• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

VeeP

Pacers have to move PG now don't they? I wonder where or what they can get in return. Cavs have no assets that Pacers would realistically want.

Where is Blake rumored to go as of now?

All Cavs can really offer them is Love. Which they might take because they can literally get nothing else.

Can Clippers offer them anyone or are all their good players free agents?

Boogs31

I doubt anyone is giving up value for a rental of IT and no contender would want him on a max in his early 30s. Get one more year out of him then see what the market says.

Maxing him because you're afraid to let him go without getting anything in return is a panic move that doesn't fit what Danny has been doing for the past 5 years.

I agree that Boston shouldn't max him. Which is why getting Fultz made so much sense. You get one more year out of IT while Fultz is developing, then if you let IT walk, you have your replacement.

Now, if IT walks, you have no one to fill his role. The Celtics aren't going to be contenders with Terry Rozier or Marcus Smart as their starting point guard.

A dude that is capable of putting up 30 points a game is going to get a max contract from someone. If Boston doesn't offer the max, someone else will.

All Cavs can really offer them is Love. Which they might take because they can literally get nothing else.

Can Clippers offer them anyone or are all their good players free agents?
I'm honestly wondering what moves the Cavs can realistically make this offseason....
Im sure they'll find a way to service us fans.....
;_;

Watch Griffin leave or some shit....

Jarate

Banned
The Sixers won 28 games last year with a lineup of

McConnel
Stauskas
TLC
Saric
Holmes

for most of the year. Brehs, that's gonna be our backup unit this year minues Saric

SAM HINKIE IS FUCKING VINDICATED

Also, in other incredible news, since the Sixers are getting Fultz, they no longer have any interest in Lowry which means we dont have to sign a 32 year old pg to a 4 year max deal

Tall4Life

The Sixers won 28 games last year with a lineup of

McConnel
Stauskas
TLC
Saric
Holmes

for most of the year. Brehs, that's gonna be our backup unit this year minues Saric

SAM HINKIE IS FUCKING VINDICATED

Also, in other incredible news, since the Sixers are getting Fultz, they no longer have any interest in Lowry which means we dont have to sign a 32 year old pg to a 4 year max deal

I hope you guys do it anyway

Boogs31

They should offer KCP a max deal. Detroit would most likely match but you never know. He would be a great fit with the rest of the roster.

Jarate

Banned
They should offer KCP a max deal. Detroit would most likely match but you never know. He would be a great fit with the rest of the roster.

Im thinking we're probably going to offer Porter and KCP a max deal, but I doubt we get either.

We do need a backup PF though. I wouldnt be surprised if we went after a vet PF for cheap

beat

All the negatives you mention are indeed that but in this new NBA tweeners are becoming a positive. Draymond Green makes that defense lethal because he's a tweener.

https://theringer.com/draymond-green-golden-state-warriors-nba-draft-3b2fbbcedf76

It’s also why for all the draft talk of finding the next Draymond, there probably isn’t going to be another version of him to come along anytime soon. I mean, you can’t just take any bulky 6-foot-7 guy with long arms and decent foot speed off the street and mold him into everything that Green is; if you could, former no. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett wouldn’t be a punchline.

Bread

Banned
I agree that Boston shouldn't max him. Which is why getting Fultz made so much sense. You get one more year out of IT while Fultz is developing, then if you let IT walk, you have your replacement.

Now, if IT walks, you have no one to fill his role. The Celtics aren't going to be contenders with Terry Rozier or Marcus Smart as their starting point guard.

A dude that is capable of putting up 30 points a game is going to get a max contract from someone. If Boston doesn't offer the max, someone else will.
That's all true but clearly Ainge doesn't see Fultz developing into a star if he was willing to give them to a divisional rival.

And IT will not be a 30ppg scorer at the start of his max.

Jarate

Banned
Finding the next Draymond is always hilarious to me

Dude's literally one of the smartest basketball players ive ever seen. his size and intangibles arent what make him a good player. Hell, he'd be a much better player if he was taller most likely

Finding the next Draymond is always hilarious to me

Dude's literally one of the smartest basketball players ive ever seen. his size and intangibles arent what make him a good player. Hell, he'd be a much better player if he was taller most likely

This happens all too often in the NBA. Every tall Pg was the next Magic or Penny. Every 6'6ish atheltic guard was the next Jordan. Every undersized SG was the next Iverson. Every short PF was the next Barkley or Rodman. All the while completely ignoring what makes those guys total outliers.

VeeP

Game 7 tonight, go Cav.

I can't believe Cavs are about to make the biggest comeback in history since the America's Cup. Golden State gonna lose when they were up 3-0. Cavs got too much momentum now. Lebron really is KD and Stephs daddy. Finals Curry is real.

Sandfox

In the past 24 hours, Pritchard has become more aggressive in pursuing trades for George, league sources told The Vertical. Pritchard has yet to show an inclination to engage the Lakers, but has discussed deals with several teams – including Cleveland – in which the expectation of teams would be that George is a “one-year rental.” It is unclear how robust those offers to Indiana will ultimately be, given that teams believe he will sign with the Lakers next summer. So far, Indiana is asking for a substantial package of talent and draft picks for George, league sources said. Discussions could extend until Thursday’s NBA draft – or beyond.
Well that isn't happening.

Sam Amico‏Verified account @AmicoHoops 1m 1 minute ago
# Cavs and # Pacers have indeed discussed Paul George, but Indy said to be in very early stages of making calls. Talks just beginning.

🤔🤔🤔

Bread

Banned
Sam Amico‏Verified account @AmicoHoops 1m 1 minute ago
# Cavs and # Pacers have indeed discussed Paul George, but Indy said to be in very early stages of making calls. Talks just beginning.

🤔🤔🤔
He will look good in Cav Green 😍

mjp2417

Banned
Not sure why a rebuilding team wants Love's contract though.

I think it will probably require a third team. Denver probably makes the most sense on paper. They already tried to deal for Love in 2014, they have had a desire to land a big name for a while now (Wade last summer, PG at the deadline), they have young non-essential assets to move, and they probably see themselves on the verge of making a leap after last year.

Sandfox

The Cavaliers are devoid of the kind of young players and future picks that Indiana might want in return for George, and George has never mentioned the Cavaliers as an intriguing destination.
More from Woj.

Tall4Life

George really ruined his own trade value here with how much he's been hinting at wanting to go to LA. Pacers could have conned Magic into a trade by saying if he was traded now he would probably stay with that team, and there are other lucrative offers they're looking at...

qcf x2

As a Pacers fan I am seething. Okay, you're gonna leave, that's your right. But why fucking spill the beans before the draft even happens? Why fuck us over before you go?

Miracle

George really ruined his own trade value here with how much he's been hinting at wanting to go to LA. Pacers could have conned Magic into a trade by saying if he was traded now he would probably stay with that team, and there are other lucrative offers they're looking at...

He lowered his trade value so he can go to the Lakers with their young core in tact.

Luckily, the Lakers aren't like the Knicks ala Melo trade.

Sandfox

As a Pacers fan I am seething. Okay, you're gonna leave, that's your right. But why fucking spill the beans before the draft even happens? Why fuck us over before you go?

PG made it obvious that he wanted out, but then the Pacers came out and said they plan to build around him.

Miracle

Gregg Doyel‏Verified account @GreggDoyelStar
The Pacers couldn't read between the lines, so Paul George spelled it out for them: Trade me now.

This is probably why.

He said he was gone during this past season
Bird was dumb af to not trade him after the all star break
Could have easily tanked too

Bird should have accepted Celtics late picks in this years draft x next years draft x Smart x OLYNK 🐐 for George

Tom Penny

Celtics definitely have the assets for PG but giving them up to see him bounce to the Lakers in a year would rival This Fultz kick in the balls.

Top Bottom