• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

qcf x2

He said he was gone during this past season
Bird was dumb af to not trade him after the all star break
Could have easily tanked too

He just said recently that he's committed to the Pacers. Anyway, I don't care that he's leaving so much as I care that he made it publicly known when and where he will be signing a year from now... 5 days before the draft. Killing whatever draft leverage the Pacers might have.

He said he was gone during this past season
Bird was dumb af to not trade him after the all star break
Could have easily tanked too

Bird should have accepted Celtics late picks in this years draft x next years draft x Smart x OLYNK 🐐 for George
I think Larry knew what was about to happen but ownership wasn't willing to let him make the hard decision.

No coincidence he left just as this was about to go down.

As a Pacers fan I am seething. Okay, you're gonna leave, that's your right. But why fucking spill the beans before the draft even happens? Why fuck us over before you go?

He's looking out for himself. He doesn't owe Indy anything. It's not his fault Larry Legend was too stupid to read between the lines.

You know what happens to people who talk trash about Jayson Tatum? You know what happens?

fLfPgTd.gif

VeeP

How about unprotected 1st rounders in 20 & 22? Cavs could make a run now and then the Pacers can reap rewards when LeBron leaves and Cleveland stinks again.

Maybe. I still feel like Lebron will be playing in 2020 and 2022, especially if he works more on his shot lol. Dude's taken care of his body so well. I'm not a Cavs but Lebron is a beast.

Tall4Life

Maybe. I still feel like Lebron will be playing in 2020 and 2022, especially if he works more on his shot lol. Dude's taken care of his body so well. I'm not a Cavs but Lebron is a beast.

This is basically their last chance to keep LeBron. If he can win with PG and Kyrie then they might all stay for a time, even PG as he's on a championship team. Otherwise LeBron is out unless he's feeling magnanimous.

VeeP

This is basically their last chance to keep LeBron. If he can win with PG and Kyrie then they might all stay for a time, even PG as he's on a championship team. Otherwise LeBron is out unless he's feeling magnanimous.

Your right. But a lot of this just depends on the best offer Pacer's get I feel like. Some other team might trade them better picks, I don't know.

And you have to think of the other hand. Let's say Cavs trade maybe Love for George (which I don't think will happen), if George doesn't win he's gonna leave Cleveland, and then it'll just be Lebron and Kyrie. If Cavs trade picks, then if Cavs win I can see Paul George signing a contract for 2-3 years, and that 2020 pick and maybe 2022 pick is useless, no?

VeeP

LeBron Jr gonna betray his dad and sign with BBB and Lavar.

It's true. LeBron Jr. gonna see his dad has lost more finals than he won. He's gonna see Lonzo never lost a single finals
(can't lose a final if you never get past the first round)
, and decide he wants to be a BBB.

jmizzal

Pacers should trade PG to the Lakers for their 2nd first round pick 28th this year and one of their young assets maybe Clackson

Lakers can start the new team a year early and Pacers prob get the best they will get since no other team will give up more then that knowing he's going to LA

edit or something like the post above me lol

Cornbread78

Clippers really should try to pull something right here and sign CP3, George and Griffen together..

Not sure they can with Jordan's contract thou.

jey_16

Banned
If your the Cavs, how can you not try to make this deal? Love + ??? + Picks

LeBron, Irving and George would be amazing, and even if George leaves after one season, doesn't that give them cap space with no George or Love on the books?

Tom Penny

If your the Cavs, how can you not try to make this deal? Love + ??? + Picks

LeBron, Irving and George would be amazing, and even if George leaves after one season, doesn't that give them cap space with no George or Love on the books?

31st pick and K Love contract who says no?

Cornbread78

If that's all it costs to get him I'd take the risk that you can convince him to stay.
Because 1) players love playing in Boston and 2) the C's will be better than the Lakers. The C's probably think they have a chance to keep him.

Please see below.... Bron and George already planned this shit out...

Ya'll need to go listen to that Scalabrine i terview where he laid out all of their plans in detail, lol.

Paul George will come with Lebron to the Lakers in 2018.

Please see below.... Bron and George already planned this shit out...

Ya'll need to go listen to that Scalabrine i terview where he laid out all of their plans in detail, lol.

Scal also said there was no way Ainge would pass on Fultz. I'd take the risk if the picks were cheap enough.

jbug617

Banned
Zach Lowe says according to his sources expect the Pacers to trade PG13 very quickly.
@ZachLowe_NBA: Sense from teams talking to IND is that Pacers intend to move fast on a PG deal.

Could this be the reason why Ainge was quick to trade #1 instead of waiting for the draft?

Tom Penny

Zach Lowe says according to his sources expect the Pacers to trade PG13 very quickly.

Could this be the reason why Ainge was quick to trade #1 instead of waiting for the draft?

Ultra small ball. IT Hayward PG at PF Al at Center Bradley? Probably not going to win it because GS is on some bullshit but for sure one of the top 5 teams in the league.

or just wait a year and get PG without giving up anything

Nothing's ever certain. What if he goes to a team that has a legit playoff run and decides it isn't worth it to go to a rebuilding LA team?

I'm sure the Pacers would rather have Futlz in that scenario.

Supposedly one of the reasons they traded the pick is that it was too valuable to give up in a single trade. Breaking it up into multiple smaller assets means they can trade just part of its original value for something. They wouldn't have given up 1 for PG but maybe they'd give up 3 or the Lakers/Kings pick.

Tom Penny

PG fits the Celtics better than Butler. Butler is guaranteed more years. I'd probably do either for Lakers/Kings pick. They still have Nets farm league. No risk no reward. Boogie went for nothing.

Bread

Banned
PG fits the Celtics better than Butler. Butler is guaranteed more years. I'd probably do either for Lakers/Kings pick. They still have Nets farm league. No risk no reward.
If we walk away with the same team plus Butler/PG and another future lottery pick I'd say we've done it.

Top Bottom