• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Line_HTX

Signed Zhou Qi and re-signed Nene. Pretty lame that we didn't get Paul George, yet another supposed "big name" that Morey aggressively pursued but didn't get. The big names are running out.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Other FA news

David West is back to the Warriors on a 1 year veteran minimum, he plans to make next year his last

Langston Gallaway has a 3 year $12 million with the Pistons

Houston confident they can get something figured out with Nene
OMG. Dubs stay winning. So happy to have D West back.

Kickz

@AlexKennedyNBA

Several teams have had discussions with the Cleveland Cavaliers regarding an Iman Shumpert trade, according to sources.
1:14 PM - 1 Jul 2017

Cavs clearing some space?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
The hell does "better lifestyle" even mean?

Also there's been a lot of talk about no income tax in Florida. So, money appears to be a consideration here. In terms of endorsement opportunities, how do we rank the three cities? SLC has to be far bottom but I have no idea between Boston and Miami, or how big the gap between them is.

That's is a myth, I forget who on ESPN said it, I'm guessing Windhorst said it on one of the shows, that this is not a huge thing

Yes if Hayward signs with Miami he'll save a couple million, nothing crazy.
Every player when they travel, pays the tax of that state when they play there
Hayward saves on 41 home games + a couple extra games if no income tax in the state he is playing

So if he's paid $120million for like 4 years, he's not getting that full amount just cause no income tax
Yes he will save some money, not a big negotiation tactic

DDqo6wUVoAA1hx_.jpg:small

Michael Jackson next to Ghandi? WHAT THE FUCK.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Michael Jackson next to Ghandi? WHAT THE FUCK.

3 Assassinated Political Stewards
A drug addict whose handlers never said no
A man who fought too long and got brain damage
2 political prisoners
1 genius
"Hope"

Add it all up together

= Blake Griffin

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Boogs31

Any time you can sign a guard who scores 14 points a game at a sub-400 shooting percentage to a max deal, you gotta do it.

It's his defense that provides his value. He can guard 1's and 2's at a pretty elite level. And he's primarily a 3 point shooter so don't see why the fg% is that concerning to you. He also has shown a knack for being a very clutch shooter. And he's 24 so not only does he still have room for improvement but he fits the Sixers time table as well. Seems like a perfect fit to me.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Iggy cancelled his other FA meetings

It looks like it's rockets or warriors

Fuck yes
If money is mostly the same and all the Rockets have to offer is an extra year I suspect he stays. Definitely gives the Rockets instant credibility if they snag him though.

Boogs31

It makes not much sense for Philly if they want to negotiate and extend Covington and have max space next summer.

Philly won't be offering that deal.

That's a good plan as well but I don't see any glaring holes on the roster other than a long term 2 guard. It's hard to find a guy that is not only a talented player but in the age range they want. J.J. Redick is a nice vet that will be good for the next couple years but he's not a long term answer.

If money is mostly the same and all the Rockets have to offer is an extra year I suspect he stays. Definitely gives the Rockets instant credibility if they snag him though.
Hes met with spurs, rockets, and kings. Apparently spurs was set up on his side, but kings can still offer a bunch

From what I've heard that 3rd year is what is up for debate atm

Jarate

Banned
Fultz
Reddick
Robert Covington
Simmons
Embiid

Holmes
Saric
Timothe Luwawu Cabarot
Nik Stauskas
TJ McConnel

WE DID IT
E

D
I
D

I
T

Iggy most likely used his meeting so far to determine his market value, will meet with the dubs for his counteroffer now

He met with kings, rockets, and spurs and spoke on the phone with the Lakers

Top Bottom