• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Guess I was wrong then? I thought you had to keep your own.

I think the rule is you can't go consecutive years w/o a 1st. That's how the Celtics got 3 straight 1's from BKN. One of them was a right to swap (this year), so basically BKN goes 3 years w/o their own 1st, but still got Boston's this year, so it's not against the rules. Still stupid, but legal.

Admodieus

I think the rule is you can't go consecutive years w/o a 1st. That's how the Celtics got 3 straight 1's from BKN. One of them was a right to swap (this year), so basically BKN goes 3 years w/o their own 1st, but still got Boston's this year, so it's not against the rules. Still stupid, but legal.

The swap part I understand, but in this scenario, I thought that the Sixers could trade the Lakers pick next year, but not their own pick as long as they're including #3 this year. But if the rule just states you have to have at least one first round pick every other year, then they could theoretically just make a deal saying Boston gets the better of their two picks next year (which is what the poster I originally replied to proposed).

Tom Penny

If Bulls are down with next years Lakers pick for Butler..sign Hayward..maybe they got something going. Still not beating GS...

Tall4Life

This is my nightmare scenario for this possible trade.

1. Sixers pick Fultz of course, Lakers pick Jackson instead of Ball, we pick Ball. He busts hard.
2. The 2018 pick is from the Lakers, right? They turn things around with Jackson enough and that pick becomes like a #9 or something.
3. 2019 pick from the Kings? They have two top 10 picks this year, they turn things around enough and we get another lower pick.

We still have the 2018 Brooklyn pick, but fuck I don't really trust us to draft that well in those lower positions. I don't know guys.

LionPride

Banned
Ball is probs gon be the best PG from the draft, and that's saying a lot because I think most of these dudes from Fultz to Monte fucking Morris have the potential to solidify roles on the league for years

He's definitely not the best rn tho

Bread

Banned
Sam AmickVerified account @sam_amick said:
Sense from involved parties in Boston-Philly talks is Cs are all in. Checking physicals, poised to give No. 1 for package centered on No. 3
jesus fuck this is gonna happen

Tall4Life

jesus fuck this is gonna happen

image.php

Supposedly Jackson's 2nd workout with LA didn't go so well, but Fultz amazed Magic and now he wants to try and move up to take Markell's too. Shit just got craY.

I don't like the idea if it's just picks. I mean you'd expect both the Lakers and 76ers to improve this year, so we're basically trading Fultz for #3 and a low lottery pick next year it sounds like?

If Danny is really going all in for Jimmy butler just wow. Mortgaging the future just for the pleasure of having the Warriors wax your ass in the Finals? Danny should be planning for 3 years from now.

Tall4Life

Supposedly Jackson's 2nd workout with LA didn't go so well, but Fultz amazed Magic and now he wants to try and move up to take Markell's too. Shit just got craY.
If we move down and get Jackson then I'm more ok with this... I just don't want to take a chance on Ball

he could be like Paul Pierce who was a hardcore Lakers fan but became a Celtics legend, but he's one massive question mark

Bread

Banned
If Danny is really going all in for Jimmy butler just wow. Mortgaging the future just for the pleasure of having the Warriors wax your ass in the Finals? Danny should be planning for 3 years from now.
I don't believe it. He'll get Butler and George if he's going all in.

Tom Penny

When I hear shit like this I just think incompetence. Your scouts should have been looking at these kids since Jr High. One workout and you throw away your draft board lol

Bread

Banned
Sixers move up to 1, take Jackson.
Lakers take Ball
Celtics take Fultz at 3 and have 6 lottery picks next year.

Now who's doing it?

Top Bottom