• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Houston has done a great job of rebuilding their depth after the CP3 trade. Gordon, Nene and Tucker is already a solid bench.

CP3 - Harden
Harden - Gordon
Ariza - Tucker - Troy Williams
Anderson - Ariza/Tucker
Capela - Nene - Onuaku

We still could use more depth, for sure, but it's not bad atm.

Boogs31

CP3 - Harden
Harden - Gordon
Ariza - Tucker - Troy Williams
Anderson - Ariza/Tucker
Capela - Nene - Onuaku

We still could use more depth, for sure, but it's not bad atm.

I know they probably won't do this but I would almost consider starting Tucker at the 4 over Anderson. That would give their starting lineup elite defense. Anderson could boost their second unit offense and his terrible defense wouldn't be as harmful against opposing second units.

TTG

Old busted ass Korver just sent the Cavs into GSW's tax stratosphere, interesting. Shades of Miami signing Granger to appease Lebron somehow.

Boogs31

Old busted ass Korver just sent the Cavs into GSW's tax stratosphere, interesting. Shades of Miami signing Granger to appease Lebron somehow.

They are definitely going to dump Shumpert now. Even if they have to add sweeteners for a team to take him. If they can get off his 10 million, they'll be saving some cash by replacing his 10 with Korvers 7+.

Harp

Gibson is the definition of a player that is slightly above average at most things but not great at anything. Calling him a rim protector is being extremely generous (he had 0 blocks in the playoffs that you claim he was great in). He's a tough, physical player that plays hard, but is best suited as an energy guy off the bench. He's not a starting caliber big man.

You know how I listed half the league's point guards ahead of Jeff Teague the other day. Well here's the leagues power forwards that are better than Gibson.

Griffin
Love
Aldridge
Millsap
Ibaka
Morris
Young
Green
Favors
Randolph
Saric
Davis
Nowitski
Williams

So again, you would rather have two average NBA players in Teague and Gibson over say Kyle Lowry? I would rather have Kyle Lowry for 2 years - 30 million per over 2 years of Gibson and 3 years of Teague.

Lol Only one of those guys meet with the T Wolves, and 90 percent of them are not even on the market. Milsap didnt want to sign so they got Gibson. You can only sign a player that wants to come to your team.

While the NBA's free-agency frenzy kicked off Friday night, signaling the start of the Cleveland Cavaliers' mission to return to a championship level, the team's biggest star is remaining hands-off as he watches the action unfold.

LeBron James is not actively recruiting free agents on behalf of the Cavs as the franchise zeros in on its targets, a league source told ESPN on Saturday.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ly-recruiting-cleveland-cavaliers-free-agency
We have the worst fucking GMs. Lebum doing nothing, Billups out here playing in 3 on 3 basketball leagues....

Dan pls

jbug617

Banned
The Ringer is petty
DDqvV0CW0AELTD0.jpg:small

Boogs31

Lol Only one of those guys meet with the T Wolves, and 90 percent of them are not even on the market. Milsap didnt want to sign so they got Gibson. You can only sign a player that wants to come to your team.

I never made the argument that they should have gotten a better power forward. My stance was they should have gotten one elite player over 2 average players like Teague and Gibson. They could very easily have added Kyle Lowry. Who is a significantly better player than Teague on both ends of the floor. They chose two mediocre players over 1 elite player.

Yeah nick young was good last year to the point that Luke Walton had to reduce his minutes after all star break so the tank could roll on. I hope swaggy signs with the warriors, he put in the work he deserves a chance to compete for the championship.

Fjordson

Damn. I actually wouldn't mind Nick Young.

I don't want to jinx it, but feels like the locker room is solid enough to absorb any personality right now. Could use his bench scoring.

Dunc'd On podcast brought up the idea of a team like the Hawks throwing a 2nd round pick for Okafor and just trying to see what they can get out of him, and it made me think:

Teams in the East that want to tank are gonna needed dedicated tank commanders that suck so much to actually successfully tank next year. Giving Okafor minutes is a perfect way to do that.

jdstorm

Banned
Makes sense Sacramento would offer Porter big money. Could be a chance to block any attempts by Demarcus Cousins to join John Wall in Washington by making it hard for Porter to be traded.

Top Bottom