• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Tom Penny

.@ZachLowe_NBA said on SportsCenter about trade: "terms are essentially agreed on..this is really likely to happen." BOS gets one future 1.

Lebron for next years Lakers pick..Ainge fleecing mother fuckers.

Chase17

I think Ainge is being greedy here. You have to take Lauri at 1, can't roll the dice with him still being there at 3.

I think Ainge is being greedy here. You have to take Lauri at 1, can't roll the dice with him still being there at 3.

Lauri Legend next to Kelly Olynyk would just dominate the league. Put the Swedish Larry Bird at SF and who can stop those 3s from flying?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
This sounds like a really foolish move by the Celtics. Who's to say the 76ers don't win 30-35 games next year and that pick turns in to a mid teens selection? Unless Danny wants Jackson anyway then I guess it's a solid strategy to aquire an additional pick.

Tom Penny

This sounds like a really foolish move by the Celtics. Who's to say the 76ers don't win 30-35 games next year and that pick turns in to a mid teens selection? Unless Danny wants Jackson anyway then I guess it's a solid strategy to aquire an additional pick.

I don't think Philly can trade their pick. It's Lakers or Sacramento pick.

Steve Kyler said it's #3, Lakers 2018 and future 1st from Philly is the discussion

The Lakers pick is unprotected, right? If they suck ass this season, which they are very likely to, it could be a top 5 pick in what looks like a loaded draft. And they already have the Nets pick, which would be close to the top as well. I'm warming up to it! Do it Danny, Fultz look like a stoner anyway.

beat

The Lakers pick is unprotected, right? If they suck ass this season, which they are very likely to, it could be a top 5 pick in what looks like a loaded draft. And they already have the Nets pick, which would be close to the top as well. I'm warming up to it! Do it Danny, Fultz look like a stoner anyway.

Every draft is loaded until it's not.

Tom Penny

I dunno. Only way you do this is if you think Ball Fultz and Josh Jackson are equal. If you fuck up it's a legendary fuck up.

Slizeezyc

I would say I think it still does make sense for Ainge if he really doesn't want to make these picks anyway. The moment a draft pick actually becomes a player, the pick is less valuable and Ainge knows that (so does everyone). So if you can say to a team, look we have both the Lakers AND Nets picks next year, and you can get them both, it makes it a lot more palatable for a team to go back to their fans and owners and say we're rebuilding tomorrow this way. You can give out two high picks in the same draft and push another team well on their way to a rebuild right away while also getting your George/Butler/AD or whomever.

jbug617

Banned
That's true, but even considering that, if Danny legit thinks Jackson is as good as Fultz then adding another really good pick to take the guy he likes is not bad value.

There is not guarantee Jackson will be there at 3. Lakers really like him too. You have to be comfortable in taking Ball or Tatum.

xfactor99

Man I would not want to trade down from 1 to 3 in this particular draft. Fultz looks like he's going to be Lillard level playmaker and shooter, (hopefully James Harden level if you're optimistic).

Josh Jackson shot 56.6% from the FT line. In college. There's a good chance he never becomes a good enough shooter and if so you've got a big bust on your hands.

phanphare

Banned
the C's probably saw Lebron average a triple double in the finals against a juggernaut of a team and decided to delay Operation Father Time an extra season or two

Tom Penny

My sources tell me Ainge is doing this because once they get Anthony Davis with picks Hayward has agreed to a handshake deal to sign with them.

LionPride

Banned
Already fuckin have Brown

Wanna take some fucking douchenozzle SF who ain't shit instead of a 19 year old PG who can replace your damn near 30 year old PG you gon have to max out

Lol

Cornbread78

There's no tables I can flip here.

This is fucking stupid Danny. Enough with the fucking assets bullshit.

If we still have no shot fir another 3-4 years, at least make shit fun with what you have. What, you gonna draft 3 more guys to stash overseas again next year? Ugghh, fuck this.

It was fate all along.

DCeaTWPXYAELHK4.jpg

Top Bottom