mediocre as I'm expecting.

mjp2417

Banned
I'm sure players are tripping over themselves rushing to play in Boston.

They just signed one of the biggest free agents on the market last year, they are one of 3 teams in the running for the biggest remaining free agent this year, and they were one of the few teams that Durant chose to meet with last summer.

Jarate

Banned
If the celts miss on hayward, hopefully the pressure gets turned up on Danny. He's done amazing acquiring picks, but he's used most of them poorly, especially if Tatum is as mediocre as I'm expecting.

Tatum feels like Corey Maggette 2.0 to me. I'm not super enthused!

Top Bottom