• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Bread

Banned
Oh my god I love this move. Avery is both injury prone and about to get paid, so he was the right guy to go. As much as Jae makes me uneasy with his complaining about being underappreciated I'd like to keep him around since his contract is so good. And Smart...I still have some optimism that he can improve his shot.

And this means we get Hayward today!!!!!!!!!! I'm bout to order my jersey.

Bread

Banned
The Celtics were running with 5'9" and 6'2" guys as their back court. They just added a ton of length this offseason.

"Hearing that the Celtics have no intention of trading Jae Crowder. They're excited about lineup possibilities." -@AdamHimmelsbach

Good to hear.

He's also saying the plan is to bring Yabu over.

Are you serious? They got a player worth that at least. They weren't interested in stockpiling more picks.

If your position was that Crowder, Bradley, Smart didn't have first round pick value, this isn't supporting evidence for that.
They have like 7 SFs now which is dumb.

How are you gonna have 7 SFs and no center?

They should have traded 2 for a center. They lost because of no center.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm good with that move.

It looks like Rozier can take down his snapchat photo.

If Rozier is staying put, I'd be good with that.

Oh yeah. He's gonna get paid. Probably by Detroit.

Rozier said the snap was about going on vaca.

lol AB can't dribble.

Can't pass either

Lol at the "celts don't have an sg now". Avery was an SG because he couldn't play point, but he can't handle or create, and he's a streaky shooter, not to mention undersized. Not much of an SG

Bread

Banned
"Hearing that the Celtics have no intention of trading Jae Crowder. They're excited about lineup possibilities." -@AdamHimmelsbach

Good to hear.

He's also saying the plan is to bring Yabu over.
I'm so excited for this season holy shit

Where's BG at, he's gotta see what our Daniel has Done.

Tom Penny

Rozier said the snap was about going on vaca.

Can't pass either

Lol at the "celts don't have an sg now". Avery was an SG because he couldn't play point, but he can't handle or create, and he's a streaky shooter, not to mention undersized. Not much of an SG
Avery was a perfect pro but certainly not player. Lots of holes in his game.

Avery will get paid at least Roberson type numbers but more since he can hit free throws

Celtics need bigs and Morris destroys Morris so Ainge is ready for Wizards part 2 in the playoffs

Crowder needs to be benched
Let Brown or Taytum share a starting spot and have inconsistent Crowder off the bench

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Avery was a perfect pro but certainly not player. Lots of holes in his game.

Oh definitely. Liked his drive, liked how hard he's worked and clearly he's tightened a lot up, but none of it addressed his real issues, and it severely limited him as a player. I also think the optics of his defense is more flash than substance. On ball he's a pest, but overall he's not as great off ball, and he struggled this year closing on shooters. The celts as a whole actually did.

Are you serious? They got a player worth that at least. They weren't interested in stockpiling more picks.

If your position was that Crowder, Bradley, Smart didn't have first round pick value, this isn't supporting evidence for that.
You gave away your best defender for an soft inefficient big who can't rebound.

He is not worth a first rounder.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

overrated defender. Smart is definitely a more valuable defender. This frees up more minutes for smart, jaylen and makes for better lineup combinations.

Bradley is not Boston's best defender. Smart and Crowder are better defenders than him.

Look at it this way. There were talks about Boston giving up Crowder to the Jazz for fuck nothing. They kept him, a player signed to a very reasonable deal, and instead traded an often injured player they weren't going to resign next year anyway for a dude that actually fits a need and has 2 more years on a good contract. They upgraded from Bradley to Hayward and upgraded from Amir fucking Johnson to Marcus Morris. And they kept every single one of their assets. How is any of this a bad deal for Danny?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yo, this take is real bad fam.

I want a vote from all 30 GMs to see how many take Hardaway Jr. over KCP.

KCP can't fucking shoot. Like he's bad at it.

Nobody was in a hurry to give him the insane numbers his agent wanted for a reason. Because hes not that good.

Slizeezyc

KCP can't fucking shoot. Like he's bad at it.

Nobody was in a hurry to give him the insane numbers his agent wanted for a reason. Because hes not that good.

Get the poll going. Reach out to those GMs.

When you got a chance to pay the 35% shooter from deep with average at best defense over the player who is very good on defense and a 33% 3-point shooter, you gotta do it. Gotta shoot that shot.

(I'm not even trying to say KCP is amazing or anything, just that Hardaway Jr. is maybe not even good at basketball at all.)

It was idiotic to trade THj away when we traded him in the first place for Jerian freaking Grant, he's young and still has offensive upside, it's a fine deal. He's a good player.

Gigglepoo

poor pacers

could have had a nice return if they just waited for Hayward to sign. Are you guys calling for Pritchard to resign yet?

I thought Pritchard would be good but this is a terrible offseason. They're going to deal Turner for a bag of beans at this rate.

Bradley was fun to watch and his game improved a lot over the years, but the C's were never going to be able to pay his market value next value next year. Keeping Crowder/Smart (for now) makes more sense with this team as Smart gives them more length in the backcourt and probably has more long-term potential. Marcus Morris is a good depth piece who is really cheap.

Top Bottom