• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

jdstorm

Banned
Jamal in an Atlanta uniform is going to be really strange... who am I kidding, I'm not watching a minute of the East next year.

Bucks might get Rose. If they do they will be appointment viewing.

Rose Middleton Parker Giannis and Maker could be insanely good. Especially since Parker learned to shoot last year. If Giannis' 3pt shooting also improves. Thats now the most athletic team in the NBA with Unlimited spacing and a PG who can trigger them.

mjp2417

Banned
Jamal in an Atlanta uniform is going to be really strange... who am I kidding, I'm not watching a minute of the East next year.

Philly is probably the single most interesting regular season team this year
for 10 games before everyone gets hurt

mjp2417

Banned

Rose Middleton Parker Giannis and Maker could be insanely good. Especially since Parker learned to shoot last year. If Giannis' 3pt shooting also improves. Thats now the most athletic team in the NBA with Unlimited spacing and a PG who can trigger them.

Rose is like maybe the single worst point guard imaginable to pair with Giannis

J crossover is probably going to get bought out by Atlanta. What team do you think he ll sign with? Somewhere on the east is probably best for him

mjp2417

Banned
J crossover is probably going to get bought out by Atlanta. What team do you think he ll sign with? Somewhere on the east is probably best for him

He's 37 years old and can't play defense....

9263646-large.jpg

Minny could use someone who can shoot past 20 ft... and a bench.

Utah may or may not be missing some scoring.

Not sure I can name NOP's starting SG

He'll probably end up who ever has the most money available after guys like Waiters, Gay, KCP, Otto Porter make their decision. Like Wiz might be interested if they don't match Porter.

Boogs31

Minny could use someone who can shoot past 20 ft... and a bench.

Utah may or may not be missing some scoring.

Not sure I can name NOP's starting SG

He'll probably end up who ever has the most money available after guys like Waiters, Gay, KCP, Otto Porter make their decision. Like Wiz might be interested if they don't match Porter.

Utah has plenty of guards with Rubio, Burks, Exum, Mitchell, and Hood. That's not even factoring in Hayward returning.

I like the Pelicans idea. Moore is their starter but he's more a 3 and D guy. Crawford would compliment him nicely. That is if New Orleans even has any money to offer after the Holiday signing.

mjp2417

Banned
MCW, Rubio and Rondo would be way worse

I'd definitely take Rubio and would at least consider Rondo over him. Rubio is a much better defender and somehow provides better spacing (>30% vs. <22% from 3). He is also, obviously, an elite passer. He's not a perfect fit, but he isn't going to actively impede your young core's development in any way. Rondo is a bad fit in just about every way, but his perimeter shooting and defense is still better than Rose's. And at least MCW would be dirt cheap. Rose is a tire fire on defense and actively hurts your young core's offensive development if he is your starting point guard. He only makes sense as a cheap deal in a bench role at this point unless your franchise is a catastrophe like the Knicks. If the Bucks could get him for something like the MLE then maybe, but otherwise yikes.

Jarate

Banned
I'd definitely take Rubio and would at least consider Rondo over him. Rubio is a much better defender and somehow provides better spacing (>30% vs. <22% from 3). He is also, obviously, an elite passer. He's not a perfect fit, but he isn't going to actively impede your young core's development in any way. Rondo is a bad fit in just about every way, but his perimeter shooting and defense is still better than Rose's. And at least MCW would be dirt cheap. Rose is a tire fire on defense and actively hurts your young core's offensive development if he is your starting point guard. He only makes sense as a cheap deal in a bench role at this point unless your franchise is a catastrophe like the Knicks. If the Bucks could get him for something like the MLE then maybe, but otherwise yikes.

Yeah you're right, I forgot Rubio improved his shooting last year

Feel so bad for Rose though

I am done with the Cs after Danny botched this off-season and if they trade away firsts to get rid of Henson/Teletovich/Hawes just to get the tattered remains of Rose like they are considering I am done with the Bucks as well.

This would be the Vasquez trade all over again. An awful win now move that didn't make sense at the time and won't make make sense afterwards when Rose spends most of the season on the sidelines like Vasquez.

You just wasted all your future assets in a classic eastern conference mismanagement move.

jdstorm

Banned
I am done with the Cs after Danny botched this off-season and if they trade away firsts to get rid of Henson/Teletovich/Hawes just to get the tattered remains of Rose like they are considering I am done with the Bucks as well.

This would be the Vasquez trade all over again. An awful win now move that didn't make sense at the time and won't make make sense afterwards when Rose spends most of the season on the sidelines like Vasquez.

You just wasted all your future assets in a classic eastern conference mismanagement move.

To be honest. I would be shocked to see Rose get more then the MLE. Who's going to pay him more? Right now 14 teams have more then the MLE to spend, but only 4 are possibly looking for a point guard. Rose's non MLE options are essentially the Knicks or Orlando and its possible that neither would want him.

It didn't even occur to me that Milwaukee would be trading a first to dump salary because i thought Rose had no value. Milwaukee need a fast/athletic PG, but shouldn't be spending money over the MLE. Just get Ian Clark in Free Agency.

The only potentially availiable PG that Milwaukee should even consider giving up a first round pick for is CJ McCollum.

To be honest. I would be shocked to see Rose get more then the MLE. Who's going to pay him more? Right now 14 teams have more then the MLE to spend, but only 4 are possibly looking for a point guard. Rose's non MLE options are essentially the Knicks or Orlando and its possible that neither would want him.

It didn't even occur to me that Milwaukee would be trading a first to dump salary because i thought Rose had no value. Milwaukee need a fast/athletic PG, but shouldn't be spending money over the MLE. Just get Ian Clark in Free Agency.

The only potentially availiable PG that Milwaukee should even consider giving up a first round pick for is CJ McCollum.

Celtics after missing Hayward.

They need scoring. Thomas may be out months with a hip injury. One year 15 mil.

Tall4Life

Hayward waited until July 4th to announce his decision?

July 4th. America's birthday.

Philadelphia.

FUCK he's signing with the sixers isnt he

Hayward is basically a piece for a potential big 3 or 4. Celtics still getting that work because their 2nd best player and scoring option would be 5'11 with shoes on. IT couldn't even get to the paint last year.

Top Bottom