• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Doomsayer

1. He should of put up better numbers tbh
2. His jumper and KD's ain't that dissimilar

I'm sick of seeing comps to JKidd though. Just because the nigga a lighty from California doesn't mean he Kidd. His game is nothing like Kidd's.

I just don't see it, honestly. I can get behind his passing, which is good, but he has major red flags to me.

He is nothing comparable to Kidd, I agree.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Nigga what

Where does that baffoon who would be a beast 15 years ago go? Chicago? Please not Boston, I relatively like them despite hating their city.

Agreed, hopefully KAT improves defensively. He's only what? 21.

This notion that okay or could've been a beast years ago? Nah I don't buy it. He doesn't play defense at all.

LionPride

Banned
I just don't see it, honestly. I can get behind his passing, which is good, but he has major red flags to me.

He is nothing comparable to Kidd, I agree.
Only red flags to me are his defense and his pull up jumper

Standing still he's fine
This notion that okay or could've been a beast years ago? Nah I don't buy it. He doesn't play defense at all.
Elton Brand
Eddy Curry

Oak coulda fit in there

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Only red flags to me are his defense and his pull up jumper

Standing still he's fine

Elton Brand
Eddy Curry

See I don't consider them beasts,like at all. Brand? Maybe, he racked in blocks and rebounds. curry? not even close. Okafor also can't really rebound or block very well which is strange given his size. He just doesn't care.

LionPride

Banned
There's also his size and overall 3 point shooting.
He...he's 6'5 and was a great 3 point shooter...

See I don't consider them beasts,like at all. Brand? Maybe, he racked in blocks and rebounds. curry? not even close. Okafor also can't really rebound or block very well which is strange given his size. He just doesn't care.
But he woulda fit in, beast is overusing it but he woulda been an all star probably. Man just sucks tho

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

But he woulda fit in, beast is overusing it but he woulda been an all star probably. Man just sucks tho

Yeah he definitely could've fit in a curry role, which isn't saying much, but the knicks would still be there to overpay for him.

Sweet baby Jesus the idea of having Butler playing in a team with actual floor spacing and an offensive plan is a basketball dream.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Sweet baby Jesus the idea of having Butler playing in a team with actual floor spacing and an offensive plan is a basketball dream.

Fuck that, balky knees, diva attitude, close to 30? He's not getting us by the warriors, heLL not even the Cavs. Why give up your future for another conference finals exit? Build towards the future when this warriors team is cooling and LeBron is winding down. This warriors team took a lot of things falling their way, unlikely we'll see anything on this level ever again.

LionPride

Banned
Fuck that, balky knees, diva attitude, close to 30? He's not getting us by the warriors, heLL not even the Cavs. Why give up your future for another conference finals exit? Build towards the future when this warriors team is cooling and LeBron is winding down. This warriors team took a lot of things falling their way, unlikely we'll see anything on this level ever again.
I'd be a diva too if I had to deal with that shitty ass FO the Bulls have.

Sandfox

I thought you were talking about Fox for some reason.

Statistically Ball was a good defender in college and his half court issues are more of a sample size thing due to how UCLA played so we don't really know how he is there.

Ball mainly scores off threes, cuts, and at the rim aka the most efficient ways to score.

LionPride

Banned
I thought you were talking about Fox for some reason.

Statistically Ball was a good defender in college and his half court issues are more of a sample size thing due to how UCLA played so we don't really know how he is there.

Ball mainly scores off threes, cuts, and at the rim aka the most efficient ways to score.
Statistics? Bruh my eyes tell me defensively he and Dame may be equals

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If we are trading I hope we take Jackson or Tatum, then go in next year hoping to land one or even 2 of those top 5. Love ayton, bamba, doncic, and Porter. Tons of talent and physical monsters there.

His coach is a moron, he plays in a shit team that's run by complete idiots. Not sure about his knees, but he'd be the best player in Boston by a ridiculous amount. He's younger than Curry and Durant, not sure how age is a caveat. And he could be a building block towards getting past the Cavs, seriously the second Lebron slows down just a bit that team is fucked. No team is getting past the current Warriors squad fully healthy, but injuries do happen and shit changes. Who knows. Tough to call coming out of this draft with Jackson, Butler and the 2018 Nets pick anything but a success.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
His coach is a moron, he plays in a shit team that's run by complete idiots. Not sure about his knees, but he'd be the best player in Boston by a ridiculous amount. He's younger than Curry and Durant, not sure how age is a caveat. And he could be a building block towards getting past the Cavs, seriously the second Lebron slows down just a bit that team is fucked. No team is getting past the current Warriors squad fully healthy, but injuries do happen and shit changes. Who knows. Tough to call coming out of this draft with Jackson, Butler and the 2018 Nets pick anything but a success.

Because by the time they're at an age to decline Butler will be on the tail end.

jbug617

Banned
This could be the play
@NBADraftWass: Hearing this could wind up being a 3-team trade between Philadelphia-Boston-Chicago including Butler, Okafor and lots of picks

I think:

Boston wants to end up with #3 and Butler.
Philly gets #1
Chicago gets Okafor and future picks (Bos and Phi got a lot of future picks)

LionPride

Banned
He defended Fultz pretty well in their head to head

I don't think y'all know what the eye test is lmao
My eyes watched Lonzo play

Defensively he doesn't move well laterally, he isn't the fastest player. Like these are things your eyes can tell you

Those are effective ways to score but ones you expect from a role player
I ain't know Harden was a role player

Hitta reincarnated

FZZ

Banned
Lateral quickness is def something he struggles with and has been pointed out before , but in other areas he's fine. Lateral quickness isn't all there is to defense

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
My eyes watched Lonzo play

Defensively he doesn't move well laterally, he isn't the fastest player. Like these are things your eyes can tell you

I ain't know Harden was a role player

Hitta reincarnated

Somehow this still isn't stupid enough to reach hitta levels

LionPride

Banned
Lateral quickness is def something he struggles with and has been pointed out before , but in other areas he's fine. Lateral quickness is all there is for defense
Like, he may have the Westbrook problem. Has ability to be an actual good defender, but just gambles and refuses to keep his man in front of him

Somehow this still isn't stupid enough to reach hitta levels
I miss him and his takes troll or not

mjp2417

Banned
Because by the time they're at an age to decline Butler will be on the tail end.

You would still have a young core of Jackson, Jaylen, and the 2018 Nets pick that would be just hitting their prime at that point. If you could come away from this draft with Jimmy Butler and Josh Jackson and still keep next year's Nets pick I think you have to seriously consider it.

Sandfox

Those are effective ways to score but ones you expect from a role player
Lonzo is just a weird and polarizing prospect. He doesn't play the way people expect when you think of a good NBA guard, but he's historically efficient and is good at the things the NBA is trending towards.

Maybe. Listen, I'm a huge Fultz fan and I think he's going to be a grade A superstar. I'm trying to talk myself into having a positive view here lol.

Don't do it Danny, Butler isn't gonna get you past the Cavs.

Not sure I agree here, I could see the Cavs regressing a bit next year. It's obviously not a sure thing because Lebron, but at some point in the near future it is happening, their window is significantly shorter than the Warriors.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You would still have a young core of Jackson, Jaylen, and the 2018 Nets pick that would be just hitting their prime at that point. If you could come away from this draft with Jimmy Butler and Josh Jackson and still keep next year's Nets pick I think you have to seriously consider it.

The result is still the same. You lose in the conference finals.

Random question, but how do you guys think Prime Orlando Dwight Howard would fare in today's shooter era? I know it hasn't even been a decade yet but it seems like today's game is different then it was a couple of years ago.

LionPride

Banned
Random question, but how do you guys think Prime Orlando Dwight Howard would fare in today's shooter era? I know it hasn't even been a decade yet but it seems like today's game is different then it was a couple of years ago.
Give him better shooters than a roided up Lewis, Turk, Skip to my Lou, Pietrus, and that team could get to the finals

Watching footage of young Dwight...that broaf shouldered, teenage girl fucking sumbitch was a beast. Caught the very tail end of his prime.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Give him better shooters than a roided up Lewis, Turk, Skip to my Lou, Pietrus, and that team could get to the finals

Watching footage of young Dwight...that broaf shouldered, teenage girl fucking sumbitch was a beast. Caught the very tail end of his prime.

My mom had such a crush on him it was hilarious watching her swoon over someone. That being said those shooters we're deadly the year they went to the finals. If KG hadn't blown his knee they wouldn't have got that far though.

Cornbread78

I thought Okafor would be going to Chicago in this trade
either way Zizic would likely be our center, Hayward would fit in somewhere, move Horford to a different position

Gotcha.

Understandable given how well he played this year.
Idk Butler's contract is part of the appeal. Besides okafor would not be here.

Yeah, they can cut loose from it next year and have abosolutly nothing though...

So, more like:

IT
Butler
Hayward
Horford
Zizac

Bradley/Brown off the bench.

Top Bottom