• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

I dont see a scenario where Tatum isn't a good scorer in the league at the very least.

Him today, and Fultz yesterday have really impressed. This rookie class is gonna be good.

Mitchell better than all of them

The M.O.B

Happy with this Heat team, please nobody get hurt.

Except Luke

Definitely enough to put us up there with the top 4 in the east.

Tommy DJ

Depends, I think Pop's magic only works if the players start as rookies for him. Just look at LMAo and Pau

Pau was good off the bench. A defensive liability in today's league but aren't complaining about his efforts, especially on the offensive end of the floor.

Lamarcus' problem is that he's just a huge abnormally in today's league. A big man who hasn't got killer post moves, who shoots long 2s and doesn't really shoot 3s. This is the sort of guy who'd give Daryl Morey a heart attack.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I dont see a scenario where Tatum isn't a good scorer in the league at the very least.

Him today, and Fultz yesterday have really impressed. This rookie class is gonna be good.

Mitchell better than all of them

He's struggled here a bit and he settles too much right at the wing and goes to the one foot fade away. He's airballed a few due to struggling to create separation. Good defenders will quickly lock him down if he doesn't diversify a bit.

Kickz

Zizic looks entirely too slow for the modern NBA.

danny-ainge.jpg

spyder_ur

Found it funny how many Celtics fans were banking on him starting this year.

What's funny? He's 20 years old. The Celts aren't relying on him but hopefully he can burn some minutes and grow.

I've had mixed feelings about his play in summer league. I don't think he looks slow though, just a bit tentative. That makes sense. We'll see.

spyder_ur

I kind of love the Gay-SA fit. He's legitimately talented, but has never found a spot to make it work. If it's anywhere, it will be San Antonio.

I don't get how Melo fits on Houston at all. 3 half court, ball dominant players. And I'm a Melo believer, still.

Mitchell just ended Tatums career in two straight plays.

OK. Mitchell looks awesome though.

The Salt Lake crowd is absolutely ridiculous acting like it's the finals, but it's kinda fun. Hard to blame them.

Wut deal?.......
been away all day......

Portland, NYC, and Houston in trade talks. So far, names of Melo, Ryan Anderson, Harkless, and Meyers Leonard have been brought up.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/883032362984116225
Woj said:
Euro star point guard Milo Teodosic has agreed to a two-year, $12.3M deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources tell ESPN.

https://twitter.com/JSports_ent/status/883062089249685504
@JSports_ent said:
Source: Blazers, Rockets, #Knicks have engaged in early talks regarding a 3 team deal that could potentially send C. Anthony to Houston.

https://twitter.com/JSports_ent/status/883072563479547905
@JSports_ent said:
Keep in mind talks are very early names that have been discussed are Anderson, Harkless, Myers, Melo. Talks are fluid.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/883128826032603136
Woj said:
The Houston Rockets are working to flip their $10M in non-guaranteed contracts for players or assets, league sources tell ESPN.

Do you want Carmelo Hyper? I'd have mixed feelings if I was a Rockets fan.

Him as a small-ball 4, Olympic Melo shooting spot-up 3s and passing? I sorta want it.

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about it too, but this trade would likely get rid of our worst contract and get us Melo.

According to Jonathan Feigen, D'Antoni is happy with the idea of a reunion
Jonathan Feigen said:
Anthony played for Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni with the Knicks and though there was friction in D'Antoni's final season in New York, D'Antoni would welcome a reunion, a person familiar with the Rockets' thinking said last week.

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/881265542304235525
Jonathan Feigen said:
D'Antoni absolutely would be up for it. NY doesn't seem interested in buyout. Possible, but tough to make work in trade. Have to play 4.

Imo, looking at it, there are some seriously encouraging signs. Melo would come on to the team as the clear 3rd best player. If he's willing to waive his NTC for us, he likely recognizes that and would be fine in that role. Melo and D'Antoni also had friction over his role in the offense, with Melo at the time still a superstar that wanted to play at the 3. Although both he and Ariza and Tucker could share responsibilities between the two positions.

His defense would still be an issue, I don't know if Melo has historically upped his defense to better levels with a lesser offensive load. Well, of course it would improve, I'm just not sure he's a good defender as a tertiary scorer. On the other hand, he's better than Ryan Anderson.

I also feel like Melo after his whole terrible stay on the Knicks might have learned and been humbled and would now be more amicable with D'Antoni.

Another key factor - we get access to 1/2 the banana boat, and Wade is probably gonna get bought out this off-season. This is a little more out there, but if we got Wade on a vet's minimum and could then send a Morey+Harden+CP3/Melo/Wade recruiting party after LeBron... my god.

In any case, I might have mixed feelings on it, it might go badly, but if Morey goes for it than he has some confidence in it, and as he said, you have to take risks when it comes to this Warriors team.

Top Bottom