• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

50+ wins and you're in!

48 for the 8th

2014 NBA playoffs. The 48 win Phoenix Suns with 3rd team All-NBA Goran Dragic, Eric Bledsoe, PJ Tucker, the Morris twins, Gerald Green, Channing Frye, Ish Smith team misses out on the playoffs (49 win Dallas Mavericks are 8th seed and push the Spurs farther than any other team)

That first round was also incredible

Winners%20Bracket.JPG

This next bracket switches the Mavs and Grizzlies (the Grizzlies went 50-32 that year), but otherwise was good.

Btw

No Banana Boat anymore

Whiteside responds to Isaiah Thomas
Hassan Whiteside said:
2️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣➡️2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣7️⃣☘️💍🌴💍💍💍 🎷🤷🏽*♂️🤷*♀️🤷🏻*♂️

The Bulls got another point guard - Milos Teodosic on a 4 year $48 million deal so long as nothing "unpredictable" happens

Kickz

@MikeAScotto

Sources: Minnesota Timberwolves and Taj Gibson have agreed to a 2-year, $28 million deal.
10:56 AM - 2 Jul 2017

Gibson should bring some of that KG toughness that Towns needs to help him in the paint.

Serge Ibaka on the allegations regarding his age

Also, Taj Gibson is GREAT for the Wolves defensively, and offensively, while he can't shoot 3s, he has a good mid-range. Can play back-up center and power forward. Great pick-up for them.

Shams continues to hold no punches against Woj
Shams Charania said:
Free agent Jodie Meeks has agreed to a two-year, $7 million deal with the Washington Wizards, league sources tell The Vertical.

https://twitter.com/rudygobert27/status/881570428774264832
Rudy Gobert said:
Reste dans ton sport toi
Antoine Griezmann said:
Hayward ✈️ @celtics ��������

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0673192654833456153-4
Ian Begley said:
If the Knicks are looking to open up cap space to offer more money to free agents, they could open up cap space by trading Courtney Lee or Kyle O'Quinn. Of course, they could also open up cap space by trading Carmelo Anthony. Members of the Knicks organization have told people around the league that, at this point, they remain hopeful that they can trade Anthony. The Knicks and Rockets touched base last month on an Anthony deal but the Knicks were not interested in Ryan Anderson, per league sources.

Dammit Phil get back in there!

Also goddammit I just realized OKC has two of the best Harden defenders in the league. At least, even with them intent on keeping Roberson, we can still make him useless by hacking him

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/881561355991601152
David Aldridge said:
Danilo Gallinari to meet with Clippers this evening in L.A. Nuggets still not out of picture, though they’re all in on Millsap.

Timberwolves, Pelicans, Thunder, Spurs, Pelicans, Blazers, Nuggets, Rockets, Warriors, Mavericks, Jazz (?), Clippers

West wtf...

Come on Spurs, sign someone, anyone, even cash considerations!

Iirc Spurs and Thunder are the two main teams we've heard from regarding Rudy Gay

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Seems like everyone loves the Gibson signing.

I'm really conflicted on getting rid of rubio and Lavine. Even though Rubio is a historically bad scorer, he showed signs of improvement, and I think he was one of the top 3-5 Point guards in the league in RAPM because of his amazing defense and court vision. I feel like LaVine was on the verge of becoming an elite scorer too, sort of like a mini Russell Westbrook, and could have easily seen him becoming our second best player next to towns. That's just a hunch though.

I feel like we upgraded our scoring, downgraded our passing and defense in the backcourt, and, with LaVine, got rid of a potential future all NBA player.

I'm really conflicted on getting rid of rubio and Lavine. Even though Rubio is a historically bad scorer, he showed signs of improvement, and I think he was one of the top 3-5 Point guards in the league in RAPM because of his amazing defense and court vision. I feel like LaVine was on the verge of becoming an elite scorer too, sort of like a mini Russell Westbrook, and could have easily seen him becoming our second best player next to towns. That's just a hunch though.

I feel like we upgraded our scoring, downgraded our passing and defense in the backcourt, and, with LaVine, got rid of a potential future all NBA player.

Didn't Lavine just tear his ACL?

Seems like theres a solid chance he won't be as he was anymore.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

He's coming off a torn ACL and -maybe- he turns into the guy... Jimmy Butler already is. Or maybe his game that depended so much on his athleticism takes a step back and he's not even as good as the guy he was last season (which really wasn't even all that good either).

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/881578186764541953
Sam Amick said:
While Danilo Gallinari has not made a decision, Clippers are trying to find a 3rd team w/ cap space for possible sign-and-trade with Denver

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/881527509669609472
Woj said:
Gay is still part of the Clippers focus, too. Clippers plan to meet with Danilo Gallinari and Gay over next two days.

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/881580581875666944
Sam Amick said:
Also on the Danilo Gallinari front, I'm told the Kings are out of that race. A return to Denver is still known to be a possibility.

I think the Nuggets have Gallo's bird rights, so they could get Millsap and then Gallo

Didn't Lavine just tear his ACL?

Seems like theres a solid chance he won't be as he was anymore.

Also a horrific defender. Good shooter though.

Boogs31

Damn Gibson is a great fit for the wolves.

Not at all. They need shooting. This is clearly just Thibs being in love with a former player and over valuing him because he knows him. This is a Doc Rivers type signing if I've ever seen one. There is only two types of big men you should put next to Towns, a guy who can hit 3's to spread the floor or a guy who can protect the rim. Gibson does neither. Gibson is a slightly better version of Dieng and is too old for their time table. The fact that they had 30+ million in salary cap and all they got was Teague and Gibson is an absolute joke. This current rosters ceiling is the second round of the playoffs.

Not at all. They need shooting. This is clearly just Thibs being in love with a former player and over valuing him because he knows him. This is a Doc Rivers type signing if I've ever seen one. There is only two types of big men you should put next to Towns, a guy who can hit 3's to spread the floor or a guy who can protect the rim. Gibson does neither. Gibson is a slightly better version of Dieng and is too old for their time table. The fact that they had 30+ million in salary cap and all they got was Teague and Gibson is an absolute joke. This teams ceiling is the second round of the playoffs.

Gibson can protect the rim and can switch onto players on the perimeter and protect the post. Towns can stretch the floor pretty damn well himself tbh. Gibson can play a good small ball 5, all things considered. He was great for the thunder in the playoffs

Gigglepoo

Not at all. They need shooting. This is clearly just Thibs being in love with a former player and over valuing him because he knows him. This is a Doc Rivers type signing if I've ever seen one. There is only two types of big men you should put next to Towns, a guy who can hit 3's to spread the floor or a guy who can protect the rim. Gibson does neither. Gibson is a slightly better version of Dieng and is too old for their time table. The fact that they had 30+ million in salary cap and all they got was Teague and Gibson is an absolute joke. This current rosters ceiling is the second round of the playoffs.

I agree with everything but the last sentence. I don't see them as one of the West's four best.

Boogs31

Gibson can protect the rim and can switch onto players on the perimeter and protect the post. Towns can stretch the floor pretty damn well himself tbh. Gibson can play a good small ball 5, all things considered. He was great for the thunder in the playoffs

Gibson is the definition of a player that is slightly above average at most things but not great at anything. Calling him a rim protector is being extremely generous (he had 0 blocks in the playoffs that you claim he was great in). He's a tough, physical player that plays hard, but is best suited as an energy guy off the bench. He's not a starting caliber big man.

You know how I listed half the league's point guards ahead of Jeff Teague the other day. Well here's the leagues power forwards that are better than Gibson.

Griffin
Love
Aldridge
Millsap
Ibaka
Morris
Young
Green
Favors
Randolph
Saric
Davis
Nowitski
Williams

So again, you would rather have two average NBA players in Teague and Gibson over say Kyle Lowry? I would rather have Kyle Lowry for 2 years - 30 million per over 2 years of Gibson and 3 years of Teague.

If Hayward stays then I think we know the top 4 in the west barring something unforeseen.

The question is who can avoid that 4 spot. No one wants GSW in round 2.

Boogs31

I agree with everything but the last sentence. I don't see them as one of the West's four best.

I don't mean this year. I'm just saying if everything goes right and they get a ton of more development and chemistry that they could possibly win a first round series next year. I'm not really expecting that to happen though.

Cornbread78

News flash. As it stands now, it's still gonna be GS/CLE in the finals.

Lebron can also take half the year off now because of the barron east..

Top 4 West:
GS
HOU
SA
OKC

Top 4 East
CLE
BOS
WAS
TOR

Nothing changes...

Ahh I see, I think GSW should just let Iggy walk. Dude is on the wrong side of 30 and there will always be a veteran out there willing to take a paycut to go to the current Warriors.

Do you even watch the Warriors? Defensively who are you thinking will come in and fill that spot? Andre is old, yeah...but he's still the third best wing defender and it's due to his arm length..not his feet movement.

I keep hearing people say guys like Rudy Gay or Vince Carter could give the Warriors the same thing.

Wake the F*** up people.

News flash. As it stands now, it's still gonna be GS/CLE in the finals.

Lebron can also take half the year off now because of the barron east..

Top 4 West:
GS
HOU
SA
OKC

Top 4 East
CLE
BOS
WAS
TOR

Nothing changes...

I think most fans probably understand that teams like sa and Boston are thinking 2 - 3 years ahead and the other teams 3-5

Gigglepoo

I don't mean this year. I'm just saying if everything goes right and they get a ton of more development and chemistry that they could possibly win a first round series next year. I'm not really expecting that to happen though.

Out East, Minnesota would be the ECF. Different worlds.

Dragun619

Come on Spurs, sign someone, anyone, even cash considerations!

At this point, They gotta be either waiting to trade LMA to teams that didn't get Milsap or Blake or they're just waiting for most of the money to dry up & sign some decent role players on cheaper contracts.

If we end up with the same team again, then dang, unless LMA goes and delievers an All-Star season, I'm not sure we can make it to the WCF again.

Do you even watch the Warriors? Defensively who are you thinking will come in and fill that spot? Andre is old, yeah...but he's still the third best wing defender and it's due to his arm length..not his feet movement.

I keep hearing people say guys like Rudy Gay or Vince Carter could give the Warriors the same thing.

Wake the F*** up people.

Well damn lol look I don't deny Iggy's impact, dude is a great player, but GS even without him IMO is still far and away the best team in the league so I saw him as an okay loss for them if he didn't resigned with them.

Top Bottom