• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

spyder_ur

Tatum>Fultz. Fultz just does not have that clutch gene.

Both Tatum and Fultz looked awesome. Remarkable polish for rookies

FZZ

Banned
DD0zmBQUAAAm5hv.jpg:medium

It's happening brehs

July 7th gonna be lit

Orlando league whack

jdstorm

Banned
At least 3 since IT, Bradley and Horford are very safe bets. IT is also the best of them all. Nobody is underrating the Jazz, they have a fantastic team. So does Boston.

Say you have 4 guards. 2 SFs and 4 Bigs.

Guards you have IT Rubio Hood and Burks. Bradley misses out because he's a 6'3 3 and D Guard. You could maybe talk me into Bradley over Rubio but i would give it to Rubio because he is a much more cerebral passer.

Bigs Gobert Horford then pick your poison. Favors is the best of the rest if healthy the 4th best guy would have been Olynik but he just got waived. I would probably go with Bolomboy over the rest of the celtics bigs just because he is athletic

SF. Hayward and then your choice of Ingles/Johnson/Crowder. All are flawed but Ingles is probably the best of that group. JJ is too old and Crowder is considered valuable because he is an average/mediocre player on a really good contract, not because he is actually a good player. If he made 12M a year he's just another guy no one remembers. Like whoever is starting SF in New Orleans.

Boogs31

You guys are really underating Utah. Especially Alec Burks. Im not fully sold on them but if you made a combination team out of Utah and Boston right now only 2 Celtics are making the 9 man rotation. (Assuming Hayward counts as neither)

Bradley is better than Burks, especially given the injury history Burks has. But even when you add Bradley, only 3 of the top 9 would be Celtics players.

Slizeezyc

That Danny Ainge, what a GENIUS!

Got the guy he would have picked first at third, got his assets, and was already proven here tonight that he got the better player. Now when he gets the first and second pick in the draft next year, it will be the culmination of his god-status.

Guards you have IT Rubio Hood and Burks. Bradley misses out because he's a 6'3 3 and D Guard. You could maybe talk me into Bradley over Rubio but i would give it to Rubio because he is a much more cerebral passer.

Bigs Gobert Horford then pick your poison. Favors is the best of the rest if healthy the 4th best guy would have been Olynik but he just got waived. I would probably go with Bolomboy over the rest of the celtics bigs just because he is athletic

SF. Hayward and then your choice of Ingles/Johnson/Crowder. All are flawed but Ingles is probably the best of that group. JJ is too old and Crowder is considered valuable because he is an average/mediocre player on a really good contract, not because he is actually a good player. If he made 12M a year he's just another guy no one remembers. Like whoever is starting SF in New Orleans.

Avery Bradley is a better basketball player than Burks and Hood, come on man (he's better than Rubio as well). Crowder is also probably better than both, but at least Bradley is easily better. Ingles is not better than Crowder and also don't forget Jaylen Brown as well. You're underrating Boston.

spyder_ur

Guards you have IT Rubio Hood and Burks. Bradley misses out because he's a 6'3 3 and D Guard.

I'm not sure what to tell you if you think Hood or Burks is as good of a player as Bradley.

No he didn't.

Rest isn't really worth addressing, honestly. I think the Jazz and Celtics are pretty comparable teams, honestly, but much of this is silly.

God damn Dion. Always ahead of the game.

jdstorm

Banned
Avery Bradley is a better basketball player than Burks and Hood, come on man. Crowder is also probably better than both, but at least Bradley is easily better. Ingles is not better than Crowder and also don't forget Jaylen Brown as well. You're underrating Boston.

Maybe. We all have our blindspots.

If we are counting Brown and Tatum you also have to count Exum and Mitchell. None have proven much and I'm really high on Mitchell so i consider that a push.

As for bradley, he's good but he's 6'3. I'm pretty biased against undersized SGs. Burks was really good in flashes. So I'm taking him if push comes to shove. Exum probably makes a leap and is better then both this year anyway assuming Utah realise he is a SG. If Brown also makes a leap you could probably fit him in at backup SF. So Utah still has a 6-3 lead.

Boogs31

Gobert
IT
Bradley
Horford
Favors
Rubio
Hood
Crowder
Ingles

I count 4.

Crowder is not better than Ingles or Johnson IMO.

Crowder is an extremely limited offensive player. Ingles and Johnson are better shooters, passers and can run a pick and roll.

I would set the team up like this.

IT/Rubio
Bradley/Hood
Ingles
Horford/Johnson
Gobert/Favors

Crowder would be backup 3 and 10th man.

I don't get the feeling that some of you know much about the Jazz at all. Which is fine, but you shouldn't be acting like experts.

This shit it ridiculous though.

I don't think any one is underrating Utah the last three pages have been comparing them to a 1 seed in the East. I think they'll have another 50+ wins season but I think 10 gm difference (more likely 7 gm difference had Nurkic played) can be made up by Portland with a full season with Nurkic. You're probably taking about a few games being the difference between having home court in the first rd and facing HOU/SAS as the 6th seed.

Boogs31

I don't think any one is underrating Utah the last three pages have been comparing them to a 1 seed in the East. I think they'll have another 50+ wins season but I think 10 gm difference (more likely 7 gm difference had Nurkic played) can be made up by Portland with a full season with Nurkic. You're probably taking about a few games being the difference between having home court in the first rd and facing HOU/SAS as the 6th seed.

You're making the assumption that what Portland did in the final 20 games can translate to an entire season. That's easier said than done. And Portland finished the 2015-16 season well so it might not be just a Nurkic thing that led to the solid finish last year.

jdstorm

Banned

Its much easier to get 50 wins when you play the Sixers, Knicks and Nets a combined 12 times a year.

]
If we are counting Brown and Tatum you also have to count Exum and Mitchell. None have proven much and I'm really high on Mitchell so i consider that a push.]

This is not true, Brown was much more productive last year than Exum ever was and if you count Mitchell you need to count TatuMVP. You're talking as if Exum and Brown were comparable. They're not.

Crowder is not better than Ingles or Johnson IMO.

Crowder is an extremely limited offensive player. Ingles and Johnson are better shooters, passers and can run a pick and roll.

I would set the team up like this.

IT/Rubio
Bradley/Hood
Ingles
Horford/Johnson
Gobert/Favors

Crowder would be backup 3 and 10th man.

Crowder: 13.9 PPG last season with a TS% of .613
Ingles: 7.1 PPG last season with a TS% of .604

Ingles is a better defender but not by much at all.

Boogs31

Crowder: 13.9 PPG last season with a TS% of .613
Ingles: 7.1 PPG last season with a TS% of .604

Ingles is a better defender but not by much at all.

Crowder plays more minutes on Boston than Ingles on Utah. Crowder - 32 minutes. Ingles - 24.

Crowder had a career year shooting in the regular season last year. I trust Ingles shooting because he's been a good shooter for multiple seasons. Crowder is a career 34% 3pt shooter.

Crowder plays more minutes on Boston than Ingles on Utah. Crowder - 32 minutes. Ingles - 24.

Crowder had a career year shooting in the regular season last year. I trust Ingles shooting because he's been a good shooter for multiple seasons.

Did I put Exum or Mitchell over Brown? I don't think I did.

Crowder per 36: 15.4 PPG
Ingles per 36: 10.6 PPG

Shooting at a better clip, no less. I wouldn't say he had a career year, he has improved his shooting in every year basically. So has Ingles, but he's also 3 years older than Crowder so his ceiling is likely lower.

And the Exum bit was to another poster.

jdstorm

Banned
This is not true, Brown was much more productive last year than Exum ever was and if you count Mitchell you need to count TatuMVP. You're talking as if Exum and Brown were comparable. They're not.

Both Brown and Exum averaged just under 20MPG last season.

Exum had 6.2/2/1.7
Brown had 6.6/2.8/0.8

How is that "Much" more productive. At best its one extra rebound which Exum isn't getting because he plays with on a team with Rudy Gobert.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Exum had 6.2/2/1.7
Brown had 6.6/2.8/0.8

How is that "Much" more productive. At best its one extra rebound which Exum isn't getting because he plays with on a team with Rudy Gobert.

Exum was over 20mpg and shot 34%

You're making the assumption that what Portland did in the final 20 games can translate to an entire season. That's easier said than done. And Portland finished the 2015-16 season well so it might not be just a Nurkic thing that led to the solid finish last year.
That's true all you can do is assume. I assume Utah will be healthier too? That division will be much closer next year than it was this year, you could have all three 50+ and seeding decided by division record.
Its much easier to get 50 wins when you play the Sixers, Knicks and Nets a combined 12 times a year.
um.. yeah? I don't know what your point is here was someone arguing otherwise and I missed it?

Boogs31

Crowder per 36: 15.4 PPG
Ingles per 36: 10.6 PPG

Shooting at a better clip, no less. I wouldn't say he had a career year, he has improved his shooting in every year basically. So has Ingles, but he's also 3 years older than Crowder so his ceiling is likely lower.

And the Exum bit was to another poster.

Crowder 3 pt%
Year 1 - 33
Year 2 - 33
Year 3 - 30
Year 4 - 28
Year 5 - 33.5
Year 6 - 40

Where is this consistent growth you're talking about?
Seems to me he's a low 30% guy that had a career year last year.

Exum had 6.2/2/1.7
Brown had 6.6/2.8/0.8

It was Brown's rookie year and he had better numbers than Exum who was drafted in 2014.

Top Bottom