• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Slizeezyc

If I'm the C's I'd rather give up Rozier and Djax plus a middling pick to a team with cap space rather than give Jae up for nothing. The guy is valuable.

According to all the cap experts I check in on, the money situation doesn't quite work that way, especially because you have the Yabusele cap hold right now since he hasn't agreed to be stashed an extra year. The Celtics would have too much in guaranteed money and cap holds in such a way where just trading Rozier, having the small dead cap hit for Demetrius Jackson, and tossing Mickey aside doesn't get you all the way there if Hayward is taking the full max for his first-year salary.

That's why at the start I always heard it would be Smart + all the stuff you're saying originally to get the Gordon contract to fit. Now IF Yabu agrees to be stashed again, then you can I think just barely make it work with what you're saying.

Danny needs to call up his old pal Morey if he needs to dump some salary. Got a bunch of NGC and a 2020 1srt rd pick to add to your asset trove.

According to all the cap experts I check in on, the money situation doesn't quite work that way, especially because you have the Yabusele cap hold right now since he hasn't agreed to be stashed an extra year. The Celtics would have too much in guaranteed money and cap holds in such a way where just trading Rozier, having the small dead cap hit for Demetrius Jackson, and tossing Mickey aside doesn't get you all the way there if Hayward is taking the full max for his first-year salary.

That's why at the start I always heard it would be Smart + all the stuff you're saying originally to get the Gordon contract to fit. Now IF Yabu agrees to be stashed again, then you can I think just barely make it work with what you're saying.

I was under the impression that Yabu getting stashed is a near certainty now that Hayward's coming over.

Duxxy3

I think I'd be OK with letting go of Bradley and/or Crowder. I'd like to keep Rozier. I don't want Smart to go anywhere. Mickey and Jackson... whatever. I haven't seen much there.

If Yabusele is the hang up, I'm not sure what to do there. He's an interesting player and I have no earthly idea how he would do in the pro's right now. Zizic has a more defined role and place on the team. Yabusele is a guy they wanted to stash to see how he develops. If he refuses to be stashed... well, what options do we have?

Fultz, McConnel
Reddick, Stauskas, Bayless, Korkmaz
Covington, Luwalu, Anderson
Simmons, Saric, Johnson
Embiid, Holmes, Okafor

Thats a good roster right there. I'd be scared to trade Okafor because Embiid might get hurt again tho. Also too many SGs...

spyder_ur

https://twitter.com/memgrizz/status/882994442818523141?t=1&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjc18y&iid=6aa450f75a3f4a32b7f7a79d09df2005&uid=1498254884&nid=244+272699400

Aww, as someone who used to live in Memphis, this made me kind of emotional. Incredible combination of a team and player, and Z-Bo really grew up there.

I understand the reasons for it, but it does kind of depress me feeling like the NBA has no value for good teams anymore. Either you're contending or you're tanking. The NBA was a better place for having that scrappy Grizz team around.

tumblr_nh67y0vjrd1qcmnsoo1_500.jpg

Gasol's birthday today!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
wojespn
Euro star point guard Milo Teodosic has agreed to a two-year, $12.3M deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources tell ESPN.

Can't believe the Austin Rivers era was over before it started smh

Fjordson

https://twitter.com/memgrizz/status/882994442818523141?t=1&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjc18y&iid=6aa450f75a3f4a32b7f7a79d09df2005&uid=1498254884&nid=244+272699400

Aww, as someone who used to live in Memphis, this made me kind of emotional. Incredible combination of a team and player, and Z-Bo really grew up there.

I understand the reasons for it, but it does kind of depress me feeling like the NBA has no value for good teams anymore. Either you're contending or you're tanking. The NBA was a better place for having that scrappy Grizz team around.
Yeah, Bill Simmons sort of talked about this on his last podcast. Like the Grizz are being penalized for having two all-stars in Conley and Gasol. Makes them too good for tanking, but not an actual contender.

wojespn
Euro star point guard Milo Teodosic has agreed to a two-year, $12.3M deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources tell ESPN.

Can't believe the Austin Rivers era was over before it started smh

He has to be running the offense at least until Blake comes back. If not him who else?

6m/year for Ricky Rubio without the defense but with a jumpshot though? The logo is killing it this of season.

Top Bottom