• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Slizeezyc

Not great for a PG to not use half the floor off the dribble.

Yeah it's not ideal, but it is a known thing. His shooting chart shows how little he went right for pull-ups (I think it's literally like he tried 3-5 shots going right all season at UCLA). He can get all the way to the rim going left or right, but shooting on pull-ups it's only left.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Celtics draft pick from the Lakers next year just gained a shit ton more value...

Yup, especially downgrading from Russell to this project. Obviously one game, but it's a sign that growing pains are very much on the way.

Anyways main takeaways are I was mad he was refusing to finish on drives and he kept on kicking it out

He had a few bad passes and was hesitant on a lot of plays

He played defense only half the time

With all of that said idk I expected a bad game and it's summer league so I honestly don't care, I don't think he'll be magically better in regular season either I said before I can see him having an Ingram level start, but I want to see him attempt different things and start running half court offense more.

Also Zubac disappointed me way more than Lonzo did but no one mentioning it, even Ingram was yelling at him

Zubac can join zizic as massively disappointing. As a heads up, lonzos half court game has always been a question mark compared to his ability to move the ball in transition.

FZZ

Banned
Couldn't defend or get by Kendall Marshall and often didn't even attempt 🤔

In the second half he blew by him twice but refused to finish and just kicked it out

And then he attempted to finish once, with an awful left hander and stopped driving completely

FZZ

Banned
Yup, especially downgrading from Russell to this project. Obviously one game, but it's a sign that growing pains are very much on the way.

Zubac can join zizic as massively disappointing. As a heads up, lonzos half court game has always been a question mark compared to his ability to move the ball in transition.

Nah I know it's always been a question mark but he actually had good moments and gen BOOM outlet behind the arc as if he was LeBron playing on the Cavs with deadly three ball shooters everywhere

I'm still happy tho and I could watch us go 0-82 and I'll look at y'all like this shit gravy

TTG

lasordawtf.gif

LMAO

Its not like the #2 pick is infallible.

And a bunch of hype is more likely to hurt a dude than help.

I'm not saying he'll bust after one Summer League game, but the fact that we like to laugh at his Dad doesn't mean he will be a good player.

beat

I agree that the creative design is probably mediocre at best but he's paving the way for young athletes to become their own entrepreneurs. At the end of the day, you're selling your own brand. Cut out the middle man. I would do the same.

Don't shoe technology and technical design count for something? I guess BBB is probably using a similar factory to all the big players, and I do think some shoe innovations (remember Nike Shox?) are dumb, but I also am skeptical about any new shoe company designing basketball shoes without having technical expertise on board.

LionPride

Banned
Anyways main takeaways are I was mad he was refusing to finish on drives and he kept on kicking it out

He had a few bad passes and was hesitant on a lot of plays

He played defense only half the time

With all of that said idk I expected a bad game and it's summer league so I honestly don't care, I don't think he'll be magically better in regular season either I said before I can see him having an Ingram level start, but I want to see him attempt different things and start running half court offense more.

Also Zubac disappointed me way more than Lonzo did but no one mentioning it, even Ingram was yelling at him

Nigga it's better to look good in SL than to look like ass

I remember being hyped when the Jazz drafted Trey Burke. And when you saw him on an NBA floor it was immediately obvious that he was too small and didn't have a single above average skill. I don't know how stuff like that happens, everyone agreed he was a lottery prospect, but we knew everything we needed to know from college.

Lonzo at least has one exceptional skill. But he's not super athletic or fast, bad shooting and defense. That's worrisome.

Watched a few YT clips since Swaggy signed. Didn't know Looney is his cousin. Swaggy seems chill as fuck. Funny shit during media conference, someone actually asked him about that tweet where he said he hated 2016 GS fans, and he laughed and said his phone got hacked. 😂

Also, Splash Bros? Nah, we got dem Hash Bros, now.
https://youtu.be/JXdmfFCZ8fI

FZZ

Banned
Sayin "It's summer league and I don't care"

I ain't gon be okay if my pick looking like garbo in SL

Not I

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mean

I said I expected him to be bad a few days ago

Idk how me saying I don't put as much weight in summer league means anything

Imagine if he did amazing, people wouldn't be saying he'd be guaranteed to be successful in regular season either

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I mean

I said I expected him to be bad a few days ago

Idk how me saying I don't put as much weight in summer league means anything

Imagine if he did amazing, people wouldn't be saying he'd be guaranteed to be successful in regular season either

Well looking good in summer league doesn't mean anything... Looking bad? Not universally bad, because it's a good place to try new stuff or people go half speed. Lonzo looked bad against weak competition tonight.

LionPride

Banned
Watched a few YT clips since Swaggy signed. Didn't know Looney is his cousin. Swaggy seems chill as fuck. Funny shit during media conference, someone actually asked him about that tweet where he said he hated 2016 GS fans, and he laughed and said his phone got hacked. 😂

Also, Splash Bros? Nah, we got dem Hash Bros, now.
https://youtu.be/JXdmfFCZ8fI

Everyone is this man's cousin

Kevon
K.Dot

Dude's bloodline got connects

Kickz

Thats a pretty bad stat line by Zo, Magic should sign a mentor for him to take the pressure off or the media will rip him apart

DELjnhfXsAARRr0.jpg

Top Bottom