• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

mjp2417

Banned
CP3 to SAS, Boston signing Hayward and trading for Butler, and Cleveland trading for PG, in addition to the Sixers of all teams turning into must watch TV would make for one of the most exciting NBA seasons in recent memory. Make it happen David Stern.

LionPride

Banned
This is a good thing right?

ZrkpzzT.png

The key to evaluating draft talent is to only watch the positive Draftexpress video for the guys you want and the negative videos for the guys you don't want.

jbug617

Banned
From The Ringer's NBA guy

@KevinOConnorNBA: Two NBA sources expect Lakers to parachute into Paul George talks if the Cavs are closing in on a deal. Unclear if #2 would be on the table.

Someone from The Vertical also tweeted that Lakers are talking to Ball's agent right now. No guaranteed from them that they will take him #2.

good, the more the lakers pass up on ball the more I'm hoping the celtics trade the #3 for butler and the bulls take him.

Lonzo would be a great pick or the bulls.....plus lonzo gets a year to learn from one of the greatest passing PG's of all time and one of the greatest slashers of all time in Wade. I actually would love Ball in Chicago....I however could give 2 shits about LeVar with that package though lol

jbug617

Banned
Amico tweeted that the Cavs and Pacers talks are picking up. Said the Pacers want a deal done before the draft on Thursday.

VeeP

We talking about hopes for the offseason?

Can Pistons please do something properly? They can't win properly. They can't tank properly.

So how about trading Drummond and Reggie Jackson for whatever picks they can, and just fucking tank for a few years? Sign KCP, have him do good this year and trade him to. And just tank. Tank 10 years straight, and when I have a family and proper jobs hopefully I can not be ashamed to say I'm a fucking Pistons fan.

PG fits the Celtics better than Butler. Butler is guaranteed more years. I'd probably do either for Lakers/Kings pick. They still have Nets farm league. No risk no reward. Boogie went for nothing.

How so? I think they're very similar in pretty much everything they do, but Butler was a better player statistically last year (and in the last 3 years he has been a better player than George ever was) and he never had a gruesome injury. I might choose George if I had to because I think his ceiling is slightly higher, but they're pretty much interchangeable.

Cornbread78

How so? I think they're very similar in pretty much everything they do, but Butler was a better player statistically last year (and in the last 3 years he has been a better player than George ever was) and he never had a gruesome injury. I might choose George if I had to because I think his ceiling is slightly higher, but they're pretty much interchangeable.

Isn't George a much better outside shooter? O
I'd rather them get Butler because of his contract regardless, lol.

So how about trading Drummond and Reggie Jackson for whatever picks they can, and just fucking tank for a few years? Sign KCP, have him do good this year and trade him to. And just tank. Tank 10 years straight, and when I have a family and proper jobs hopefully I can not be ashamed to say I'm a fucking Pistons fan.

The Celts could use Drummond and have the picks for a trade, but 22mil/yr and "hack a Drum" are probably going to keep them away.

also.....butler will fight to play if he has to, he only has one goal.....win at any cost. He's been by far the most consistent bulls player to count on for the most part to actually play

George has one advantage.....his outside shooting has always been better. Butler though plays well with other shooters.....something the Celtics actually have in the starting lineup. I'm amazed butler averaged almost 6 assists last season with the garbage he had

FZZ

Banned
Yeah Lakers need to put Randle, Clarkson, 28th, and Deng on the table STAT

If BeCleveland gets PG it'll be gg

dude is gonna have the taste of a chip or at the very least the Finals and he's not gonna want to go back

it's LeGM vs. Magic rn

What is Cleveland even going to trade? Jr smith and shumpert?
I assumed Love but he doesn't sound like the type of asset they're looking for. I'm not sure really.

Call their bluff. We ain't gotta do shit

The more I look at their assets I agree, but I'm sure there is a 3rd team they can get involved who would want love. I'm just worried because if PG joins Lebron he's not gonna leave.

Maybe the Pacers have dreams of still making the playoffs as a 6-8 seed. But personally I have no clue why they would want Love. And that is all Cleveland can really offer. All he does is keep you out of the prime positions in the lottery. He doesn't move the bar from a competitive stand point at all.

Like I know we love the thought of PG going to the Cavs (I do too) but the Pacers have no obligation to help them. No one can offer some picks for freaking Paul George?

A three team deal with the Cavs and a team that could maybe use Love doesn't seem impossible.

dude is gonna have the taste of a chip or at the very least the Finals and he's not gonna want to go back

it's LeGM vs. Magic rn

doesn't matter

IF lakers get PG

LeKing leaves for LA

If Cleveland gets PG....he stays

hahahaha

Hydrus

it's LeGM vs. Magic rn

Nah. Why trade him within the same conference? And for what, Kevin Love? Lakers dont need to do anything.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
If I'm the Lakers, I sit it out. They're not winning anytime soon. If PG really wants to be there, he can sign as a FA.

Man, if cleveland gets that trade

Cleveland is going to be in a worse position than the brooklyn nets when LeBron retires......its going to be uuuggglllyyyyy

Cornbread78

doesn't matter
IF lakers get PG
LeKing leaves for LA
If Cleveland gets PG....he stays
hahahaha

Lebron is going to "actively retire" in LA after next season, so it's really a fight between CP3 and George as to what team he ends up at, lol. (CP3's pos with the players union is going to keep him in LA)

A three team deal with the Cavs and a team that could maybe use Love doesn't seem impossible.

Fuck, Danny just got a huge hard-on. Only assets and Love give him that kind of bulge...

Man, if cleveland gets that trade

Cleveland is going to be in a worse position than the brooklyn nets when LeBron retires......its going to be uuuggglllyyyyy

If I'm Cleveland I'd be ok with that. You have to go all in while you have one of the greatest players of all time. Who cares if you suck for years afterwards?

Isn't George a much better outside shooter? O
I'd rather them get Butler because of his contract regardless, lol.

He is a much better 3 point shooter than Butler, but Butler much better at other areas and the Celtics have plenty of good 3 point shooters anyway.

George has one advantage.....his outside shooting has always been better. Butler though plays well with other shooters.....something the Celtics actually have in the starting lineup. I'm amazed butler averaged almost 6 assists last season with the garbage he had

Yeah this is how I view this too. Make me choose and I might pick George, but things aren't equal and Butler doesn't come with the Lakers bullshit like George.

A slight correction here.

They have a bunch of guys that can shoot threes, but none of them are good/great from behind the arc.

I disagree man, AB is a pretty much elite 3 point shooter and Crowder and IT were both really great last year as well. Even Horford was pretty good for a big man.

Top Bottom