• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

RedAssedApe

Banned
I rode with Nintendo through the GCN & Wii U era

if he busts imma die in the fire with him brehs, no regrets

Regardless he made it to the Lakers and I just wanna see some basketball today

I'm actually hyped to see him in action after such a long layoff. That tournament exit left a bad taste in my mouth. Time to ball out Zo.

I don't like the shooting in the lineups I expect him to play with. Transition should be interesting though.

Yeah it'll be fun seeing N'waba in the transition. Hope Vander Blue doesn't ball hog but the guy has been in SL games since Randle's and Clarkson's rookie years!

Didn't that dude have substance abuse issues?

His dad was one of the first ever strength and conditioning coaches and put him on an NFL training program from birth. So yeah, he ended up with substance abuse issues that still plague him today.

Lonzo had fewer issues in college (and also less time in college) but there's a part of me that sees his dad, the pressure and the fact that he remained close to home and starts drawing parallels.

His dad was one of the first ever strength and conditioning coaches and put him on an NFL training program from birth. So yeah, he ended up with substance abuse issues that still plague him today.

Lonzo had fewer issues in college (and also less time in college) but there's a part of me that sees his dad, the pressure and the fact that he remained close to home and starts drawing parallels.

The Lavar we know is just an act. There is zero evidence that his kids are bothered by it, or that it effects their play.

Lonzo had zero issues in college, not "fewer", and every report that I've seen from people that interacted with him at UCLA had nothing but good things to say about his demeanor and character. Trying to compare Todd to Lonzo or Lavar to Marv requires a massive leap in logic. They have almost nothing in common.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The Pacers are going to make the playoffs or come damn close next year. I do love how they never tank (they haven't picked in the top 10 since 1989!) but sometimes you have to take a step back to get decent players. But I'd be shocked if they aren't within a game of the playoffs down the stretch. Ugh.

if so that's good for the celts. Brooklyn and lakers need to finish bottom 5

I just want either ayton or Bamba. If we get Porter or doncic that's fucking amazing.

done3.jpg

Bread

Banned
The Pacers are going to make the playoffs or come damn close next year. I do love how they never tank (they haven't picked in the top 10 since 1989!) but sometimes you have to take a step back to get decent players. But I'd be shocked if they aren't within a game of the playoffs down the stretch. Ugh.
idk they barely made it in with PG, I think they're going to have a lot of trouble scoring and I'd be surprised if they were in the hunt.

Adamn two time champ Morrison was the 🐐in summer league
😎

Wizards fucked up
Durant could easily go to them in a few years to win one for the land :p

beat

https://theringer.com/new-york-knicks-tim-hardaway-jr-offer-sheet-63e6500bdfa

The Knicks’ defining characteristic is not their badness. They have certainly been bad in recent years, but so have many teams around the NBA. The true essence of Knicksness is the ability to go absolutely nowhere in the loudest, silliest way possible. For example, in 2013–14 the Knicks won 37 games. They then hired the most famous basketball figure they could find, Phil Jackson, to become team president, a role in which he put together rosters that won 32 and 31 games in the past two seasons and alienated the squad’s best players. New York could have achieved a similar result by doing nothing; instead, it paid a supposed genius $60 million for three years of work.

Another example: The Knicks could have made Tim Hardaway Jr. a part of their future for cheap if they’d done absolutely nothing since they drafted him four years ago. Instead, two trades and two front-office regime changes have led them to a point where they’ve signed him to a $71 million offer sheet.

[...]

TlmVPKl.png

"Lowe: The Celtics think they can re-sign Isaiah Thomas next summer on a contract starting at $20-23M rather than $30-35M." -@BlazerdBySagar

That seems reasonable.

The Knicks will offer him the 35M.

Bye bye Isaiah. Maybe trade him now and pick up Rose for one year. It's not like the Celtics are going anywhere this year.

Do you guys know why the NBA starts in november (competing with the NFL from November-Feb) instead of waiting until after the NFl season is over?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
There's no way on earth IT is going to get a $35m a year contract. I pity the team that pays him that much when he's so close to 30.

Top Bottom