• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Tim Hardaway Jr is pretty good, managed to snatch the starter position from the hawks. He'd getting overpaid here, but he's still pretty good

Hawks were weak at the wing so I wouldn't necessarily say that was an accomplishment. THJ, imo, isn't a starter but he'll be an asset leading the bench unit.

Tommy DJ

I'm pretty convinced the East is terrible because a good number of front offices out that way are completely brain dead. They should just send Jerry West over there because holy shit some of the decisions they're making are real questionable at best.

Boogs31

Tim Hardaway Jr is pretty good, managed to snatch the starter position from the hawks. He'd getting overpaid here, but he's still pretty good

No he's not. He's a decent three point shooter and that's it. He's got little to no off the bounce game and isn't much of a passer either. He essentially just jacks up threes and doesn't even do that at an elite level. He's not a defensive stopper either. He's a bench caliber player that happened to start on a mediocre Hawks team.

mjp2417

Banned
I'm pretty convinced the East is terrible because a good number of front offices out that way are completely brain dead. They should just send Jerry West over there because holy shit some of the decisions they're making are real questionable at best.

The Brooklyn Nets have one of the most competent front offices in the East right now which yeah

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Do u like anyone on the celtics ?

Jaylen I think can be great. Hayward is great. IT is great but fatally flawed not to mention the hip. Horford is alright, definitely not part of a big 3 but with the right players is really good. Ab is meh and not worth much given his price tag next season will be too high. Marcus has a relentless motor and can defend 1 all the way to sometimes 4 effectively... On the flip side he is an offensive nightmare, arguably the worst shooter ever. Jae is decent especially at his price. I'm low on the Tatum pick and have been. His specialty is a low efficiency form of scoring.

He did grab a lot of rebounds though.

I don't read too much into summer league stats, just certain aspects of their game, their athleticism, footwork, etc. I definitely wouldn't read much into his rebounds.

Yeah idk why he needs to be so pessimistic about the rookie

Is what it is. The book is out on him, he has a lot of skill, great footwork, can get to the rim albeit not against actual NBA level defenders. Just take note of the time Josh Jackson played him and shut him down. His specialty is once again an inefficient dying art. His range needs work. All of that said I believe hell adapt and be able to score 20 ppg or more, but again on sheer volume. This would be fine if he had elite or even significant defensive upside, but he just doesn't seem to have much there.

Rookie excuse is fine, however you CAN project athleticism, which really won't change much at this point. Again not a fan of him at #3.

...Who played pretty awesome in the three games and it appears will be able to score straight away in the NBA. I'm sky high on Tatum; hope he gets the minutes.

Kelly olynyk and Adam morrison destroyed summer league. Tatum is likely playing lesser competition than some of the teams he went against in college here. You can take certain things away, which again he's very skilled, but he takes a lot of difficult shots.

Also he played pretty "awesome" in 2 games and lousy in 1. He was shut down tonight by a good defender. A lot of teams have those stoppers and he appears to struggle against players like that quite a bit. Besides it doesn't change the fact that he's a volume shooter. He needs to be able to hit threes and get to the line more often if he's going to rely as heavily as he does on that mid range game.

Kickz

$70 million for glorified a D leaguer

Knicks greatness on display, fire the GM and have the temp make long term decisions

844507593.gif

Knicks greatness on display, fire the GM and have the temp make long term decisions

844507593.gif
Smh

Phil Jackson, Masai ujiri, and Pat Riley are/were all president of basketball operations. Btw, that's Magic's role too (he's gonna get confused in a similar manner soon enough)

Slizeezyc

So since I mean you can't start a rookie, especially not one from FRANCE, I guess this guy might be the opening night point guard:

CAu5THtUkAAbw3H.png

https://twitter.com/RedNationHoops/status/883186666717958144
Salman Ali said:
D'Antoni on possibly reuniting with old players: "You make things work because basically off the court your good guys. Times have changed."

https://twitter.com/RedNationHoops/status/883186934897557504
Salman Ali said:
D'Antoni (continued): "Hopefully I've gotten a little bit more mellow."

Im starting to expect the melo trade to seriously happen. Shit, now I've got expectations...

Tommy DJ

I still can't believe the Knicks have $71/4yrs to someone like Tim Hardaway Jr. Surely they can find someone else to play tank commander?

mjp2417

Banned
Crowder isn't moving for a first...

To be more accurate, a first isn't moving for Crowder

I would be shocked if Crowder can't fetch a protected first. I'm struggling to think of an equivalent player in his mid-20's on a cost-controlled contract like that not netting one or equivalent value. I mean, 36 year old Kyle Korver on an expiring contract netted a first this year.

Sure, I'll take it.

They only get two of our human trade exceptions players though. No more.

Nah I bet Morey would toss the 2020 1st rd pick in there too. Morey doesn't like picking that late in the first rd, he'd rather have that high 2nd rd pick so he can use the salary cap money and structure the contract differently to avoid 2 year guaranteed scaled salary in a rookie 1st rd pick and bypass the exercise options in the last two years

I don't think he deserved to have his number retired either way. I love everything he did for the team but I feel like the bar should be higher than that.
Garnett did more, yeah, but what about rondo in that case?

Nah I bet Morey would toss the 2020 1st rd pick in there too. Morey doesn't like picking that late in the first rd, he'd rather have that high 2nd rd pick so he can use the salary cap money and structure the contract differently to avoid 2 year guaranteed scaled salary in a rookie 1st rd pick and bypass the exercise options in the last two years
Well we'd need a 2nd round pick or two back in there in that case

None of those guys are trash though. All three of them are definitely worth at least a protected first.

image.php

Top 25 protected for Avery Bradley because he is a good 3 and D guy and that's about it. Nobody is paying firsts for Marcus Smart and Jae Crowder. Mediocre players on good contracts are still mediocre.

I'm going laugh if Ainge somehow convinces Utah to give up a pick for Crowder because he could send him somewhere else for a pick to clear the cap space and forget the S&T

Ray needed to win in 2010 to get his number retired
His impact wasn't as big as KG tbh

Ray was a key piece but he went ghost so much in the 2008 playoffs x that 2010 game 3
Lol no field goals made at home

🐐Hayward will finish the fight
Halo 3 anniversary

DCX

DCX
So instead of offering John Simmons a contract that the Spurs can't match, a budding two way star, we give Hardaway 71...71 million fucking dollars!?!

Why am I loyal to this team 😫

DCX

Top Bottom