• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

FZZ

Banned
He's going to trade the number 3 to Kings so they can get Fox

get 5 & 10 and he will pick Lauri

it's really bout to happen

mjp2417

Banned
If the Celtics were going to trade with the Bulls they probably would've preferred the #1 pick.
#1 pick would be an overpay for Butler. Splitting the 1 into multiple picks works better for a hypothetical Butler deal. You still have potentially enough to get Butler while keeping either the 2017 No. 3 or the Lakers/Kings pick.

Jarate

Banned
As a Sixers fan all of this is super exciting...on paper.

Someone explain protected vs unprotected picks to me.

If the Lakers pick between 2-6 then the Celtics will get that pick

if the Lakers Finish 1 or 7+ then the Celtics get the 2019 Kings Pick

Jarate

Banned
3FQVeCW.jpg

Man Fultz must be something else, BC will not make this trade if otherwise.

Why couldn't you move up for Damian Lilard for us as Raptors GM at the time?

Nobody has still made a strong argument on why this is definitive bad move.

If he takes Jackson it's not ideal but I can live with that. If he takes Tatum it is the single most idiotic trade ever. Tatum sucks and he's probably slower than everyone in the Celtics organization including Danny.

Man Fultz must be something else, BC will not make this trade if otherwise.

He's a really really good prospect in a draft with a handful of other really, really good prospects. People spent so much time the last 12-18 moths hyping the fuck out of this draft that I feel like they are inflating Fultz a little because he's "the best player in one of the best drafts ever!!11". He could be great, but he's not a no-brainer prospect like LeBron was, probably not even on the KAT level to be honest.

Jarate

Banned
Fultz is basically the most "sure" prospect since KAT. He scores in bunches, shoots the ball well, and just has that "it" factor.

His only question mark was defense, which is not due to his athleticism like someone like Ball. This kid is good at causing turnovers too.

Great size, incredible finisher, can get to the basket at will.

Reminds me of Dwayne Wade a lot.

Sanjuro

My understanding is many feel Fultz will be a top 5 player in the league. I have my doubts.

That's the whole thing. Even if this guy is too ten, you have flex.

If he takes Jackson it's not ideal but I can live with that. If he takes Tatum it is the single most idiotic trade ever. Tatum sucks and he's probably slower than everyone in the Celtics organization including Danny.

I never told anyone this before, but my name is Eric Montross and I can still go!

mjp2417

Banned
Nobody has still made a strong argument on why this is definitive bad move.

This is the point in the year where we collectively convince ourselves that 18 year olds who have never played a minute in the NBA are already superstars. This happens every year.

FZZ

Banned
So you're saying Fultz would be a top three player in the Eastern Conference without question?

He has the least chance to bust

He's a harden/wade hybrid that has elite physical tools

Imo he's just a tad bit below KAT level in terms of being a star

This is the point in the year where we collectively convince ourselves that 18 year olds who have never played a minute in the NBA are already superstars. This happens every year.

Technically in terms of attention, not skill on an NBA court, but just media perception and the amount people talk about him

Lonzo is the most talked about prospect since Bron

mjp2417

Banned
Huh. To me that doesn't look like nearly enough. Guess we will see.

Last year the Bulls were, per The Vertical, willing to deal Butler for Zach Lavine and Kris Dunn until the T-Wolves backed out. One of Crowder or Bradley + the No. 3 in a much stronger draft eclipses that. The Philly trade makes the most sense as a win-now move for Boston to acquire another star while still continuing to consolidate picks for a future young core post LeBron/Dubs.

The Celtics desperately need a point guard and they just dumped the best PG prospect since Kyrie?

Oh for crying out loud, they don't desperately need a point guard. Even with the questionable defense, IT was still a very productive player (near MVP levels) last year and should continue to be so for at least 3-4 years. After that time? Yeah, they could use another PG, but you don't take one so early for the purpose of replacing a star. You take a guy that could play with your star (and I think Fultz could to be honest).

IT gets really underrated around here. Yeah he's short and that makes him a limited defender, but Kyrie is also pretty much an equally shit defender and you don't hear people saying the Cavs should trade him.

Miracle

Someone should tell Josh that hitting a free throw isn't that hard either

Fultz should be told the same thing since he is a 64% FT shooter himself.

That workout video with the Sixers showing him bricking nba range 3s left and right was disturbing. And his FT shooting form is very awkward. He could easily be like Ingram in his rookie year where he shot 3s well in college but shits the bed in the NBA due to getting used to NBA range.

Slizeezyc

Fultz should be told the same thing since he is a 64% FT shooter himself.

That workout video with the Sixers showing him bricking nba range 3s left and right was disturbing. And his FT shooting form is very awkward. He could easily be like Ingram in his rookie year where he shot 3s well in college but shits the bed in the NBA due to getting used to NBA range.

Yeah let's judge a three minute workout video more than his college stats taken over months!

Yes, he could struggle, using an empty gym end-of-workout shooting drill as a defense though is insanity.

Now Magic walks backwards into a situation he could easily, easily win. Somebody else wants Jackson, trade back.

Played perfectly for him and he didn't even need to do anything stupid.

Smart-Jackson-Brown is going to be something on defense. They won't make a shot from outside 5 feet but that defense will be impressive.

Cornbread78

So, would IT, Hayward, Butler, Drummond and Horford fit under the cap with Oly, Jae, Bradley, Zeller, Amir and Sweed all gone?

That has to be the master plan right?

IT: 13mil
Butler: 18 mil
Hayward 24 mil
Horford 30 mil
Drummond 22 mil

Zizav
Yabu
Smart
Brown
Jackson
Mickey
Rook
Rook
Rook

So, would IT, Hayward, Butler, Drummond and Horford fit under the cap with Oly, Jae, Bradley, Zeller, Amir and Sweed all gone?

That has to be the master plan right?

IT: 13mil
Butler: 18 mil
Hayward 24 mil
Horford 30 mil
Drummond 22 mil

Zizav
Yabu
Smart
Brown
Jackson
Mickey
Rook
Rook
Rook

I don't think that fits under the cap and on top of that I'm not sure how good that team really is.

Top Bottom