• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

TTG

Some ESPN Nerd said:
Golden State now has $130M in guaranteed contracts that include the three-year, $48M Andre Iguodala contract and $31.8M projected Kevin Durant salary. If the Warriors fill out their roster with minimum contracts their total salaries will be $137.5M with a luxury tax bill of $40.2M

137 versus Cleveland's 127 last year doesn't seem so bad. Curry's super max versus Lebron's 30 is the difference right there. Cavs are already penciled in for 130ish as well. That number will go up.

DDsvLfxXcAEdJUP

beat

Is Durant really gonna take a pay cut now after seeing Steph get that super max?

He's making about $26.5M this year. The two realistic options for his offseason were:

* GS renounces Iguodala and Livingston to clear enough cap space to pay Durant the absolute max they could - about $35.4M

* GS re-signs Iggy and Livingston with Bird Rights, then gives Durant a 20% increase*, so $31.8M. Durant would likely take another one-plus-one (two year contract with a player option) so he could get another raise from GSW next year (20% is enough to take him to the max) and then they could either Early Bird him or he could take one more one-plus-one before going for a super max with GSW having full Bird rights.

Given that GS has already re-signed Iggy and Livingston, option 1 is already off the table. There's no chance GS didn't already talk this over with Durant though. If he was really gunning for the $35.4M option, either GS would have known before or everyone would know by now.

tl;dr: yes, he's going to take a "pay cut". By which we really mean he will get a 20% raise instead of a 33% raise.

* this is the part that I think is relatively new in CBAs? Not sure. I feel like under previous CBAs, a capped-out team couldn't offer a 20% raise to a free agent. I don't know. One-and-ones are relatively new too.

Bread

Banned
"🌴🏆🏆🏆☘️🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🎷🙅🏾*♂️" -@Isaiah_Thomas
Lmao

Ether

but isn't that the whole point? that they didn't give indy anything to go on and indy just went with okc?

That is where Ainge supposedly when wrong, in not laying out a formal offer for them to chew on, with the stipulation that they couldn't finalize until after the got Hayward or some big free agent on board.

But I don't really understand what the rush was for the Pacers to make that deal with OKC.
OKC had nothing super enticing to offer, and PG13 wasn't going anywhere, so they could have waited till later this week to make that trade, and actually got picks and players from Boston.
Unless they really didn't want PG13 to stay in the East out spite or something.

If the 76ers are at 6,7 or 8 by the end of the season you'll see Cleveland avoid them until the conference finals

Embiid x playoff Amir gonna do it

TTG

PJ Tucker to Rockets 4/$32

Is he any good?

That is where Ainge supposedly when wrong, in not laying out a formal offer for them to chew on, with the stipulation that they couldn't finalize until after the got Hayward or some big free agent on board.

But I don't really understand what the rush was for the Pacers to make that deal with OKC.
OKC had nothing super enticing to offer, and PG13 wasn't going anywhere, so they could have waited till later this week to make that trade, and actually got picks and players from Boston.
Unless they really didn't want PG13 to stay in the East out spite or something.

Maybe it's as simple as Indiana think more of Oladipo than we do.

Butler: eliminated first round
George: swept first round
Ainge: made it to the conference finals and shared with the Warriors as the only teams to beat the Cavs in the post season

Ainge did it

PJ Tucker to Rockets 4/$32
Niiiiiice. Hope there's still enough in that MLE or biannual to give Nene a little extra and get him to stay

https://streamable.com/ezoz

Dude is another bulldog on defense. His mentality is like Beverly's too

Butler: eliminated first round
George: swept first round
Ainge: made it to the conference finals and shared with the Warriors as the only teams to beat the Cavs in the post season

Ainge did it
Y'all don't have amir anymore tho

One of my favorite parts of this off-season is seeing Shams Charania going head to head with Woj. The vertical is still relevant with shams

Tucker can also make open 3s, specially from the corner. He's basically a really nice backup for Ariza that can also be played next to Ariza (one of them as the 3, other as a small 4) in crunch time

Iirc he didn't sleep at all or had come straight from a game when he got traded to Toronto and he still went all out his first game. And, in the playoffs, he talked about having no switch because he had never been in the playoffs and just sort of went all out 24/7 (he also got pissed in a motivating way at the other raptors when they seemed sort of resigned after losing game 1 to Milwaukee)

Morey for Ainge and the Brooklyn + Kings picks.

Who says no?

Stay away from dork Elvis

Tbh, Morey probably goes for that. Assets and use of that to help build for a championship are too great.

Sanjuro

it's in the post

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA 6m6 minutes ago
Woj: #Celtics never gave Indiana a “real offer” to decide yes or no on for Paul George. Speculated Boston thought IND was crying wolf on OKC

Everything has indicated Indiana was looking for multiple draft picks.

Which makes no sense for a player like PG.

https://youtu.be/9HDH1wbIi2o

I love this dude already. He was seriously an acquisition I wanted

Feels like a part of bev is back

I remember HOU being interested in him last trade deadline but I figure PHX was asking too much then he went for Sullinger and a bag of chips. For some reason I was thinking he was younger, must be confusing him with TJ Warren.

But like you said that versatility off the bench being able to shift to 4 for small ball lineups is a huge get.

Kickz

@BillSimmons

Prediction: if the Celts don't get Gordon Hayward, they will regroup quickly and try to land Carmelo.
1:31 PM - 1 Jul 2017

Ainge gonna finally spend all the assets on his real target all along, Melooooooooo

Trades gonna be Tatum, Zeller, Brooklyn Pick for Melo and Noah

Ainge doing it

What's Ainge doing not collecting assets? Woj says BOS turned down a S&T involving Amir Johnson for Jahlil Okafor? Did Pritchard break his spirit?

Cornbread78

What's Ainge doing not collecting assets? Woj says BOS turned down a S&T involving Amir Johnson for Jahlil Okafor? Did Pritchard break his spirit?

Either Danny has 2 FA moves in mind and needs max cap space, or Philly would have gotten some kind of trade exception out of it, imo.

Celts need a reliable scorer in the play-offs and Melo will give them that. If I was a C's fan I wouldn't bawk at that depending what kind of deal he signs though

Tom Penny

Celts need a reliable scorer in the play-offs and Melo will give them that. If I was a C's fan I wouldn't bawk at that depending what kind of deal he signs though

At this point the Celtics will pay Gallanari 20 million a year so him in Bradley can combine for 82 games.

Hopefully Hayward stays strong during the meeting when the Jazz front office and his buddy Ingles are in there crying like babies trying to get him to stay.

Top Bottom