• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

jdstorm

Banned
Have we heard anything about Hayward?

On a plane back to utah. Baseless speculation suggests Miami is a lock because Dion Waiters is looking for other offers. Waiters loves Miami and the only reason he would be looking around is if Miami didn't have the money to pay him.

Kickz

@wojespn

Sources: Clippers presentation made a strong impression on free agent Danilo Gallinari in Los Angeles today. They've long coveted him.
10:47 PM - 2 Jul 2017

If they were to get Goerge Hill and Gallo, their team wouldn't look that bad

jdstorm

Banned
Blazers offered:

15, 20, 26 + any player of their choosing (no big 3) for George.

So 3 picks that most likely will be role players and 16M worth of bad contracts. What GM wouldn't be jumping at that offer. Thats not a real offer for a star its insulting.

DDyRmstUAAAHHCE

3 ball hogs in Houston...how would that work?

And Melo under Pringle's system again seems not a good fit.

I think it could work pretty well if they just replace Ryan Anderson with Melo.

So 3 picks that most likely will be role players and 16M worth of bad contracts. What GM wouldn't be jumping at that offer. Thats not a real offer for a star its insulting.

Olidipo ain't shit
Dunno who the other guy is
L
I'd take the picks.

Still think Bird was a dumbass for declining if Ainge really offered the Brooklyn pick
Pacers could have easily tanked post all star break and they could have had two top 5 picks or at worse 1 and 5-10

Gigglepoo

Pacers could have easily tanked post all star break and they could have had two top 5 picks or at worse 1 and 5-10

The Pacers thought he would still re-sign back in February. They weren't going to trade George unless they knew he wasn't coming back. That's what small market teams have to do to stay relevant.

jdstorm

Banned
Olidipo ain't shit
Dunno who the other guy is
L

Well ignoring your specific knoweledge of specific players lets look at this objectively.

Both Oladipo and Sabonis are former lottery picks and that usually has some residual value. Oladipo was the 2nd best player on a team that finished higher in the west then the Blazers on a long term deal that Indy thought was fair. Sabonis was a lottery pick that had just completed his rookie season which while not statistically notable had likely been heavily scouted by the Pacers.

The Deal the Pacers recieved contained two known quantities at the NBA level and both were on reasonably team friendly contracts. Oladipo having some college success at IU likely also inflated his value to Indiana.

Portlands best offer was a pair of role players on a team that barely made the playoffs and 3 college players who more likely then not won't be much more then role players.

OKCs offer wasn't all that good, but compared to what Portland and Boston offered it was considerably better.

jdstorm

Banned
Not so sure about that, but I guess he's a considerable upgrade just with his ability to score at any situation.

Melo is also a much better rebounder, passer and defender when motivated. He's been the most "Clutch" player on the last 3 US Olympic teams

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Discounted this year with an option for next year. But he'll opt out and sign a full max next year.

I'm thinking Durant is more likely to leave than Klay getting traded

Wins his rings and go play with a team in the East ala how Lebron did Cleveland, even if it's a sign and trade (GSW would get bird rights by then no?)
Maybe go play ball with Wizards and Wall perhaps down the line as a true Homecoming

I think Steph, Klay, Dray are the 3 pieces of GSW with KD on the side

Fjordson

I'm thinking Durant is more likely to leave than Klay getting traded

Wins his rings and go play with a team in the East ala how Lebron did Cleveland, even if it's a sign and trade (GSW would get bird rights by then no?)
Maybe go play ball with Wizards and Wall perhaps down the line as a true Homecoming

I think Steph, Klay, Dray are the 3 pieces of GSW with KD on the side
Nah, KD will be back. It'll be Klay or Dray when their contracts are up I think.

With he new arena profits Lacob may be willing to spend, but I wouldn't be shocked if Klay or Draymond are gone by 2020.

Nah, KD will be back. It'll be Klay or Dray when their contracts are up I think.

With he new arena profits Lacob may be willing to spend, but I wouldn't be shocked if Klay or Draymond are gone by 2020.

Getting rid of Draymond instead of Klay would be such a stupid move. I also doubt Lacobs willingness to spend that much money.

Hold me

Feigan said D'Antoni would want melo, and I imagine melo would have humbled when going to a team with cp3 and harden already there, meaning Olympic melo

And then DWade is a really likely buy-out candidate for later in the summer.

Come 2018 summer, Houston might have 3/4 of the fucking banana boat already my fucking god

We're gonna win a championship and then get LeBron!

jdstorm

Banned
Warriors will likely just dump Iggy next summer. He will still have lots of value to a young team that needs veteran leadership and if you replace iggy with a mid first round rookie you save around 14M in sallary + Tax payments.

Given the premium GSW can charge on tickets in an affluent area like San Fran and the money they will make off their new Arena, Golden State will likely still turn a profit even with a 250M Payroll

I feel so fucking bad for some of the teams that miss the playoffs next year. Hope the Mavs miss it (they've made it enough times recently, and Dirk plans to play for a few more years, so it won't be his last chance). Hope the Clippers miss out, even if they might have a fun core and I love Beverley and dekker and montrezl and lou.

In general, I really want the Timberwolves, Pelicans, and Nuggets to make the playoffs and have some damn good runs.

Also, fuck it, you think Ryno + 2020 + 2022 1st rounders gets us Melo? We'll send Zhou Qi too or something.

Holy fucking shit Millsap has a team option on his 3rd year. Guaranteed less money than the contracts Noah, Deng, Mozgov, etc, all signed last year. Wtf.

That team option is fucking ridiculous. My god.

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/881740336116137984
Kevin O'Connor said:
Expect the Nuggets to pursue free agent point guard George Hill, if they can dump salary (like Kenneth Faried & Darrell Arthur), per source.

On when to expect Hayward news
Steve Bulpett said:
There are reports Hayward plans to make his decision known by tomorrow or Wednesday, but a source close to the player said he could let teams know his decision as early as tonight [Monday night].

Ronin Ray

Hold me

Feigan said D'Antoni would want melo, and I imagine melo would have humbled when going to a team with cp3 and harden already there, meaning Olympic melo

And then DWade is a really likely buy-out candidate for later in the summer.

Come 2018 summer, Houston might have 3/4 of the fucking banana boat already my fucking god

We're gonna win a championship and then get LeBron!

You will get lazy non playing Defense Melo and you will like it

Anth0ny

melo would make cavs or houston worse

but if you're houston you might as well yolo cause you ain't getting out of the second round with "just" harden and cp3

TTG

Good

Klay should leave next year.

They just signed Iggy in a way that spells out resigning Klay is the plan. Durant and Curry aren't going anywhere, Draymond is locked in for 3 more years.

Most of all, you can count the number of espn people that actually have a good idea of the financials on one hand. Remember when Miami was putting their team together, the talk started as "10 million left on the table!" and the number went up to 60 somehow as everyone was trying to one up each other. Now some dope decided it's gonna be 400 in 2021.

They just signed Iggy in a way that spells out resigning Klay is the plan. Durant and Curry aren't going anywhere, Draymond is locked in for 3 more years.

Most of all, you can count the number of espn people that actually have a good idea of the financials on one hand. Remember when Miami was putting their team together, the talk started as "10 million left on the table!" and the number went up to 60 somehow as everyone was trying to one up each other. Now some dope decided it's gonna be 400 in 2021.

Signing Klay in that off-season means that the Warriors can't sign Draymond the next off-season. Or maybe they can sign both, but not with Iggy's current deal, which would mean Iggy needs to be traded after his 2nd year. I forget the specific details of it all.

https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/881737103310077952
Daryl Morey said:
Our hard at work staff is still searching for this - the @astros found it so I am confident we can - we are 8128 pages in...
5 minutes before the next CBA kicks in Daryl Morey will find a loophole to trade the Rockets into the Eastern Conference

Rockets confirmed for the finals, LeBron will join our team to keep kicking the East's ass.

Top Bottom