• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

So instead of offering John Simmons a contract that the Spurs can't match, a budding two way star, we give Hardaway 71...71 million fucking dollars!?!

Why am I loyal to this team 😫

DCX

Shit I forgot about Jonathon Simmons that would have made way more since for NYK, overpay now and hope he can eventually earn that money.

Tim's a bad contract from day one.

spyder_ur

I'm actually pretty happy with that trade. Get a big body with 2 years on a great deal, keep Crowder.

That being said, very sad to see Avery go. Loved watching him develop into one of the premier 2-way guards in the NBA over the course of the last several seasons. He was the last of the 3 that I wanted to see go, but it's clear they weren't going to be able to keep him after next season.

I'd assume this clears the way for the Pistons not to sign KCP.

Do you know Marcus and Markieff both averaged exactly 14.0 ppg last year? That's amazing.

I'll miss Avery. I guess the starting lineup is going to be IT-Hayward-Jae-Morris-Hortford

Edit: Marcus Smart is now the longest tenured Celtic on the team.

I know it had to be done, but I'm going to miss Bradley. Loved watching him play here over the years. Hope he does well in Detroit. So, I guess this means Crowder is going to stay as a starter and Hayward will play the 2? Wonder how they'll divvy up minutes for Brown and Tatum. It'll be interesting to see what kind of groups Brad sends out there.

spyder_ur

Celtics-Wiz matchups next year about to be even more lit.

Damn I'm going to miss Bradley though.

We'll always have the Wade block and the two Cleveland game winners.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I fucking love this move. OUt of the 3 bradley was easily the most expandable. An incredibly one dimensional fragile player. Streaky shooter, who could only score off picks/curls, and had lousy handles with no ability whatsoever to pass. This move adds size and some toughness. Morris rebound numbers should come up a bit without drummond vacuuming them in. It'll still be a weak spot, but the size alone should help a lot with positioning.

This opens up room for Jaylen to play the 2 and mix and match lineups. Probably more to come.

Tom Penny

I had no issues with Bradley. This was business and based on Hardaway Jr he will get a massive payday from someone else. The question is if they can retain Crowder and go real small ball.

Duxxy3

I'm good with that move.

It looks like Rozier can take down his snapchat photo.

If the Celtics waive Jackson and Mickey then they could bring over the dancing bear.

If Rozier is staying put, I'd be good with that.

I had no issues with Bradley. This was business and based on Hardaway Jr he will get a massive payday from someone else. The question is if they can retain Crowder and go real small ball.

Oh yeah. He's gonna get paid. Probably by Detroit.

Any big is better than playoff Amir

Friend why must you turn your back on a legend that brought us so much awesomeness?

On this trade, I'm not sure I love it lol. I knew AB was the most expendable of them all because of his contract, but I'm not a huge fan of Morris if he's starting. Plus, is Hayward comfortable playing the 2?

Duxxy3

So I think that Crowder is staying put simply due to his contract. I think Smart will get extended next year, now that Bradley is gone.

Tom Penny

Friend why must you turn your back on a legend that brought us so much awesomeness?

On this trade, I'm not sure I love it lol. I knew AB was the most expendable of them all because of his contract, but I'm not a huge fan of Morris if he's starting. Plus, is Hayward comfortable playing the 2?
Brad basically says the only positions are ball handler wing or bigs..

Cornbread78

Not sure if I like the trade. They need a big, but that's not enough..

Plus:
More consistent than Oly

Negative:
Nobody to cover for IT on defense..

DEI8OcIWsAAG_X9

Here's the roster now before any moves to make space for Yabu. Could use some more small forwards.

Brad basically says the only positions are ball handler wing or bigs..

True but he still needs to guard the guy on the other team and Crowder is slow as fuck to guard 2s. But from what I'm looking, his numbers are pretty much identical guarding the 2 or the 3 so there is that.

Jacce

Banned
Pistons traded a 2020 second rounder for Marcus Morris.

They trade Marcus Morris for Avery Bradley and a 2019 second rounder.

2020 second rounder became AVERY BRADLEY AND a 2019 pick!

DEI7rfYXsAAEI2H.jpg

Cornbread78

MVP Brown x Taytum will be the Klays for guards
To stop point guards you need shooting guards to stop them
It's all a matter of perspective.
Morris is a PF not an SF
Morris played more time at the 4 last season than at the 3.

Who is going to rebound? They needed a big that can rebound not another 3/4 hybrid...

The more I think about the trade the more I hate it.

By trading Bradley now (expiring contract over 10 mil) they are giving up on any bigger trades being made.

I'm actually getting kinda angry because then need another 1/2 player and a 4/5 that can defend/rebound..

VeeP

who is the good one, Marcus or Markieff?
Markieff is slightly better from the games I've watched the past few years. But I don't know if that's because he was on a better team win better coaching or what.

But still, Marcus is a solid player. Always hustles and puts in effort at both ends of the floor. I'll be sad to see him go. Still, Pistons suck atm so at least he'll have a chance to take it to the Cavs.

Top Bottom