• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

ISOM

Ainge whole strategy is based on him not believing Fultz will be a star level player. I guess good luck with that, obviously he has the draft track record to correctly predict that.

LionPride

Banned
Jayson Tatum's ceiling is Tobias Harris in Orlando btw

Also supposedly they ain't think Fultz was enough of a "winner" but are willing to take in a short armed, skinny ass, can't shoot, kicking in the window of his girlfriend ass motherfucker.

Bread

Banned
Jayson Tatum's ceiling is Tobias Harris in Orlando btw

Also supposedly they ain't think Fultz was enough of a "winner" but are willing to take in a short armed, skinny ass, can't shoot, kicking in the window of his girlfriend ass motherfucker.
I don't think you know what a ceiling is

Chase17

Kind of negative on the trade but I guess it could work out. Hopefully next steph curry doesn't get his team to 70 wins until 2020.

DCmuCFcW0AEAzXi.jpg
People have been posting this picture on twitter as a way to prove that Ainge sucks at drafting but honestly given where he was picking it doesn't seem too bad. Obviously Ainge has had some misses, James Young is only 2 years away from being 2 years away now, but I imagine if you look at similar charts of other GMs they'd all look just as ugly.

Tall4Life

I blame the idiot sports writers above all else for willing this to happen. Ever since we lost 4-1 to the Cavs they've been clamoring for us to trade the pick for Butler or George. Fire all sports writers.

Sandfox

People have been posting this picture on twitter as a way to prove that Ainge sucks at drafting but honestly given where he was picking it doesn't seem too bad. Obviously Ainge has had some misses, James Young is only 2 years away from being 2 years away now, but I imagine if you look at similar charts of other GMs they'd all look just as ugly.

I'm still trying to figure out the Rozier pick lol.

Drafting is fine. But if you could count Olynyk on that chart it suddenly starts to look amazing.

Not really if you consider that the 2 best players from that draft were still available.

A good drafter is the guy who is gonna turn not so good picks into good players.

Picking an all star in the top 3 isn't that hard. Ainge is a mediocre drafter at best.

jwick

Unconfirmed Member
Given all the protections in place, I am surprised the 76ers pulled this off.

Embiid / Simmons / Fultz / Saric is pretty cool*

* assuming they can stay on the court.

Only time will tell if Danny's 4D chess actually worked, but I think the 76ers should be pretty happy with what they had to give up to take a shot on Fultz. Trust the Process.

I'm not arguing that Ainge is the best drafter / talent evaluate in the NBA, just that his draft woes are massively overblown. Also, all these charts always conveniently miss out on some of his best moves of finding gold later on in the draft. Bradley, Rondo, Tony Allen and Al Jefferson were all taken with later picks.

Cornbread78

He's going to end up taking Tatum at 3.

Uggh

Hope he tries to get 5 and 10 from Sac. That's the only way to make up for this debacle.

No more fucking assets

I blame the idiot sports writers above all else for willing this to happen. Ever since we lost 4-1 to the Cavs they've been clamoring for us to trade the pick for Butler or George. Fire all sports writers.

Fuck George, he won't sign an extension and is going to LA with Bron after the season.

At this point, Butler would be fine, but where's the trade? Should be done already...

If he does get Butler, I'm guessing Griffen is his FA target instead of Hayward?

Sounds like Danny is just reacting to his normal asset hard-on...

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
He's slow as balls, he's not a great athlete, he's a tweener and his offensive skills don't fit what the Celtics do out there. It would be a terrible pick.
All the negatives you mention are indeed that but in this new NBA tweeners are becoming a positive. Draymond Green makes that defense lethal because he's a tweener.

Top Bottom